Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 04:06 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times

Advertisements

If all they really wanted to do was tell people about God, that is exactly what they would do.

But no, they have to tell people about Christian Dogma. If that dogma were true wouldn't God just communicate it directly to the person who is searching for the truth? Doesn't God communicate directly to the heart?

When Christians think they need to "witness" to others, then that is proof that they are living under the Curse of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 04:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If all they really wanted to do was tell people about God, that is exactly what they would do.

But no, they have to tell people about Christian Dogma. If that dogma were true wouldn't God just communicate it directly to the person who is searching for the truth? Doesn't God communicate directly to the heart?

When Christians think they need to "witness" to others, then that is proof that they are living under the Curse of the law.
witness and being nice enough to inform us we are going to hell seem like two different issues to me too.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:45 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I just don't understand why we cannot tell people about how good God is and how he can help people who have a relationship with him without people saying we are cramming our beliefs down their throat. Christians just want to help. I think some go overboard but if a person has a rough time in their life I try to tell them to pray and trust God. Nowadays, you can't even go public with your beliefs yet it is ok for people to say that they don't believe in God. This is why I am scared to try to convince people to come to God. Folks get so upset.
If you're talking about telling people about God in the U.S., I cannot imagine there is a person living here who doesn't know about God and the bible and churches and all the rest. I would think they certainly would know whom to contact if they are interested.

You can go public with your beliefs all you want. Doesn't mean people need to agree or even talk about it with you. Not sure how this constitutes persecution.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:28 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Why?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
How would a Christian feel if I told them that what they believe is false and will lead to an eternity of punishment unless they do, feel and believe exactly the same way I do.
They would claim that they are being persecuted - exactly as they they do now.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:58 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
They would claim that they are being persecuted - exactly as they they do now.
True that, I can be a witness to that but it isn't their fault because they have so much passion, and maybe they have never known persecution to know that it aint THAT.

I used to play the victim, I really did, I feel so freaking ashamed of those days, I mean really.

Do you know what occurs in one's head after they feel as though they have been persecuted?

I am ashamed of the ideas in my head after feeling persecuted.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:19 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why?
Because the New Covenant says that no one will have to teach his neighbor about God, that everyone will just know. So this kind of witnessing is proof that they are still under the Old covenant.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:13 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
And there's the crux of the problem with today's Christianity: So much of it is about control instead of love. So much of it is about dominion rather than peace. And so much of it is about "the Lord" rather than the teacher.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Then you may have more in common with the irreligious than with the Organized religious.

We say, you can believe anything you want, and tell others about it, too, on places like this, though you may expect doubts and questions.

The Organized religions are more likely to say: "We think it is essential for your own good that you should believe as we do, and - for your own good - we are going to do what it takes to see that you do."

The point of secularism is woefully misunderstood by the religious. It is not about suppressing religion, it is about allowing any and all religions to live in a world that enjoys all the benefits of scientific and technological advances. It of course also allows people to opt out of religion and say publically why there is reason to, which is probably why it is represented by the religions as being the ultimate evil, when it is actually in their own interests.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Folks get upset because they don't want to hear about what you think they should believe.

Think about it.

Accept it.
Weird. That hasn't stopped you yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality