Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 05:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,649,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
They can start their own threads if they are interested in "teaching" as you say.

If I were to start a thread about muscle cars, people who want to talk about exotic Italian cars shouldn't be on there trying to derail the thread. It is the same thing on here. The traits of the universe are irrelevant if talking about the Christian deity, or any other deity for that matter.

I do think it is funny how you think "anti religious types don't want that", in regards to teaching, when the religious are notorious for not wanting their people to think or learn. Leads me to believe you are either religious in disguise, or you are simply trying to troll non religious folks. Either way, you have proved to me that you aren't worth responding to again in this thread, unless you bring something more than the bashing of people who "lack belief".
well, when youre talking about an omni dude that is not real whats a brother supposed to do? I asked the person about what is real. I am not anti religion, I am only an atheist looking at how the universe works. Slamming everything about a religion even when some parts fit the standard model is not my thing.

atheist that ignore valid conclusions that offer explanations, mechanisms, and make predictions is a disgrace. Hiding behind the literal topic of the OP is a cheap trick. Asking about "if thats not real, then what is?" is not talking about a Buick.

Funny? I Felt sick to my stomach. Image how I felt when I came up against these anti religious types. Claiming "we shouldn't talk about "some science" because it makes our job harder." Or being told to get out of the way regardless of what the science supports. Or, because I claim, "apologetics" is the most reasonable stance to get back on the sidelines. These types have issues, and although they are good for cannon fodder to be tossed at fundies, they are not the leaders of rational people trying to get along.

Are you only into anti religion or how the system around us works regardless if some religions having parts right or wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 05:46 PM

64,072 posts, read 40,350,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
So is god matter? (4%) or Dark matter? Dark energy? (the other 96%)
Wait I know it's both..................
Yes, just as you are matter and non-matter consciousness.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not sure what you're exactly referring to, I'm sorry.
But by definition, such an atheist would not be an atheist. He'd be an agnostic.
yeah vizio. the definition is the definition. I am an atheist by definition. Your omni dude god is not real. I more than lack belief in regards to that thing, I wouldn't even come up with that type of god using what we have. Its like looking at a map to see where your going and stating "chair legs hold up bubbles".

Old 01-05-2017, 05:59 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,090,923 times
Why would I ever consider fantasies that humans create? Do you consider fairies to be real religious devotees?

Old 01-05-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Why would I ever consider fantasies that humans create? Do you consider fairies to be real religious devotees?
First we check the claim. usually the creation came out of seeing something real. they just totally butcher it from that point. like seeing a plane at night. If it has three lights it can look like its doing weid things. Yes, the lights looks like that, no they are not fairies flying around.

So I would change the word "fantasies" to "illusion" for most claims. Ot investigate the emotional component of the person making a claim.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:20 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,682,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
You dont have to. But "G-O-D" is not just defined as "fantasies humans create".
Pantheism provides for the unequivocal and irrefutable evidence of a God that comports definitively, and its existence is self-substantiating.
It is only bias and/or ignorance that would have anyone claiming "No Evidence For God(s)" in the face of that.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:01 AM

50,108 posts, read 20,864,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The trouble for both the Atheists and the Agnostics...is that Pantheism provides for the unequivocal and irrefutable evidence of a God that comports definitively, and its existence is self-substantiating.
It is only bias and/or ignorance that would have them claiming "No Evidence For God(s)" in the face of that.
It is, in fact, an insult and disrespectful to Pantheists. It is directly contradictory and a bashing of their beliefs.
No it does not. Everything is nature and to give it another name is at best pointless and at worst (carrying lot of theist baggage) is a swindle.

You can call your garden Gnome 'God' if you want to, and can call it "Gnomeism", and good luck to you, but when you claim that this invalidates atheism, you are either being stupid (and I don't believe you are) or crafty (which I would bet my rental on), Especially as you get this explained very simply and you keep trying to pull the same trick, when everyone has seen through it.

P.s Oh, and you can save wearing your fingers out playing the 'dictionary' card. Dictionaries reflect human usages, they do not validate them.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-06-2017 at 05:16 AM..

Old 01-06-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, when youre talking about an omni dude that is not real whats a brother supposed to do? I asked the person about what is real. I am not anti religion, I am only an atheist looking at how the universe works. Slamming everything about a religion even when some parts fit the standard model is not my thing.

atheist that ignore valid conclusions that offer explanations, mechanisms, and make predictions is a disgrace. Hiding behind the literal topic of the OP is a cheap trick. Asking about "if thats not real, then what is?" is not talking about a Buick.

Funny? I Felt sick to my stomach. Image how I felt when I came up against these anti religious types. Claiming "we shouldn't talk about "some science" because it makes our job harder." Or being told to get out of the way regardless of what the science supports. Or, because I claim, "apologetics" is the most reasonable stance to get back on the sidelines. These types have issues, and although they are good for cannon fodder to be tossed at fundies, they are not the leaders of rational people trying to get along.

Are you only into anti religion or how the system around us works regardless if some religions having parts right or wrong?
we make you "sick to your stomach" do we? I get to suss you more all the time. I have never before known an "Atheist" (you are rather a sortagod theist - I won't say irreligious as the partiality to religion is there) I really wanted to see Convert.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-06-2017 at 05:16 AM..

Old 01-06-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
we make you "sick to your stomach" do we? I get to suss you more all the time. I have never before known an "Atheist" (you are rather a sortagod theist - I won't say irreligious as the partiality to religion is there) I really wanted to see Convert.
Yeah, When I first heard "sortagod" I was like "wtfudge?" Maybe sick is the wrong word. I am learning that birth years don't represent brain years. Adult children of abuse sometimes never grow past the event. Or of they do, there is always an area that it comes crashing back into play. Always.

Like a broken leg that never heals fully. They can dress nice and a righter real pretty. But it will show through.

your sortagod is a personal opinion. I only do "how the universe works". Personal beliefs, like your "sortagod" is an personal opinion to minimize "how the universe does work" so that a personal need can be filled. Or worse, used as a recruiting tool at the expense of the truth.

Theist do the same thing. That Is, and always has been, my main point with you.

I don't hate religion, the numbers and observations don't support religion as a thing. The numbers and observations show only people. There nothing I can do to make your boogey man real. Its a figment of your imagination.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:29 AM

When I see one of your posts, I tend to think: "Just what is he replying to?" Let's see if I can find a Ronnie Barker clip of giving the answer before the question...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvmRI6K8TS8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality