Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 11:45 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Once again:

Thank you, Vizio.

Thank you, jeff.

You have more than adequately demonstrated the lack of empathy, rationality and critical thinking required of good, bible-bearing Fundamentalists.

We - the rest of the planet - thank you for discouraging others from following you into the bogs of hysterical irrelevance.

Long may you bray your beliefs.

Yes mocking and running down people who simply have a different opinion like you do constantly is such a great standard to live up, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 11:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
OK? I wasn't suggesting you had to, was I?
Yet you want laws based on your religious beliefs that others would have to follow.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:49 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Protest till the cows come home....It will do no good, because it will never go back to what it was. I think it's time for you fundies to stop sniveling and whining and accept a good and moral decision.
Typical atheist arrogance. A moral decision that destroys the rights of others is not a good decision.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:53 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yes mocking and running down people who simply have a different opinion like you do constantly is such a great standard to live up, right?

No one would care about your opinion if you simply left others alone to live their lives their way and not according to your definition of morality.

You do get this, right?

No one cares, for example, that Hindus think it wrong to eat beef, or Muslims pork. But watch what happens if either religion tries to force others to follow their rules. Conservative Christians who love their steaks and ribs would be at the front of the line calling BS on believers pushing their religious beliefs onto others.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet you want laws based on your religious beliefs that others would have to follow.
No. I have never said that. No matter how many times I tell you that you continue to put words in my mouth and lie about me. It's frustrating that we can't have a rational discussion with you.

Why will you NOT stand for an actual discussion on it without resorting to those tactics? Are you scared to have your position shown to be less than reasonable?

Old 03-12-2016, 12:25 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
Quote:
To be honest, the term "Evangelical" is almost meaningless today. It's so wide of a term, it's hard to define who is and is not an Evangelical.

Having said that, I don't know that it's about controlling others as much a it is an interest in seeing a society that we would actually enjoy living in. I honestly don't care what someone does in their bedroom, and I don't know a single Evangelical that does. But we do not want to see a society that is hostile to our values. We just want to live life. Of course, that will directly clash with others that don't have the same values, but why must we cater to those values instead of our's? We are voters, too.
The problem Pastor Vizio is that YOUR God apparently does care what people do in their bedrooms. You know, that creepy all seeing creator you believe in who thinks stoning homosexuals for homosexual behavior in their bedrooms is a righteous thing. Oh and don't forget the idiotic idea that even thinking a lustful thought is equivalent to adultery. What are YOUR values exactly Pastor Vizio?

Old 03-12-2016, 12:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
No. I have never said that. No matter how many times I tell you that you continue to put words in my mouth and lie about me. It's frustrating that we can't have a rational discussion with you.

Why will you NOT stand for an actual discussion on it without resorting to those tactics? Are you scared to have your position shown to be less than reasonable?
Do you want laws that ban same sex civil marriage?

If you do, then you want laws based on your beliefs that would force my to live in accordance with those beliefs.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:19 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:

Having said that, I don't know that it's about controlling others as much a it is an interest in seeing a society that we would actually enjoy living in. I honestly don't care what someone does in their bedroom, and I don't know a single Evangelical that does. But we do not want to see a society that is hostile to our values.
Your hypocrisy is well known and thoroughly documented here, but I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen you reveal it so starkly in just two consecutive sentences. "I don't care what people do in their bedrooms, but I don't want to live in a society where they get do something in their bedrooms that I don't like."

I've seen these blindingly obvious contradictions from you again and again, and as I've said before, I'm sure it's because you've got your congregation so brainwashed that they never challenge any of the nonsense you spout. You're used to just spewing it out there and seeing a hundred heads all nodding and saying, "yep. that's the word of the lord, alright," and you have absolutely no clue how utterly ludicrous it is to people who actually use critical thinking skills.

Quote:
We just want to live life.
What's stopping you? Live it, then, and mind your own damned business. When Boy George and Ian McKellen show up at your front door with a court order compelling you to let them use your bedroom to sodomize each other, then it becomes your business. Anything short of that, it is not.

What part of "mind your own business" is so completely incomprehensible to you people?

Quote:
Of course, that will directly clash with others that don't have the same values, but why must we cater to those values instead of our's? We are voters, too.
That'd be this thing here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...s_Constitution

Ever hear of it? It's been in all the papers and everything. That's the framework of how our society is constructed, and if you find it such a reprehensible system of government that you simply cannot tolerate it, you're welcome to find another country that has a different system. Perhaps Iran would be more to your liking.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:21 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Your hypocrisy is well known and thoroughly documented here, but I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen you reveal it so starkly in just two consecutive sentences. "I don't care what people do in their bedrooms, but I don't want to live in a society where they get do something in their bedrooms that I don't like."
It's weird. I never actually said that, did I? I mean..if you look at the ACTUAL post I made, you're flat out lying about what I said. How can you expect anyone to actually take you serious when you do that?

Old 03-12-2016, 01:36 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
It's weird. I never actually said that, did I? I mean..if you look at the ACTUAL post I made, you're flat out lying about what I said. How can you expect anyone to actually take you serious when you do that?
Ok, if I have it wrong, explain to me what you mean by this -

Quote:
Having said that, I don't know that it's about controlling others as much a it is an interest in seeing a society that we would actually enjoy living in. I honestly don't care what someone does in their bedroom, and I don't know a single Evangelical that does. But we do not want to see a society that is hostile to our values. We just want to live life. Of course, that will directly clash with others that don't have the same values, but why must we cater to those values instead of our's? We are voters, too.
How did I misinterpret that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality