Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there any excuse or reason for not hearing "The Word"?
Yes, it could easily happen and is excusable 5 20.83%
Yes, but only in very rare and exceptional circumstances 1 4.17%
No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged 5 20.83%
The Word is not how we will be judged anyway/ or we cease to exist 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 08:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,100,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why is it you do NOT speak badly of the primitive evil in the Bible??? How can you NOT see the conflicts and contradictory morality in full view of any objective reader???
Amen.
Again....we have some guy in 2017 telling us that God is immoral because of the things he did in the Bible. It takes some incredible arrogance to make such a statement, that one is above God. You judge us every single day, and tell us that your subjective standard of "agape love" is the way. And they way YOU define that is what needs to be followed.

You ask how we don't condemn the Bible? How do you not condemn your own sinful heart? How do you pretend for a second to be above God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 08:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,075,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Again....we have some guy in 2017 telling us that God is immoral because of the things he did in the Bible. It takes some incredible arrogance to make such a statement, that one is above God. You judge us every single day, and tell us that your subjective standard of "agape love" is the way. And they way YOU define that is what needs to be followed.

You ask how we don't condemn the Bible? How do you not condemn your own sinful heart? How do you pretend for a second to be above God?

Spot on. Peace

Old 08-25-2017, 09:42 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,973,759 times
Quote:

How many times do you have to be told that it is NOT an indictment of God, but of the reports ABOUT Him in the Bible? What does it take for you to realize that those reports are WRONG?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
How many times do you have to be told that it is NOT an indictment of God, but of the reports ABOUT Him in the Bible? What does it take for you to realize that those reports are WRONG?
It would take you being able to prove that. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to believe some guy named "nate" in 2017 over God's Word.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 AM

16,034 posts, read 6,407,973 times
Quote:

The people that call the things in the Bible immoral are not saying God is immoral. We are saying those actions are therefore they could not have come from God. I don't think you are calling God immoral by saying they did take place either. We are both saying God is moral.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The people that call the things in the Bible immoral are not saying God is immoral. We are saying those actions are therefore they could not have come from God. I don't think you are calling God immoral by saying they did take place either. We are both saying God is moral.
God most certainly DID command that people be killed for their sins. He most certainly DID do the things you object to. So by saying such acts were immoral, you are condemning God.

You are creating a god in your own mind that has little to do with the actual Creator of the universe.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
God most certainly DID command that people be killed for their sins. He most certainly DID do the things you object to. So by saying such acts were immoral, you are condemning God.

You are creating a god in your own mind that has little to do with the actual Creator of the universe.
In your world he DID. From my view point he did not. You saying I'm condemning God is a conclusion you are reaching by applying your worldview to my statements. In my worldview you are the one condemning God but I'm aware that is not how you see it therefore you are not condemning God. You have to use my world view to interpret what I'm saying and I have to use yours to understand you.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
In your world he DID. From my view point he did not. You saying I'm condemning God is a conclusion you are reaching by applying your worldview to my statements. In my worldview you are the one condemning God but I'm aware that is not how you see it therefore you are not condemning God. You have to use my world view to interpret what I'm saying and I have to use yours to understand you.
And your worldview is a new development that didn't exist 100 years ago. Your worldview is not consistent with what has been known and taught about God for 5000 years. You have a new teaching that somehow people never believed before.

I'm sorry...I just can't believe that you somehow understand things about God that the greats of the Bible did not.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:11 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,973,759 times
Quote:
And your worldview is a new development that didn't exist 100 years ago. Your worldview is not consistent with what has been known and taught about God for 5000 years. You have a new teaching that somehow people never believed before.

I'm sorry...I just can't believe that you somehow understand things about God that the greats of the Bible did not.
And the point is that it WAS taught 2,000 years ago, but you can't accept that what Jesus had to say contradicts parts of what was CLAIMED to come from God said about Him.

The difference is in the authority recognized and the reasons for that recognition. Examine why you don't trust the authority Jesus promised.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:

And so was Christianity at one point. It was the "new" and you can see how people where treated over it. What's your point?

I don't have any "teachings". I'm an atheist and have never claimed my opinion as higher anything. It's MY opinion and I take responsibility for it. I don't claim to be "smarter" (whatever that means)or "more insightful" than anyone else. I do stand by my "golden egg" of cause no suffering though and some of the things in the Bible go against that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality