Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 03:41 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Science does not promote genocide such as the god you worship did.
1. Auschwitz to Rwanda: the link between science, colonialism and genocide...Heike Becker.

2.Trump Should Ask Denmark’s PM Why His Government Is Promoting Genocide... Georgi Boorman.

3. The Science of Genocide... Chris Hedges.

God did not promote genocide. There were giants living in the land, and they were sacrificing their own children in hopes of their continued hedgemony. God is righteous for using Israel to destroy the destroyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 06:57 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
1. Auschwitz to Rwanda: the link between science, colonialism and genocide...Heike Becker.

2.Trump Should Ask Denmark’s PM Why His Government Is Promoting Genocide... Georgi Boorman.

God did not promote genocide. There were giants living in the land, and they were sacrificing their own children in hopes of their continued hedgemony. God is righteous for using Israel to destroy the destroyers.
yeah, I have to agree with you here. What power group killed more people than any other group? Also, If we count deaths, we have to count helping too. Its only fair.

I still say omni dude god types are not real, so when I evaluate a human activity, god claims (no god or god) never enter into the evaluation. I look solely at the group's actions.

family members and friends harm far more innocent little children than any other single group of people. Then the abused grow up with a broken human experience, they can't blame family, so blame something about them that must of made them do it to them. pronoun confusion

Remember, I separate "god claims", from group or individual actions.

'the universe picking israel" is just silliness. I would expect to hear that in a high school cafeteria.

religion is a weapon sometimes. You should try and help it not be.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:04 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I was was going to reply to littlewitz, Arach, but that will do.

Genocide is a human trait (regrettably) and nobody can claim they either didn't or couldn't do it. And religion merely provides a justification "Those people have evil customs, so it was good and right that we wiped them out".

Old 05-20-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I was was going to reply to littlewitz, Arach, but that will do.

Genocide is a human trait (regrettably) and nobody can claim they either didn't or couldn't do it. And religion merely provides a justification "Those people have evil customs, so it was good and right that we wiped them out".
to dismiss the reasonable statement i made would just expose you ... again.

yeah, like lennon, castro, and others literal atheist religion leaders did? yuppers, your religion's people did a good job too.

when the killing starts, we will probably be on opposite sides. trying to stop "blind activism" that are not based on reality will cause needless deaths. You might even win, but it doesn't change how the universe works.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Keep going you sound more like Gldnrule all the time.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:26 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:

What's lacking here is your understanding of what science actually is. Humans not Science carried out genocide. You remind me of the folks who say guns kill. A gun has no conscious ability to make a decision to kill anyone. Same with science, it is not a conscious living entity...it's simply a systematic method of studying the nature of the Universe and discovering the scientific laws that govern it.

Humans are responsible for acts of genocide...not a non-conscious method.

Quote:
Just like most religious fundamentalists, they have no knowledge about the god they worship. They have no knoweldge of the stories written in their "holy" text describing this murderous, genocidal, evil wicked god.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:

What do you call drowning every living human being except for 8? In what way is that not genocide?

If there were "giants" living in the land, where did they come from? Did God create them? If yes, then how is he righteous to destroy them? If their giantness is a problem in some way, the fault is God's.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What do you call drowning every living human being except for 8? In what way is that not genocide?

If there were "giants" living in the land, where did they come from? Did God create them? If yes, then how is he righteous to destroy them? If their giantness is a problem in some way, the fault is God's.
Agreed. If they had gone wrong, then God could put them right. He supposedly gave a people a whole book putting them right. If they won't listen, he should make them. Plagues and afflictions are easy enough. The fact is that giving up on a people and just having them destroyed is no story for the modern age. Modern man may not be angels, but we are better than that.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 PM

1,248 posts, read 824,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Remember, there are no consequences. There is no fundamental justice. Maybe justice is decreasing the population. What a terrible existence and you are all unwittingly contributing to your own demise.

No accountability. What a terrible world that lies ahead.

But to be an atheist, is freedom. No consequences. No justice.
Yeah, guess what, I like my freedom. And I am not going to feel ashamed because of it. A few months from now I am planning to spend several hundred dollars on attending an opera festival, just to hear my beloved Richard Wagner. And I am not going to feel guilty for spending it on my own selfish aesthetic pleasure instead of giving it to charity or to some missionary organization for spreading the gospel. Whereas back in my Christian days I would be all torn up inside and in tears because of this inner conflict between my own wishes and the "Christian duty". So, yes, for this godless Pagan, freedom is a wonderful thing

Old 05-20-2017, 04:20 PM

lol norne.

litera religious blame the rich, literal atheists blame the rich, finger pointing bunch a whiners to me.

enjoy that festival. And remember to be as courteous to the helpers as the singers. make us proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality