Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
When a person is born, the person normally is exposed to an environment of
acceptance. The child is accepted and is not exposed to a human element of in-justice, including greed , envy, gain ect ect ...to a great extent.

It is not the learning or brain power that creates an easy admiration of children. It is the abundance of innocence in hope, peace, joy and importantly acceptance in their being.

As a person goes through life, exposure to fear through self gain in others create fear and corrupt innocence. The resulting effect is a degradation in spirit to some extent in many..hence the introduction of lofty demeanor in the ..."wise & intelligent. The passage is referring in my opinion to self exaltation in academic precedence over the natural virtue in the child.

It is not because children are nice to look at or ill-educated that they are in highlight. Children are revered for their lack of fear in self gain. They are
without .....malice. In this , children are beautiful. In evidence I will
refer yourself to one of the whys ..Ilene was troubled with...

Why are children abused ect, Why do children die..?

The above query regarding children is disturbing. Disturbing because children are innocent....

The passage is not dis-crediting wisdom...it is making an observation to
the ..................."wisdom in innocence".
I'm afraid I cannot agree. I see it as exalting unquestioning Faith over the sort of wisdom that asks questions and doubts.
I see another example in Doubting thomas which is essentially saying. 'He had it proved to him - that should be good enough for you'.

Paul originated this 'fool for God' idea where the wise are foolish because they have no faith and the gullible believer is 'wise' because he does.

In the same way, Truth doesn't need to be true, it just needs to prop up faith. Whereas any evidential truth is to be dissmissed as lies if it doesn't.

And this placing of faith over fact is found all through Chirstian apologetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 PM

912 posts, read 827,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I'm afraid I cannot agree. I see it as exalting unquestioning Faith over the sort of wisdom that asks questions and doubts.
I see another example in Doubting thomas which is essentially saying. 'He had it proved to him - that should be good enough for you'.

Paul originated this 'fool for God' idea where the wise are foolish because they have no faith and the gullible believer is 'wise' because he does.

In the same way, Truth doesn't need to be true, it just needs to prop up faith. Whereas any evidential truth is to be dismissed as lies if it doesn't.

And this placing of faith over fact is found all through Christian apologetics.
The quote, become as children to enter kingdom....is a focus in overall ...virtue. (joy, chastity, hope, peace).......otherwise, the quote would not have been neccesary...it is "specific" in ....

"direction in suggested manner" not academic ability.

We are ...all doubting Thomas at some point in life...the focus is human nature in requirement of physical evidence, clearly NOT in the virtues.

Physical evidence abundant in the careful attention thorough comprehension of patient trueness in formal prayer . A meditation in ..respectful adoration of the great Source to all of creation.

If there is no dial tone, there will be nothing on the other end regardless of dialing number after number after number.

The OT..is an effort which reflects mans ability in comprehension at the time. Humanity, remember from last post is becoming..growing.

Not in contradiction to all that we know, the OT provides logical evidence of a growing maturing humanity.

The lesson to be learned is in the question...how can man grow from this
present day position ?

Tomorrow, rightly demands a continuance to our becoming. One form of continuance is recognizing the growth from which we came and have responsibility to continue.

Not another complaint about the root system which played a role in are development.For myself anyway

Like all man knows....including science...self...society..growth in our "shared continued becoming in acceptance to Gods will......

requires the intellectual intelligence of duty in mature perspective... to the unfolding process set in motion.( for myself)

In short...the flower wil not automatically bloom. The seasons , including harsh moments are all part of the brilliance which is in store.

For myself..politely spoken to be most sure.....I cannot sit around and "mull" about a tough winter, when the tough winter was .."endured in a pre-required requisite to our growth"

We have come to the nucleus of our discussion.......edit I am taking a break for the balance of this evening. Have enjoyed the interesting discourse.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-21-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
As a Christian I still have a few problems (which I've tried to work out in my own way, ask God for understanding).

The exclusivity of salvation (the road is narrow etc), the history of eternal torment in the church, lack of evidence for a worldwide flood, Hebrew's limited understanding about the Universe, God sometimes being violent in the OT.

I think there is a bigger picture, but when you're brought up believing 'the Bible is 100% God's word' there's no room to move. It's either/or. Perhaps more flexibility? As much as I wanted to I just couldn't swallow everything I was told. Perhaps people need to start from a more honest viewpoint, and let the Spirit guide them to God's truth in the end?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Mystic, I'm going to ask you a question here as I cannot do it in a separate thread and call your name as the rules around here can be rigid around such a thing. Anyway, I notice your frustration with some folks around here, notably those of a fundamentalist/literalist flavor. I see your constant correcting of their views about god, notably those based on the Old Testament, but you do so in a very, seemingly, over the top, intellectual way that I am not even sure they will or can understand. If you feel you are correct in your idea of a relationship with Jesus, how can "the simple" get it if it requires some apparent higher level of consciousness which most seem to not have or fear because they think it is too "new age" (READ: Satanic) for their linking?
Good question, Insane . . . because my goal is to explain my understanding as a witness to the truth of God's existence and His true nature as revealed and displayed by Jesus Christ . . . (and experienced by me in deep meditation). I KNOW for a fact (in ways incontrovertible to ME) that every human consciousness has Jesus' Holy Spirit available in what we experience as our unconscious (and/or conscience). So . . . the real problem is NOT getting them to understand MY intellectual grasp . . . but to abandon THEIR corrupted intellectual beliefs that have been fostered by the churches for over 2000+ years . . . and to SINCERELY question their heart and the inner Christ about the nature of God and our requirement to "love God and each other." It really IS that simple, Insane . . . all else is vanity.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
The quote, become as children to enter kingdom....is a focus in overall ...virtue. (joy, chastity, hope, peace).......otherwise, the quote would not have been neccesary...it is "specific" in ....

"direction in suggested manner" not academic ability.

We are ...all doubting Thomas at some point in life...the focus is human nature in requirement of physical evidence, clearly NOT in the virtues.

Physical evidence abundant in the careful attention thorough comprehension of patient trueness in formal prayer . A meditation in ..respectful adoration of the great Source to all of creation.

If there is no dial tone, there will be nothing on the other end regardless of dialing number after number after number.

The OT..is an effort which reflects mans ability in comprehension at the time. Humanity, remember from last post is becoming..growing.

Not in contradiction to all that we know, the OT provides logical evidence of a growing maturing humanity.

The lesson to be learned is in the question...how can man grow from this
present day position ?

Tomorrow, rightly demands a continuance to our becoming. One form of continuance is recognizing the growth from which we came and have responsibility to continue.

Not another complaint about the root system which played a role in are development.For myself anyway

Like all man knows....including science...self...society..growth in our "shared continued becoming in acceptance to Gods will......

requires the intellectual intelligence of duty in mature perspective... to the unfolding process set in motion.( for myself)

In short...the flower wil not automatically bloom. The seasons , including harsh moments are all part of the brilliance which is in store.

For myself..politely spoken to be most sure.....I cannot sit around and "mull" about a tough winter, when the tough winter was .."endured in a pre-required requisite to our growth"

We have come to the nucleus of our discussion.......edit I am taking a break for the balance of this evening. Have enjoyed the interesting discourse.
That sounds like signing off. I can only hope that readers will contrast (what I trust is) succinct setting out of arguments as opposed to this wooly sermonizing (and inaccurate, too. In the Gospels nothing in in 'quotes') and decide whether to go for facts or Faith.

I provide the trough. I can't make people drink.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 AM

912 posts, read 827,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That sounds like signing off. I can only hope that readers will contrast (what I trust is) succinct setting out of arguments as opposed to this wooly sermonizing (and inaccurate, too. In the Gospels nothing in in 'quotes') and decide whether to go for facts or Faith.

I provide the trough. I can't make people drink.
Its so refreshing to read Mystic's quotes in threads,(edit,on this page and all posts..) ... Ive learned the true meaning of fellow inspiration, in deep review of his thoughts.

I'm wondering in attention to this thread title, if comrades who have problems and questions regarding Christianity as mirrored through the Gospels, "develop a philosophy" which imparts favorable guidelines and objectives in life's journey.

Would the self composed philosophy or belief system ultimately produce a
similar code of conduct or a similar objective promoting peace ect in existance..?..I'm not sure on this.

What would be the largest difference in life objective , not performance related... however
philosophical objective in self management with reference to.... applied ethics?

If ...the applied ethics are generally similar, would the Divinity doctrine of Christianity not
be the fundamental problem or question in view ...including the personal God in promotion of
meditative practice ?

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-23-2011 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality