Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 02:04 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
yup.

No David, God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 02:07 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Sorry, folks. A post violated the forum rules by quoting a post and then editing it so as to completely change the meaning. That post had to be deleted. However, it had been quoted in a reply, and that post had been quoted in a reply, and then that post was quoted in a reply. Unfortunately, the number of posts that had to be deleted in a long chain of orphaned posts exceeded 50 posts. I'm sorry for the disruption in the conversation.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yes, we have proof that the Bible is untrue as to the creation of the universe. One being in the verses

1.Science has proven that the Sun (the greater light to rule the day) is the same all of the other stars in the universe.
2.Science has proven that the moon (the lesser light to rule the night) is NOT at light.
3.Science has proven that the Sun was NOT formed less than 100000 years ago since the photons that currently are providing energy to the Earth were generated by the sun more than 100,000 years ago and probably as long as 1,000,000 years ago from the beginning of their journeys from the core of the sun.

So, yes, the Bible creation story has been proven wrong, thereby putting into question all of the other extraordinary claims of the Bible.
So, after creation of the universe, when did G-d plant man on earth?...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
My contention is that the Almighty God didn't need to do that. He is Almighty remember. He can do anything. We don't need to learn anything through hard knocks. We can be given that knowledge from the get go. We can learn it from books and many of us do. Then again, there are those that need to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

This thread is about the God of the old testament being a sick God who inflicts or allows the infliction of a great deal of suffering. I don't see anywhere in the NT that Jesus did any such thing although he seemed to have deliberately put himself through it. No-one here is claiming Jesus is sick. We do question whether he was a real person though and whether he did and said the things attributed to him.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
yup.
So, what do you see?...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Thank you. I hope you never face such a loss.
All in all, we argue because it is what we do...It exercises the mind, but, we do exhibit empathy...I have one daughter who just gave me my first granbaby and I can only imagine the grief of losing her...I feel for your loss...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
No David, God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins.
So, how is that?... since G-d stated that He hates human sacrifice and He also stated that no one may die for the sins of another, that each man shall die for his own sins...How do you get around this?...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Sorry, folks. A post violated the forum rules by quoting a post and then editing it so as to completely change the meaning. That post had to be deleted. However, it had been quoted in a reply, and that post had been quoted in a reply, and then that post was quoted in a reply. Unfortunately, the number of posts that had to be deleted in a long chain of orphaned posts exceeded 50 posts. I'm sorry for the disruption in the conversation.
50???...Wow!...That's a lot...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
My contention is that the Almighty God didn't need to do that. He is Almighty remember. He can do anything. We don't need to learn anything through hard knocks. We can be given that knowledge from the get go. We can learn it from books and many of us do.
We were given it from the beginning...As newly created creatures we had learn and grow...It was supposed to happen the way it happened...

Quote:
Then again, there are those that need to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Hey!...Not funny!...I actually did that when I was about seven...I was bet by a 14 year old that I couldn't hit the wire...I proved him wrong......

Quote:
This thread is about the God of the old testament being a sick God who inflicts or allows the infliction of a great deal of suffering. I don't see anywhere in the NT that Jesus did any such thing although he seemed to have deliberately put himself through it. No-one here is claiming Jesus is sick. We do question whether he was a real person though and whether he did and said the things attributed to him.
The problem is that folks want someone to blame for their misfortunes or their evil deeds, so they personified Satan, now they can point fingers at him...The truth is, were are all born with a Yetzer HaTov and a Yetzer HaRa (good inclination and bad inclination), some of us follow one more than the other...How many of us break the speed law and then rationalize it in our own minds like, "Well, I was late for work and I didn't want to get fired."...So, If we don't want to break the law, what do we do?...Get up and going earlier...

Man had to exit the Garden in order to learn and grow...We are responsible for our own suffering...

Old 02-07-2016, 02:42 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, after creation of the universe, when did G-d plant man on earth?...
You tell me because I don't believe it happened. Please provide your objective demonstrable evidence when you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality