Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 04:30 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Keep going you sound more like Gldnrule all the time.
lol, yeah, thats all you got big man anymore. call me gld, mystic, theist, sortagod, politicing, and anything else you can. all lies to help you out. Avoid the real science in favor of your belief based science. You have no rules. You will do or say anything to get revenge for what happened to you. I am thinking that connection be just be some atheists don't like somebody telling them what to do and personal accountability.

you know your toe sucking until you could walk on your own is exactly religious right? Thats what good religion does, like a crutch, used only to help until peeps can walk on their own. When a person reaches yonder shore that boat you hate so doesn't mean a toe licking thing.

be that as it may, you still avoiding the question i see.

what did you mean by atheism is operative? I don't follow that.

My guess is, youre afraid to tell me. You know that I will understand it clearly.
soldier boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
You stand on the shoulders of those that came before you. The world of today was created by those who came before us and the world of tomorrow will be created by those who live today. What you're assuming is that you simply vanish without a trace after you die. This is completely untrue, however. The actions you take in life will impact this world long after you are dead and buried. Being an atheist doesn't mean you have no personal accountability or face no consequences for your actions. Only a selfish narcissist would need the fear of eternal hell to act morally upright. Your actions have tangible long lasting consequences in this world and the people that fail to see that are the ones that believe they have no personal accountability.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
1. Auschwitz to Rwanda: the link between science, colonialism and genocide...Heike Becker.

2.Trump Should Ask Denmark’s PM Why His Government Is Promoting Genocide... Georgi Boorman.

3. The Science of Genocide... Chris Hedges.

God did not promote genocide. There were giants living in the land, and they were sacrificing their own children in hopes of their continued hedgemony. God is righteous for using Israel to destroy the destroyers.
Have you read Shake Hands With The Devil by Romeo Delaire?

And of course the people who colonized Africa, the Americas or Australia were all atheistic scientists. Killing people because they never heard of Jesus does not sound like the moves of atheists does it? As atheists were on of the targeted groups of the Nazis and almost all Germans at that time were Christians is that something you really want to bring up or that the folks in Rwanda used machetes .

So science eradicated some diseases and the Catholics and Anglicans tried to eradicate the Indian out of the First Nations children. I too can cherry pick past events as well as twist facts to make religion seem terrible. Science is a tool that can be 7sed by both the religious and non religious alike for good or bad. Airplanes fly mercy flights as well as into buildings . Are you also saying that if Israelis made the claim that God wants them to commit genocide upon the Palestinians that would be alright with you? Didn't he order the killing of every man, woman, child and beast of a city, how is that not a genocide? How is the Noah story not a genocide of every group of people other than Noah's? I have heard about how evil every infant and fetus was back then but how is a total genocide of all the people in the flood and the drowning of all the bunnies and dogs be considered righteous?

Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, I have to agree with you here. What power group killed more people than any other group? Also, If we count deaths, we have to count helping too. Its only fair.

I still say omni dude god types are not real, so when I evaluate a human activity, god claims (no god or god) never enter into the evaluation. I look solely at the group's actions.

family members and friends harm far more innocent little children than any other single group of people. Then the abused grow up with a broken human experience, they can't blame family, so blame something about them that must of made them do it to them. pronoun confusion

Remember, I separate "god claims", from group or individual actions.

'the universe picking israel" is just silliness. I would expect to hear that in a high school cafeteria.

religion is a weapon sometimes. You should try and help it not be.
You are actually...unprepared! Arrogant Angle seems more appropriate. Like others, you seem to derive a sick pleasure in ascribing Almighty Authority to the universe...not to The Creator of the universe. The Creator (Yes! He Is Real!) chose Israel. Denial is not your only weapon of choice. You were wrong not to let go of the enemies arsenal. You know, it's much easier to believe now than later ...

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." Hebrews 3:12 KJV

Old 05-20-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Have you read Shake Hands With The Devil by Romeo Delaire?

And of course the people who colonized Africa, the Americas or Australia were all atheistic scientists. Killing people because they never heard of Jesus does not sound like the moves of atheists does it? As atheists were on of the targeted groups of the Nazis and almost all Germans at that time were Christians is that something you really want to bring up or that the folks in Rwanda used machetes .

So science eradicated some diseases and the Catholics and Anglicans tried to eradicate the Indian out of the First Nations children. I too can cherry pick past events as well as twist facts to make religion seem terrible. Science is a tool that can be 7sed by both the religious and non religious alike for good or bad. Airplanes fly mercy flights as well as into buildings . Are you also saying that if Israelis made the claim that God wants them to commit genocide upon the Palestinians that would be alright with you? Didn't he order the killing of every man, woman, child and beast of a city, how is that not a genocide? How is the Noah story not a genocide of every group of people other than Noah's? I have heard about how evil every infant and fetus was back then but how is a total genocide of all the people in the flood and the drowning of all the bunnies and dogs be considered righteous?
Excellent question my new friend whose ancestors were not "First" but did in fact arrive on a boat on these "Western" shores like everyone else!

"Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words." Isaiah 41:26 KJV

You'll have to ask God yourself.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Excellent question my new friend whose ancestors were not "First" but did in fact arrive on a boat on these "Western" shores like everyone else!

"Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words." Isaiah 41:26 KJV

I am not a First Nations person. But they were here thousands of years before others so that does make them First. And how do you know if they arrived by boat or by land ?

Anyone can quote a book instead of answering a question. A God who claims that killing babies and bunnies is righteous is one that is not.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:01 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Why do you have to quote the bible? Are you capable of having a mind of your own or is that not allowed? How did you become a fundamental literalist? Were you indoctrinated into it?
Quote:
Right and I am sure he will get an answer from a non-existent god.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-20-2017 at 11:34 PM..

Old 05-20-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am not a First Nations person. But they were here thousands of years before others so that does make them First. And how do you know if they arrived by boat or by land ?

Anyone can quote a book instead of answering a question. A God who claims that killing babies and bunnies is righteous is one that is not.
Non-First Nations person...it's not a question of "if" they arrived by boat or by land...they arrived here! Most likely by boat. Again, your question is not for me to answer...your argument is with God...so ask Him why He destroyed all with a great flood...

"Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded." Isaiah 45:10-12 KJV

Old 05-20-2017, 11:31 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol norne.

litera religious blame the rich, literal atheists blame the rich, finger pointing bunch a whiners to me.

enjoy that festival. And remember to be as courteous to the helpers as the singers. make us proud.
What is a literal atheist?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Why do you have to quote the bible? How did you become a fundamental literalist? Were you indoctrinated into it?
Right and I am sure he will get an answer from a non-existent god.
Since I learned to read, I've been studying to show myself approved unto God. Does this make me blameless? Hell no...I'm guilty like everyone else. Nevertheless, I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ who always by the instrumentality of the Holy Spirit rightly divides the Word of Truth in me.
"Non-existent" cannot precede God, neither can it come after. God is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality