Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:23 PM

136 posts, read 69,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
This is all part of that wonderful cloudy clarity that I'm finding myself in.

I personally don't care if their is a god or not. I am however finding a peacefulness never felt before to this extent. And everytime I get out and smell the pine trees or the freshness of the air from Lake Superior all this "your god sucks but mine is great" crap becomes even more insignificant.

It might be because Jim and I are both older and retired with no responsibilities left in life except to each other and to do no harm to others.

Gotta mull on all this stuff more.
It's not about a god, and most certainly not about religion; but A FATHER, HE WHO IS CREATOR of ALL(Lake Superior inclusive), and the Monarch Butterfly migration in Port Wing, WI was amazing as IS ALL CREATION!

And that same month, while yet in the Port Wing area, was the only time i ever saw a newly born White Tailed Deer up close as well!

Such experiences most certainly cause me to bear witness unto Creation's Genius!

YES!

Thankfully i am older, if 73 is old, and i retired from the american way some 30 years ago!

Hope i hear the coyotes tonight, and if this fleshly body can't rise out of bed in the morning because The Spirit departed?

YES!

Home, Home at last!

Till then, Life remains a wonder filled experience....... francis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 06:30 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
It's not about a god, and most certainly not about religion; but A FATHER, HE WHO IS CREATOR of ALL(Lake Superior inclusive), and the Monarch Butterfly migration in Port Wing, WI was amazing as IS ALL CREATION!

And that same month, while yet in the Port Wing area, was the only time i ever saw a newly born White Tailed Deer up close as well!

Such experiences most certainly cause me to bear witness unto Creation's Genius!

YES!

Thankfully i am older, if 73 is old, and i retired from the american way some 30 years ago!

Hope i hear the coyotes tonight, and if this fleshly body can't rise out of bed in the morning because The Spirit departed?

YES!

Home, Home at last!

Till then, Life remains a wonder filled experience....... francis

Thank you many times over. This is what I feel, much younger than you 62

One of the things we want to start doing this summer is go on a waterfalls tour. There are hundreds in the UP--big and small. Water seems to be my draw.

Think it is also what my thinking is in the thread I started about the great spirit being god.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:26 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Sure, they're called agnostics.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM

136 posts, read 69,622 times
Default Please post the link to the thread you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Thank you many times over. This is what I feel, much younger than you 62

One of the things we want to start doing this summer is go on a waterfalls tour. There are hundreds in the UP--big and small. Water seems to be my draw.

Think it is also what my thinking is in the thread I started about the great spirit being god.
Once Again, have a peaceful, restful night....... francis

Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Once Again, have a peaceful, restful night....... francis
Elderchild---- thank you for the blog info

Hopefully this worked.http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...at-spirit.html computers and I are a bit mismatched.

Jim and I gave some serious thought about retiring to somewhere around the Tucson area but too hot for us. The UP generally doesn't have a major humidity problem and usually anything about 80 is quite rare.

You mentioned springtime in the UP. Its like a rebirth after months of snow and frigid cold and the Yoopers will get a bit crazy.

I have truly enjoyed reading your posts and looking forward to checking in on your blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality