Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This "research" has been preached time and time again from pulpits across the nation to demonize LGBT people since at least the AIDS crisis of the 1980s. Anybody who grew up in a fundamentalist church has likely heard them at some point; that gay people have thousands of sexual partners, don't live past their 40s, and ingest feces. Funny thing is, pretty much all of it has been proven to be false. Ironic that fundamentalists have no reservations about spreading false information when it furthers their agenda, the exact thing they accuse the LGBT community of doing.
Care to explain why gay men continue to be the vastly highest HIV demographic in America?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Since when?

Cat
Attend a church for awhile and you'll see instead of just clutching and believing the negative stereotypes from afar.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:49 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Attend a church for awhile and you'll see instead of just clutching and believing the negative stereotypes from afar.

I have attended a church for a long while. I have seen first hand how nasty they can be.

Cat

Old 09-27-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I have attended a church for a long while. I have seen first hand how nasty they can be.

Cat

You go to one church and have a bad experience so you judge everyone based on that.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:03 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
You go to one church and have a bad experience so you judge everyone based on that.

I didn't say ONE church. I have gone to many of them.

Cat

Old 09-27-2015, 01:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Its a mental disease like depression. Also it goes against all the laws of nature, you cannot create a child through natural means, another thing, inserting into an exit hole is going against human anatomy and physics. It promotes pedophilia, yeah I said it.
You go against the laws of nature.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:21 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Sorry to inform you, but human beings are not animals.
Sorry to inform you, but yes they are.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:22 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Without relying upon such statements as

God opposes it
The Bible says its wrong
Its a sin
My church teaches its wrong

or other such reasons that puts the blame for your attitudes on God, please explain your opposition to consenting adults having a desire to have a romantic and sexual relationship with other consenting adults of the same gender.
I'm wondering why this is in "Religion and Spirituality" if you don't want anyone invoking religion?

A better choice might be the Psychology forum or Mental Health forum.

I don't have an objection, just a repulsion and don't want to know about. That makes it difficult when the LGBT community here posts thread after thread in several different areas of the forum. Put it in my face, you'll get my opinion.

You say that it happens in nature. Do you mean like when one dog "rides" another? That's dominance. Monkeys pick bugs off of one another and eat them. They also procreate out in the open among other things making "nature" of lower forms of animals not what I would use to justify my behaviors. But that's just me!

So, I shouldn't use God's name to justify the sin of acting upon homosexual urges? Then, "God made me that way is not an excuse either."

Let's see, let's do "born that way": No, Marco, homosexuals aren't born that way and the truth is that the majority of people don't care what sins other engage in until the trample on the rights of others. And, last but not least, most people do feel it is a mental illness and they do not understand what it is. Behind closed doors, it is still considered a mental illness: http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealt...hat-went-away/

So, it isn't so much that we object to the sins of others unless they attempt to trample the rights of others or teach our children that "good is evil and evil is good". But, with the "agenda", you'll keep posting "Just another gay thread": The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

Most people just pass these threads by because they are either repulsed or just bored with the multitude of threads on the subject. Asking the same questions and hoping for different answers is just

I think the question becomes "Why does the OP and those others that keep posting these "gay" threads, keep wanting others to chime in and give them acceptance. If you aren't accepting of yourself and uncomfortable and need others to tell you what you are doing is right and that they approve, you need to take a hard look at yourself.

Never confuse "tolerate" with "acceptance" as I see that is a major issue in the LGBT community. I "tolerate" as do many others but do not "accept".

Old 09-27-2015, 01:46 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

You say that it happens in nature. Do you mean like when one dog "rides" another? That's dominance. Monkeys pick bugs off of one another and eat them. They also procreate out in the open among other things making "nature" of lower forms of animals not what I would use to justify my behaviors. But that's just me!
No, I mean like the bonobos and other animals that engage in actual homosexual sex.

By the way, the bonobos are known to be just about the least violent of the great apes. Chimps can be violent and even warlike. Bonobos are thought to solve many relationship issues with sex rather than violence.

Quote:
I think the question becomes "Why does the OP and those others that keep posting these "gay" threads, keep wanting others to chime in and give them acceptance. If you aren't accepting of yourself and uncomfortable and need others to tell you what you are doing is right and that they approve, you need to take a hard look at yourself.

Since this is the first thread ever I have posted on the issue, the accusation that I keep posting these "gay" threads is a false accusation. I am also not gay and in need of any acceptance or approval. I wonder though what the objections are to homosexuality if the ones opposed to it cant rely on the
reasons in the OP.

Quote:

Never confuse "tolerate" with "acceptance" as I see that is a major issue in the LGBT community. I "tolerate" as do many others but do not "accept".

Once again, gays do not care if you or any other person opposed to their lives accept them. What they want is for you and others to quit persecuting them through the legislative process simply because your religion opposes their lifestyles.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My objection is that we have redefined marriage, the most fundamental human institution.
That's been redefined a bazillion times already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality