Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
You stand on the shoulders of those that came before you. The world of today was created by those who came before us and the world of tomorrow will be created by those who live today. What you're assuming is that you simply vanish without a trace after you die. This is completely untrue, however. The actions you take in life will impact this world long after you are dead and buried. Being an atheist doesn't mean you have no personal accountability or face no consequences for your actions. Only a selfish narcissist would need the fear of eternal hell to act morally upright. Your actions have tangible long lasting consequences in this world and the people that fail to see that are the ones that believe they have no personal accountability.
I would second that. I will not go on here and list all the times over the past week alone that I went out of my way to help someone I knew, or even did not know. What I will mention is that I hope that by spreading a small portion of brotherly love to those I encounter, the inspiration of those recipients will trickle down through their daily lives and hopefully work towards the good of others, humanity, mankind, and the love of whom being the greatest of all good.

I am an Atheist. I get no rewards in the afterlife for my deeds, nor do I receive any punishment for my failings. I want none. What I do want is to contribute to the common welfare, and the advancement of the human race. That is ALL that I desire, and ALL that I need
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 09:06 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I agree totally with my colleague.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I understand that it's easy to reject the words of Christ because it almost impossible to make it into Heaven. This is particularly true for those that are wealthy and powerful.

Atheism means there is ultimately no personal responsibility. It means there are no consequences for how you lived your life on earth. It means there is no justice.

You see, governments turn on people. They've done it all throughout history. How many times have genocides occurred? How many times have we gone to war?

Christs tells us to love our enemies. If all adhered to the words of Christ, there would be no wars, no anger, no hostility, but only peace and harmony.

However, the flaw in Christianity is that it is only as strong as it's weakest link, which is why it will always be doomed to failure.

So, perhaps soon, after a liquidity crisis causes banks to consolidate, the power structure will be more concentrated. We can only assume that there is an increasing probability that those in power will be less likely to believe in the Christian God and the consequences that come with it. It's easy that way.

So what happens when automation makes 99% of jobs obsolete? Do you believe that the government will provide for its people? Why would it do this? Why would people be altruistic? Why should they be?

Remember, there are no consequences. There is no fundamental justice. Maybe justice is decreasing the population. What a terrible existence and you are all unwittingly contributing to your own demise.

No accountability. What a terrible world that lies ahead.

But to be an atheist, is freedom. No consequences. No justice.
Strange, every fundamentalist support the current administration--ALL ARE RICH and POWERFUL..so did fundamentalist Christians just put a whole bunch of atheists in charge

Old 05-21-2017, 10:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I would second that. I will not go on here and list all the times over the past week alone that I went out of my way to help someone I knew, or even did not know. What I will mention is that I hope that by spreading a small portion of brotherly love to those I encounter, the inspiration of those recipients will trickle down through their daily lives and hopefully work towards the good of others, humanity, mankind, and the love of whom being the greatest of all good.

I am an Atheist. I get no rewards in the afterlife for my deeds, nor do I receive any punishment for my failings. I want none. What I do want is to contribute to the common welfare, and the advancement of the human race. That is ALL that I desire, and ALL that I need

Too soon to rep..but I give my support and endorse this post 110%!!!

Old 05-21-2017, 11:29 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Non-First Nations person...it's not a question of "if" they arrived by boat or by land...they arrived here! Most likely by boat. Again, your question is not for me to answer...your argument is with God...so ask Him why He destroyed all with a great flood...

"Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded." Isaiah 45:10-12 KJV
"I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am". As meaningful to this topic as your quote. Yes the great flood that left no evidence, did not interrupt cultures around the world and has had many books full of garbage written by creationists in order to make money. As there is no evidence of any of the Gods and you deny all but your own narrow interpretation of one, why should I even ask some probably non existent entity on what you mean in your posts?

Old 05-21-2017, 12:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 986,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Parenting is one thing...indoctrinating a child is another and is mind control abuse IMO.
No actually its my choice to not believe in this silly nonsense that you tout.
How can a non-existent god even laugh? I see your mind has been deeply indoctrinated.
IMO...the only thing you see is yourself. Say these words: "I think, therefore I am." This of course does not follow. Rather: "I am, therefore you think." Say no more, "Could you be loved?" You are beloved! Have a blessed day in God's great creation beloved Matadora.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:21 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
IMO...the only thing you see is yourself.
You would be wrong once again. I was not indoctrinated into religion as a child....therefore I am not seeing myself here. In fact I was sent to Sunday school as a tiny little Matadora and as this little Matadora thought about the things they were trying to indoctrinate us to believe...little Matadora realized there were inconsistencies in what they taught and what reality was. I was not yet in kindergarten when I realized the lies and inconsistencies...I guess I was lucky to be born with a more advanced consciousness then most kids at my age.
Quote:
"Could you be loved?"
Of course! I am loved by many.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-21-2017 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 04:26 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes I have been constantly told all of my life how "hot" I am, but so what?...I can't help that. Trust me it's both a blessing and a curse.

The way I talk is strait up and honest with no games involved...people like you can't handle it and find only judgement. Others like the Uber driver gets it...many folks get it. Your types will never get it. You are a typical judgmental Christian and this quote demonstrates it perfectly.

What I think about myself? You are no mind reader so stop your repeated ascribing positions to me that I don't hold. Are you also a misogynist?
No I have not missed any of your points. I have you pegged spot on just as many other posters have you pegged for your total BS.
I suggest you read the TOS. Talking smack about a Moderator is against the TOS.
No it's not but you are the one who seems to be struggling to keep up.
I guess you missed the part where god/christ commanded genocide in the bible.
I know of no atheist doctrine...nothing more then your unsubstantiated rubbish.
What goes around come around. Right?
Depends on how you define Karma.
Wrong...I was not brought up with a foundation but I am one of the most compassionate souls you will ever come across...compassionate to creatures who are truly suffering.
More of your close minded narrow views. Christ did not speak...ancient Bronze Age humans made up a story and claimed that what you call Christ spoke.
You are talking about mathematics. It's clear that you don't have any understanding on what science is.
Science does not promote genocide such as the god you worship did.
Perhaps you need to ask that illusionary god you worship.
There you go again ascribing positions to me that I don't hold. Why do you do this? You are a typical judgmental human who calls themselves a Christian...you are a dime a dozen.
Well, it figures you are "hot" because you still haven't paid attention to anything I've said and continue to bring up points that I have either already addressed or have rendered irrelevant. Instead of pursuing evidence that could refute my claim, you are busy making separate arguments in between insulting me and making assumptions about me.

Granted, I also made assumptions about you, but I'm at least willing to admit to it. Also, the reason you may have gotten away with the behavior that you're showing me, probably has a lot to do with how you look. If you have not yet realized it, we men are dogs. For example, I hung out with an intolerable person, with plenty of ignorant, hypocritical, and hate filled stories only because I was certain I would be able to have sex with this girl if I were to tolerate her personality. Fortunately, I don't get stuck in relationships where I have to consistently put up with this, but you being so strongly opinionated about my lack of intelligence without really having any idea what I know, makes me think that your boyfriend or whatever must have imprints of your heels all over his back.

Let me simplify my argument so you don't have to continuously change the subject and belittle me. Oh, and don't think I didn't notice you trying to snitch on me with your clever little coloring. Do you feel so defeated when trying to assassinate my character that you have to appeal not only to your gang of forum trolls, but also a mod to expel me for voicing a logic-based opinion.

Anyway, to get back on track, if you have 99 people who adhere 100% to the words of Christ and 1 person who is an atheist, who is the most dangerous person?

That's it. Game over.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Well, it figures you are "hot" because you still haven't paid attention to anything I've said and continue to bring up points that I have either already addressed or have rendered irrelevant. Instead of pursuing evidence that could refute my claim, you are busy making separate arguments in between insulting me and making assumptions about me.

Granted, I also made assumptions about you, but I'm at least willing to admit to it. Also, the reason you may have gotten away with the behavior that you're showing me, probably has a lot to do with how you look. If you have not yet realized it, we men are dogs. For example, I hung out with an intolerable person, with plenty of ignorant, hypocritical, and hate filled stories only because I was certain I would be able to have sex with this girl if I were to tolerate her personality. Fortunately, I don't get stuck in relationships where I have to consistently put up with this, but you being so strongly opinionated about my lack of intelligence without really having any idea what I know, makes me think that your boyfriend or whatever must have imprints of your heels all over his back.

Let me simplify my argument so you don't have to continuously change the subject and belittle me. Oh, and don't think I didn't notice you trying to snitch on me with your clever little coloring. Do you feel so defeated when trying to assassinate my character that you have to appeal not only to your gang of forum trolls, but also a mod to expel me for voicing a logic-based opinion.

Anyway, to get back on track, if you have 99 people who adhere 100% to the words of Christ and 1 person who is an atheist, who is the most dangerous person?

That's it. Game over.
Game over? You just made a big assumption that the one atheist is somehow a danger. To whom or to what? One thing is for certain is that you do not adhere to what the Bible claims about Jesus . And certainly not to the one Commandment about false testimony.

Most of us can't pretend to believe or not believe in something like you do in your Christ so all the false claims you have made about atheists not being accountable for their actions has been totally rebutted and yet you keep preceeding to make additional false claims. When it has comes to honesty in this thread Game, Set and Match.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Game over? You just made a big assumption that the one atheist is somehow a danger. To whom or to what? One thing is for certain is that you do not adhere to what the Bible claims about Jesus . And certainly not to the one Commandment about false testimony.

Most of us can't pretend to believe or not believe in something like you do in your Christ so all the false claims you have made about atheists not being accountable for their actions has been totally rebutted and yet you keep preceeding to make additional false claims. When it has comes to honesty in this thread Game, Set and Match.
I'm just saying that mathmatically, the probability for someone that strictly adhered to the words of Christ has a 0% chance of creating harm, but a person who has no foundation has a probability anywhere between > 0 and 100%.

I laid the basis of my claim as the words recorded by Christ in the Gospel, so the best way to prove me wrong would be to look there first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality