Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 09:38 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
if any one does not have a desire for the truth he would not get it even if it was giving to him by the truth its self.
I don't get it. There is a comment with a video, a video showing a crow putting what looks like meat in a hole in the snow. There is some verse from the Quran under the video. Is there a backstory to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 AM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I don't get it. There is a comment with a video, a video showing a crow putting what looks like meat in a hole in the snow. There is some verse from the Quran under the video. Is there a backstory to this?
see post #543 http://www.city-data.com/forum/49973833-post543.html

Old 11-03-2017, 10:17 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
you are the evidence
if you trace your family tree you will end to Adam and Eve and I am trying my best to confirm that .
but you have nothing to prove that this is not true .
You CANNOT trace your family tree back to Adam and Eve.

If you can...show us...all the detail.

Give us the unquestionable evidence.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:19 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
The video looks like animal evolution spun to make it accommodate religious text. Crows, ravens, wolves, rats, spiders, bats and of course snakes are always given the bad end of the stick in the world of religion. Muhammad did not convey a positive opinion of dogs and he proclaimed that troublesome kites (the bird) could be killed. That's kind of an interesting decree given that kites do no harm to people and in fact reduce the population of rats and mice. But then, bats do no harm and reduce the mosquito population. Mythology sure is great, huh?

Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
you are the evidence
if you trace your family tree you will end to Adam and Eve and I am trying my best to confirm that .
but you have nothing to prove that this is not true .
Yes, there is a genetic Adam according to DNA studies, in so far as most men can trace their lineage to one single male. This does not suggest there were no other males, just that somewhere in the past 135,000 years most of our ancestor's DNA mixed.

There is also a mitochondrial Eve but she lived in a different part of the planet and at a different time.
Quote:
Almost every man alive can trace his origins to one man who lived about 135,000 years ago, new research suggests.
However
Quote:
A separate study in the same issue of the journal Science found that men shared a common ancestor between 180,000 and 200,000 years ago.
And
Quote:
.... several men in Africa have unique, divergent Y chromosomes that trace back to an even more ancient man who lived between 237,000 and 581,000 years ago.
And as phetaroi sates
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Old 11-03-2017, 10:46 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
if any one does not have a desire for the truth he would not get it even if it was giving to him by the truth its self.
YES!

For once you have stated the truth!

We have been showing you the truth since the beginning of this thread and you still don't get it. You just won't see the light. You just have no desire for the truth.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

That is mentioned in the Holy Quran
and this thread contains many evidence to prove that The Holy Quran is from Allah the only god the creator of every thing
o mankind! be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam),
and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)],
and from them both He created many men and women;
and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) . Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you.
(The Holy Quran Chapter #4, Verse #1)

Old 11-04-2017, 02:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
and this thread contains many evidence to prove that The Holy Quran is from Allah the only god the creator of every thing
o mankind! be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam),
and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) . Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you.

Re the word evidence. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. Inigo Montoya.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
yeah, I don't waant the truth about how the universe works, what I want to believe is soooo muuuccchhh more important. my belief that "religion is so dangerous I am justified in denying anything, no matter what the data says, and siding with anybody, no matter how bad they are". that I will deny how the universe works. I will be just like you and preach to war instead of truth.

we should change our names to "my truth is the one, the only, and the truth that is right for public consumption truth clubbers".

Old 11-04-2017, 03:11 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
That is NOT tracing your ancestry. Another epic fail. I doubt you can trace your ancestry back further than your great grandparents. Honestly, you have no concept of science, sociology, or the proper use of English language definitions.

You have not convinced any of us of what you are preaching. And you will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality