Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
...snip...

I never have to justify, defend, explain, prove, or rationalize anything about myself to anyone. That is being secure. Respond to insult with silence. That is being secure.
It is also being vague, deliberately obtuse, narcissistic and grandiose.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
We are all beloved children of the Creator.
Yes and I'm sure that's exactly how every creature and human on this planet feels when they are being tortured to death or find themselves in a purely hellish nightmare of which their only escape is death.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:03 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes and I'm sure that's exactly how every creature and human on this planet feels when they are being tortured to death or find themselves in a purely hellish nightmare of which their only escape is death.
Loving God is a constant, it does not change based on circumstance.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Loving God is a constant, it does not change based on circumstance.
You have thick blinders on. You are so far out of touch with what's really going on around you...and has been going on since the beginning of human existence.

The point I was making is that your claim that those who are "beloved children of the Creator" is really an out of touch with reality nonsense thing to say.

What kind of "creator" would stand by idly allowing innocent children, humans and animals to be tortured to death or find themselves in a purely hellish nightmare of which their only escape is death? Really you call these poor victims beloved children?

People like you make my skin crawl with your out of touch blinder nonsense speak.

I can only wonder if you ever fall upon their unfortunate situation...I wonder how much of a special little beloved snowflake and "beloved child of the creator" you will feel. You are completely out of touch with realty. You have no compassion for those who are in that situation. Sadly the world is full of people just like you.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:23 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You have thick blinders on. You are so far out of touch with what's really going on around you...and has been going on since the beginning of human existence.

The point I was making is that your claim that those who are "beloved children of the Creator" are really not now are they?

What kind of "creator" would stand by idly allowing innocent children, humans and animals to be tortured to death or find themselves in a purely hellish nightmare of which their only escape is death? Really you call these poor victims beloved children?

People like you make my skin crawl with your out of touch blinder nonsense speak.

I can only wish you could fall upon their unfortunate situation...I wonder how much of a special little beloved snowflake you will feel.
An example of what you describe is the Holocaust. And yes I lost a lot of family in that. The pogroms. The Inquisition. The Crusades. The massacres. The blood libels. And yes our love for God is intact.

It is neither wise nor kind to wish harm on others.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-10-2016 at 10:34 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 10:30 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
I thought I was right and then i discovered Judaism and now im questioning everything i was told for 30+yrs. Clearly I may have been wrong.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:36 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. These silly semantic games are pointless. Saying they are questionable would imply I do not believe them to be true. I am just acknowledging that they can be questioned. Saying they can be questioned simply means that others need not agree with me.No. I do not believe there is any such thing as the supernatural. That does NOT mean that others cannot question it and need not agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm saying that "free rational inquiry" would actually be open-minded, considering the possibility that things other than you believe may be true. I haven't see that from any atheist on this board.
We never see it from you or any other fundy, Vizio. Your ilk are the least rational and open-minded in the forum.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
It is neither wise nor kind to wish harm on others.
Go back and re-read my post. You quoted it before I re-worded the point I was trying to make, which is...I can only wonder if you ever fall upon their unfortunate situation...I wonder how much of a special little beloved snowflake and "beloved child of the creator" you will feel. You are completely out of touch with realty. You have no compassion for those who are in that situation. Sadly the world is full of people just like you.

It's not wise or kind to wear blinders to the horrors inflicted upon any species or to marginalize it by claiming they are "beloved children of your creator". This tells me you are just as evil as they are.

Go right ahead and keep your delusional blinders on all the while some innocent soul is being tortured to death as you justify it with your self delusional talk.

Quote:
An example of what you describe is the Holocaust. And yes I lost a lot of family in that. The pogroms. The Crusades. The massacres. The blood libels. And yes our love for God is intact.
I am not talking about your love for god. I am talking about your utter nonsensical claim that those who suffered and those who are still suffering all over this planet are "beloved children of your creator". But of course you think it's all about you don't you?

It's clear that's the biggest self delusional lie you have going for yourself. I view people like you just as evil as those who are torturing innocent species from all walks of life. People who wear blinders and marginalize the unjust suffering of innocence species are no better than the people who are committing the horrors.

That's one sick and worthless "creator" that you worship. One that could give a damn what happens to all the species that have ever walked this earth and have suffered at the hands of evil humans. Nice way to treat your "beloved children."

What do you think this says about you to worship this type of "creator"? Your posts alone told me all I needed to know about you, but this seals the deal on another level.

Last edited by Matadora; 12-10-2016 at 11:39 PM..

Old 12-11-2016, 01:42 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm saying that "free rational inquiry" would actually be open-minded, considering the possibility that things other than you believe may be true. I haven't see that from any atheist on this board.
...and yet I would wager that every atheist on this board is open to the possibility that they might be wrong and, I'd say, just about every atheist on the planet, would accept, if they were given verifiable evidence for it, the existence of gods. How many theists do you know who would accept that they are wrong in their god belief and would accept that their deity does not exist? How much 'open-mindedness' do we see from Christians when they are presented with the mountain of verifiable evidence of evolution?

We hear so many theists claiming that atheists should approach the question of god existence with an open mind...whilst thy themselves walk around with their fingers firmly stuck in their ears.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
The elephant in the forum is that most of the anger revolves around views about sex. It's "the for it crowd" vs. "the not for it crowds" 24/7. It's very predictable, but I've grown to enjoy the rubber stamp posts with always the same conclusions/summations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality