Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 03:04 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Lmao. Oh my! There's some nice young guys two by two hands of blue gonna come help you into a big wagon with pretty red n blue lights. Just hang in there for a few man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 12:01 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes...but I don't know who the hell that is holding me!!
LOL, you are my favorite savant.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:18 AM

3 posts, read 2,068 times
God is LIVING TIME--specifically, LIVING SPACETIME--the literal fabric of the universe. Jesus confirms this when he says, "I am the Beginning and the End", which I interpret to mean "I am [literally] the Beginning--the LIVING PAST--and the End--the LIVING FUTURE. That is who and what I actually AM " Jesus also said, "Before Abraham was, I AM", where Jesus was not only claiming to be the great I AM, but was also claiming that THE PAST STILL EXISTS and that GOD is STILL ALIVE IN THE PAST, and (by implication) ALREADY ALIVE IN THE FUTURE.

Only something inanimate that is already naturally eternal with no beginning (like eternal time) that somehow becomes alive can explain the origin of a living God who is likewise naturally eternal with no beginning.

Likewise, only something inanimate that consists of three inseparable parts that is already naturally eternal with no beginning (like eternal time--the inanimate past, present and future) that somehow becomes alive can explain the origin of a living Trinity--the LIVING PAST (the Father), the LIVING PRESENT (Jehovah/Jesus) and the LIVING FUTURE (the Holy Spirit) who are likewise naturally eternal with no beginning. If Siamese triplets were ever to survive, this would be three inseparable living beings existing within one human body. Likewise, the Trinity are three living beings existing within one body of LIVING SPACETIME.

See https://youtu.be/ApYOxD3EIkg and visit uniquebibleanswers.com

Old 05-26-2017, 12:43 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknightpoet View Post
God is LIVING TIME--specifically, LIVING SPACETIME--the literal fabric of the universe. Jesus confirms this when he says, "I am the Beginning and the End", which I interpret to mean "I am [literally] the Beginning--the LIVING PAST--and the End--the LIVING FUTURE. ....
So the bible actually tells us there was a beginning and will be an end?

Old 05-26-2017, 12:46 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
Quote:
Only something inanimate that is already naturally eternal with no beginning (like eternal time) that somehow becomes alive can explain the origin of a living God who is likewise naturally eternal with no beginning.
*yawn* Special Pleading fallacy. As per usual.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:51 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
From the time I was little, I would lie awake at night and wonder, Where did God come from? He must have been "born" somehow. From what?

When I asked my mother, "When was God born?" she said, "God has always existed, so God was never born." (Thanks, Mom. I'll send you my therapist bill.)

He had to come from somewhere/something. Right? So...from where? Or what? And what was "there" before God came into being? Was there just...nothing? And how could anything come from nothing? (In fact, it was the "universe--something from nothing" thread that made me think to ask this question.)

I'm not any mainstream religion but I do believe in God. I'm curious what others of any religion or philosophy believe on this.
I have had the same problem with this question of beginnings my entire life. I was told as a child that the universe is too complex to simply "just exist." It must therefore have been created by an intelligent Being. Well, where did this intelligent Being come from? He just exists! Which answers nothing. And if an intelligent Being can "just exist," why couldn't the universe "just exist?" We can clearly see that the universe DOES EXIST. Because we are a part of it. God on the other hand cannot be seen at all. In fact God has every aspect of being something which has been entirely imagined. So who is there to explain why the universe cannot simply "just exist," but MUST be the result of a creator Being who "just exists?" Does this conform to what can be observed to be true?

Old 06-26-2017, 12:08 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
God came from the "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" fallacy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post...go_propter_hoc

"I prayed for X, then X happened...praise God!"

Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 2,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
From the time I was little, I would lie awake at night and wonder, Where did God come from? He must have been "born" somehow. From what?

When I asked my mother, "When was God born?" she said, "God has always existed, so God was never born." (Thanks, Mom. I'll send you my therapist bill.)

He had to come from somewhere/something. Right? So...from where? Or what? And what was "there" before God came into being? Was there just...nothing? And how could anything come from nothing? (In fact, it was the "universe--something from nothing" thread that made me think to ask this question.)

I'm not any mainstream religion but I do believe in God. I'm curious what others of any religion or philosophy believe on this.
I'm convinced that the origin of all gods are traced back to human imagination.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
God is LIVING TIME--specifically, LIVING SPACETIME--the literal fabric of the universe. Jesus confirms this when he says, "I am the Beginning and the End", which I interpret to mean "I am [literally] the Beginning--the LIVING PAST--and the End--the LIVING FUTURE. That is who and what I actually AM " Jesus also said, "Before Abraham was, I AM", where Jesus was not only claiming to be the great I AM, but was also claiming that THE PAST STILL EXISTS and that GOD is STILL ALIVE IN THE PAST, and (by implication) ALREADY ALIVE IN THE FUTURE.

Likewise, only something inanimate that consists of three inseparable parts that is already naturally eternal with no beginning (like eternal time--the inanimate past, present and future) that somehow becomes alive can explain the origin of a living Trinity--the LIVING PAST (the Father), the LIVING PRESENT (Jehovah/Jesus) and the LIVING FUTURE (the Holy Spirit) who are likewise naturally eternal with no beginning. If Siamese triplets were ever to survive, this would be three inseparable living beings existing within one human body. Likewise, the Trinity are three living beings existing within one body of LIVING SPACETIME.

See https://youtu.be/ApYOxD3EIkg and visit uniquebibleanswers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
*yawn* Special Pleading fallacy. As per usual.
Well, yes. Essentially, A Faith claim, the Creator didn't need to come from anywhere, backed up with a lot of vaguely Christian theological ideas (God comes in three-packs, Jesus is actually God) backed up with Biblequotes, shouted in Block Caps as though shouting made it more than claims without substance.

Sure, we all know hat an eternal God who was there all the time is a handy way o guillotine the problem of cosmic origins. Bu he problem for me is that I can't buy the idea of a complex thinking being without any material substance, mark you, that needed no origin. I takes no Faith to say "I really don't know how the cosmos got started" but I don't have enough blinkered faith to believe the eternal god-claim.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Where did God come from??? Perfect!

THIS is exactly what I talk about...our little pea brains can not
even imagine what it really looks like to sit in a row boat 100 miles from shore and
have a complete picture of the water all around and under you....the weight of it, the depth, of it....the immensity ..try it, you can't.

And it just shows how on earth can you really say you know much of anything with
a brain that can't even imagine 'God'...

Ah, 3rd dimension, dualistic thinking just does not take you very far on the quest of Self-realization or the Absolute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality