Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Thats perfectly ok that we don't view God the same way and understand your reasons.
It looked as though we viewed reality in the same way- but you called it 'God' and i didn't. I suspect that we have a familiar situation. You call the real Universe God, because you think that there is an intelligence outside of our own that runs the universe and That's what you call 'God', not the workings of physics.

Or you might not, and i could be mistaking you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 AM

1,096 posts, read 420,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It looked as though we viewed reality in the same way- but you called it 'God' and i didn't. I suspect that we have a familiar situation. You call the real Universe God, because you think that there is an intelligence outside of our own that runs the universe and That's what you call 'God', not the workings of physics.

Or you might not, and i could be mistaking you.

I called what God? I said we are Gods. Each one of us is I AM.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:27 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,607,088 times
Quote:
Descartes? Is that you???

Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Default I could be wrong...again.

Quote:
You did. I was in a hurry (had to go out) and i had been following the idea that you saw reality as 'Intelligent' but maybe not. The idea that 'we are all gods' is a bit of a teaser. The thing isn't far from topic, but can be read all sorts of ways. each of us could become a 'legend', Or indeed a legend could be made to look like a real person.

or you could be talking about our tendency to make up tales about ourselves. Which is a very bad habit of mine but (unlike some people i have known) I haven't started believing them yet.

Or you could be thinking of humungs as 'Star -matter' - as i do myself, but (if one buys into the Intelligent Universe' theory, ..why we are 'God'. And thus all the ideas that pop into our head are Cod's.

Which is what I suspected that you meant. I could be wrong.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You did. I was in a hurry (had to go out) and i had been following the idea that you saw reality as 'Intelligent' but maybe not. The idea that 'we are all gods' is a bit of a teaser. The thing isn't far from topic, but can be read all sorts of ways. each of us could become a 'legend', Or indeed a legend could be made to look like a real person.

or you could be talking about our tendency to make up tales about ourselves. Which is a very bad habit of mine but (unlike some people i have known) I haven't started believing them yet.

Or you could be thinking of humungs as 'Star -matter' - as i do myself, but (if one buys into the Intelligent Universe' theory, ..why we are 'God'. And thus all the ideas that pop into our head are Cod's.

Which is what I suspected that you meant. I could be wrong.

I have made comments on imagination and what people call "God."

Whose reality are you talking about? Mine, yours, someone elses? Is reality intelligent? Can't answer that. Don't know what reality you're referring to. What is reality?

We are all Gods or Goddesses if you prefer because we share in that which is attributed to God. God creates, we create. (which is where imagination got involved). God heals, we heal. We can only do what we can envision. If we want a better world we have to vision a better world. This power of creation is ours. It is not exclusive to some being in the sky. You are God. He/She is not out there someplace that if we can just find it by science or some other means we will have found It. No. It is not separate from us.

The stories about Gods are to inspire us to realize our I AM power to create. Where does it begin? By seeing it in our imagination. By believing it is possible even if others say it isn't. I don't know who the first person was that thought, "hey we should live on Mars." But that may become a reality one day. More and more people now see its possibility.

What is God is yours. God isn't somewhere up in the sky or out there anywhere. God is within. What God can do we can do and we do do to the extent that we believe it and visualize it. Crossing oceans didn't seem possible till it was.

Regarding tales we make... we are a story telling people. We tell ourselves stories to educate, inform, entertain, inspire and so forth. We learn by story. We live by the stories we tell ourselves... as an example, "I was born poor and never given opportunities, I am destined to be poor forever. Nothing I can do to change it." Or, "I've had so many failed relationships I will never find love. Its useless to try." These stories will unfortunately bring more of the same.

We are God. You are God. Its been right under our noses the whole time.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:02 PM

63,934 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:

Whose reality are you talking about? Mine, yours, someone else's? Is reality intelligent? Can't answer that. Don't know what reality you're referring to. What is reality?

We are all Gods or Goddesses if you prefer because we share in that which is attributed to God. God creates, we create. (which is where imagination got involved). God heals, we heal. We can only do what we can envision. If we want a better world we have to vision a better world. This power of creation is ours. It is not exclusive to some being in the sky. You are God. He/She is not out there someplace that if we can just find it by science or some other means we will have found It. No. It is not separate from us.

The stories about Gods are to inspire us to realize our I AM power to create. Where does it begin? By seeing it in our imagination. By believing it is possible even if others say it isn't. I don't know who the first person was that thought, "hey we should live on Mars." But that may become a reality one day. More and more people now see its possibility.

What is God is yours. God isn't somewhere up in the sky or out there anywhere. God is within. What God can do we can do and we do to the extent that we believe it and visualize it. Crossing oceans didn't seem possible till it was.

Regarding tales we make... we are a storytelling people. We tell ourselves stories to educate, inform, entertain, inspire and so forth. We learn by story. We live by the stories we tell ourselves... as an example, "I was born poor and never given opportunities, I am destined to be poor forever. Nothing I can do to change it." Or, "I've had so many failed relationships I will never find love. It's useless to try." These stories will, unfortunately, bring more of the same.

It would take too much time to show where and why I agree with you, but you are essentially correct. We reproduce God's consciousness, however imperfectly or destructively.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Whose reality are you talking about? Mine, yours, someone elses? Is reality intelligent? Can't answer that. Don't know what reality you're referring to. What is reality?

What is God is yours. God isn't somewhere up in the sky or out there anywhere. God is within. What God can do we can do and we do do to the extent that we believe it and visualize it. Crossing oceans didn't seem possible till it was.

Regarding tales we make... we are a story telling people. We tell ourselves stories to educate, inform, entertain, inspire and so forth. We learn by story. We live by the stories we tell ourselves... as an example, "I was born poor and never given opportunities, I am destined to be poor forever. Nothing I can do to change it." Or, "I've had so many failed relationships I will never find love. Its useless to try." These stories will unfortunately bring more of the same.

Yes, but we call it reality (where it relates to what actually exists, no matter what we think) and imagination, where it relates to what we think. 'Humanism' where it relates to social or ethical matters. No 'God' label needed.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:59 AM

3,236 posts, read 1,615,673 times
Quote:
Yes, but we call it reality (where it relates to what actually exists, no matter what we think) and imagination, where it relates to what we think. 'Humanism' where it relates to social or ethical matters. No 'God' label needed.
How about The Source? Other names could be the Unmoved Mover, the Uncaused Cause, the Necessary Being...

Old 08-10-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:

Where do dream worlds fit into your definition of reality?

Old 08-10-2019, 05:22 AM

611 posts, read 281,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Some physicists have noted that St. Augustine of Hippo's (A.D. 354 - 430) idea of creation was very similar to the Big Bang theory.

Religions people (almost everybody was at that time) wondered (and some still do) what God did before he created the Universe – for instance since it was thought that he had existed forever, didn't he get bored with nothing to do?

Augustine said that the universe was created in an instant, and not in time, but with time. In other words, just as in the Big Bang, there was no time before creation – time began when the Universe began.

This confounded people, just as the Big Bang theory does today.

St Augustine was extremely intelligent. Had he been born in our time, he might have been a scientist rather than a bishop and a theologian.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Where did God come from? The spirit of God, consciousness, moved upon the face of the waters. And on the second day God separated, or divided stuff from the waters to dry, and formed the earth. God does not claim he created the waters or the stuff from the waters that he dried.

Is water the source of life? Is water the source of consciousness?

Where did God come from? Where did the water come from? Where did the stuff come from? In this story our universe before the "Expansion of the waters beneath and above the earth and beyond the firmament, atmosphere of our solar system," would be our big bang here.

I think all life began and exists in or with these waters. So God began in, of, or with the waters which God/consciousness began dividing and separating stuff to "Dry" from in the waters...moving and stirring the waters and dry static stuff around...when God said: "Let there be light," was it a subtle hue, or a lightening strike?

The first sentence claims God created the heaven and the earth, not that God created the heaven and the earth out of nothing. At that time it appears, in this story, God existed in a place with the water and stuff that he used to create the heaven and the earth...and our expanding Universe.

Where did water come from? Where did we come from? We came from the Universe, we exist in the Universe, we return to the Universe; we are the Universe Looking back at itself.

The purpose of the Universe is so that you may exist; and that you might could live forever.

Where did God come from? God existed in, of, or with the water; which existed before the "Big Expansion"
began according to Genesis.

And modern day claim is Dark Energy comes from NOTHING? Something that doesn't exist. How dumb is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality