Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 07:59 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
In other words, you can't just tell me what "Omni God" means. I have never read your definition of Omni God. Why not just tell me?
Because you already know my thoughts on this E as you took part in that thread, so all I see is you being deliberately obtuse and I will not play into your game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 08:02 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
They should post posts with the thought that maybe we just might have it right about God. But I realize God has locked up all together in stubbornness that He would have mercy on all. So until He unlocks someone from their stubbornness, it is futile to try to convince them. That being said, it is not a slam against them. It's just the way it is.

I always get a laugh from those type of statements E, it is always the other guy who is blind and stubborn.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I always get a laugh from those type of statements E, it is always the other guy who is blind and stubborn.
And it's always the other guy who has to prove it.

While Eusie just gets to make up stories.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:37 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
We seem to have two gods here, the one that Eusebius describes and the one that Christians are always on about, that being the "God Of Love". They say "God is Love" quite often. I lean toward the "God is Love" school of thought which contradicts the claim that god created (or engineered) evil and is a brutal and barbaric god, hellbent on forcing 'his plan' through, at any cost in human suffering (and any other feeling animal).

What does 'God's Plan' mean anyway? To make us suffer? Heaven knows there has been enough human suffering already! Can we just conveniently blame Satan? Does Satan have power over God?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:52 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
Quote:

Yea yea yea, you keep on believing that. But I know that "God is working all together for GOOD." You have a hopeless outlook. You live, you suffer, you die and phht, that's it. Darkness. Eternal never ending phht.
To me, that's one of the most repulsive aspects of your religion - the belief that life is all about suffering, and the only thing that gives it meaning is that when you die you get to go to heaven. I can hardly imagine a more twisted, depressing worldview than that.

And that's one of the reasons I want to see the cancer that is christianity scoured from our society like the tumor that it is - to keep people like you from destroying the hearts, minds, and souls of innocent children by forcing them to believe this revolting message.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Exactly, the very core of atheism is devaluing our humanity, individuality and self worth.
Just as with everything else, you have this completely backwards. You're the ones who devalue humanity and the self-worth of the individual by insisting that humans have no worth apart from their "relationship" with your god. You christians think so poorly of your fellow human beings...

Old 10-01-2015, 11:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
And that's one of the reasons I want to see the cancer that is christianity scoured from our society like the tumor that it is - to keep people like you from destroying the hearts, minds, and souls of innocent children by forcing them to believe this revolting message.
Christianity is supposed to be based on the revelations and teachings of Christ but it has been hijacked into a hybrid Judaism God and Christianity we might call Judaistianity. Loose your venom on that . . . not Christ or His Christianity of agape love. Christ remains the paragon of human achievement and the exemplar of our God's perfect agape love for us all. All the other evil and negative crap in Christianity is pure human vanity and hubris writ large.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:10 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,901 times
Quote:
I was agreeing with you.
I said "It is a non-human entity" and you replied, "But God is non-human." That does not sound like an agreement. That sounds like you thought I said one thing, when I infact said another, and with your "but" you were attempting to correct me. Own it. You then compounded this with the lie that you were actually correcting someone else who disagreed with me. When in fact no such person or post existed. You then followed up your error with "He is responsible for creation" a claim you have not even attempted to substantiated at all.

So I repeat the question you have been dodging. Have you any arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to offer that even begins to substantiate the claim that a non-human intelligent intentional agent is responsible for the creation and/or subsequent maintenance of our universe? Because you sure have not offered any in 1000s of posts yet.

Quote:
Don't tell me I've never made a post proving God exists if you are unable to prove He does not or prove He does.
I can tell you what I want thanks, I do not need your permission, nor are you in a position to tell me what to do. There is NO REQUIREMENT at all in this world that I am required to prove the negative of a claim in order to acknowledge you have not substantiated a claim.

The simple fact is you just shoved words in my mouth by demanding I substantiate a claim I never made. Not big, not honest, not clever, and I called you on it. Deal with it. The simple fact is that I have never claimed there is no god(s). What I have claimed is that no one, much less you, has offered a shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to suggest there IS a god.

Quote:
See what I mean? You make asinine statements like the above and don't expect anyone to call you on it and get upset when someone does.
So now you are ascribing emotions to me I never experienced nor expressed. You really do love making up your own reality to dodge the actual one it seems. No one is getting upset here except you and there is nothing asinine about observing facts. And the simple FACT is that the claim there is a god, which you make, is one you make without a shred of substantiation.

Quote:
Who says I have to prove God exists?
Do not ask me. I certainly did not say this. I merely observed you have not substantiated that a god exists in even the smallest way. This is simply a fact. I never once said you HAVE to, I merely observed you have NOT done so. Even once. Even a tiny bit.

I am unsure what utility you find therefore in responding to things I never said, or getting uppity about statements that were never made. Is replying to things people actually said so abhorrent to you, or difficult for you, that you have to reply to some narrative only real in your fantasy world?

Quote:
Yea, sure, you prove everything you say. Sure.
I never said prove, again with putting words in my mouth. I said I substantiate every claim I ever make. If you wish you can find a case where this is not so, and I will happily provide the substantiation now. But I simply do not recall EVER making a claim on this forum that I have not substantiated with arguments, evidence, data and/or reasoning to support it.

Contrast this to you, where you go around claiming there is a god, but you have not once lent credence to that claim on any level and you go into a haughty series of linguistic acrobatics to deflect when someone observes this fact.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default The Bible--barbaric

Of course it is.

It's a product of the most barbaric location on earth. The most salient characteristic of the middle east has been mindless violence for the past 10,000 years. To expect the myths arising from such a culture to be anything other than barbaric is naive.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Just as with everything else, you have this completely backwards. You're the ones who devalue humanity and the self-worth of the individual by insisting that humans have no worth apart from their "relationship" with your god. You christians think so poorly of your fellow human beings...
Umm no, we believe every person is an unique creation from God, given a special personality, gifts and talents. Every human being is valuable and loved by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality