Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 06:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
God is great my confused friend, and He concluded all under sin, so that he might have mercy on all. God required what was past...it was necessary to see which/who in Adam's race has love or hate for God.
So, God is "not" all knowing? He doesn't know the future?

It is really difficult to love or hate an absent being.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,764,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Damned if I know! I've never seen the film!
If I were as dishonest in debate as Goldie is, I'd remark that you just Knowed that's the sort of film he'd watch , but I'm not, so I won't mention it.

(ps sorry for my over -use of "" but that just seems to be the only appropriate reacticon when considering God's servants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Ahhhhhh, yes...more literal critiques of metaphorical and allegorical stories.
On another note...Why did Apollo Creed have to die in Rocky 4...wouldn't just badly beaten been enough?
Do you think it was foolish for Rocky Balboa to fight Ivan Drago for free on Christmas, and, do you think that Drago got paid by the Soviet Government for the fight or was it just part of his job as a Captain in the military?
More quibbling about nothing, my misguided friend. It is laughable enough that you don't see that the posters are simply countering what Litletwitness considers NOT to be myth and allegory, even if we do, but even more laughable that you are using such irrelevancies in an ongoing campaign to make atheists look unreasonable and thereby debunk atheism.

You just carry on as you are old mate, and like Litlewitness here, you will not do your credibility any good.

Quote:
Love or hate...it's up to you Rafius. Have a blessed day.
And you, our posting Pal, May his noodliness grease your hasty -departing footsteps, and may your Ramen never contain lumpy bits

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-11-2017 at 06:50 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 07:02 AM

22,271 posts, read 19,263,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
...in an ongoing campaign to make atheists look unreasonable .....
militant atheists achieve that all on their own when they post

Old 05-11-2017, 07:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,870,768 times
Quote:
Love or hate...it's up to you Rafius. Have a blessed day.
I stumped you then huh? Thought so. Why don't you respond to what I wrote instead of hiding? Is your god omnimax or not?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Ahhhhhh, yes...more literal critiques of metaphorical and allegorical stories.
On another note...Why did Apollo Creed have to die in Rocky 4...wouldn't just badly beaten been enough?
Do you think it was foolish for Rocky Balboa to fight Ivan Drago for free on Christmas, and, do you think that Drago got paid by the Soviet Government for the fight or was it just part of his job as a Captain in the military?
What exactly does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I stumped you then huh? Thought so. Why don't you respond to what I wrote instead of hiding? Is your god omnimax or not?
When the questions get tough, the ignorant crawl back under their rock.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:43 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,764,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
militant atheists achieve that all on their own when they post
to the Theistic frame of mind, I suppose we do.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:42 PM

1,220 posts, read 988,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
So, God is "not" all knowing? He doesn't know the future?

It is really difficult to love or hate an absent being.
God alone declared the end from the beginning. God is not absent from your life of His own choice. You're the one who evicted him.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I hope you realize that stating that thousands witnessed the miracles of Jesus is different from providing witnesses who can be cross-examined and confirming what they saw. I doubt that you would passively give yourself over to the police, without a defense, if they came to your door because some person you don't know or will never know told them that you murdered your neighbor. This is what you expect us to believe as evidence, while I'm quite certain that you would willing go to jail because of the testimony of some inaccessible stranger.
How many eyewitnesses does it take to prove something in a court of law? Because 4 eyewitnesses documented Jesus' activities in the Bible. In addition there were secular writings from that time period that also documented it. Heck there's more evidence for Jesus than there is for Alexander the Great!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And if I decide I'm happy with my brains in working order...? What then? Apart from you being sorry, that is.
I don't understand your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality