Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 03:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

'He didn't want Robots, so he gave us free will" The times I've heard this, and I suspect that this is in the JW 'Handbook of apologetics'.

We are getting doorstoop evangelism in posted form here. I won't post a long exposition, but Theramin trees (Aka Qualiasoup) did a very good story of his discussion over a few weeks with a JW (who brought in a Big Gun when she ran into problems (1) and eventually brought out The JW apologetics handbook.

(1) This happened with me, too. I had Three discussions, one with a fellow who wanted to preach and not listen, a couple of Totally Charming girls who Would go into blank -faced spiel -recitation mode, and a JW who brought in a Big Gun who, interestingly was the only one who Listened. One of my Medals is seeing him sit there looking thoughtful "I've never heard these ideas before." The last JW a month or so ago (I never let them come in, now) I made sure to point out that Her Mentors had been telling her lies. But she was a preacher, not a listener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 04:03 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Then how do your scholars get by the facts of reality????
From Moses on up until this very day, in every synagogue and temple, TAUGHT, SERVED and WORSHIPPED-YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God---- Taught to every NT bible writer and Jesus his first 30 years--not ever refuted by one of them, but taught that God--I would say the #1 teaching in the NT is---Jesus has a God-his Father--Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12) Paul-2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 15:24-28< 1Cor 8:6)-- Peter-1Peter 1:3)--John Rev 1:6--plus a few other spots. Errors in every trinity translation on earth teaches 2 different gods. causing a mass of confusion(34,000 trinity based religions( Mark 3:24-26)
What facts of reality? the consensus among historians is that the OT events did not happen, and that Moses never even existed. There is also archaeological evidence that some of the first Jewish people worshiped your god and his wife, Asherah. And that the people in the OT did not invade Canaanite lands, they were Canaanite who developed a new religion.

And not only have you ignored what I wrote, you have simply repeated your excuse of a mistranslation. Yet you only get mistranslations when you convert one language to another. You can not mistranslate one language on its own. And I gave you the original Greek, and explained using grammar what it literally means, that Jesus accused the Jews of worshiping the OT god who was a liar, and the father of Satan Which means the father god in the gospel of John must be a different god.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
'He didn't want Robots, so he gave us free will" The times I've heard this, and I suspect that this is in the JW 'Handbook of apologetics'.

We are getting doorstoop evangelism in posted form here. I won't post a long exposition, but Theramin trees (Aka Qualiasoup) did a very good story of his discussion over a few weeks with a JW (who brought in a Big Gun when she ran into problems (1) and eventually brought out The JW apologetics handbook.

(1) This happened with me, too. I had Three discussions, one with a fellow who wanted to preach and not listen, a couple of Totally Charming girls who Would go into blank -faced spiel -recitation mode, and a JW who brought in a Big Gun who, interestingly was the only one who Listened. One of my Medals is seeing him sit there looking thoughtful "I've never heard these ideas before." The last JW a month or so ago (I never let them come in, now) I made sure to point out that Her Mentors had been telling her lies. But she was a preacher, not a listener.
My friend tells a similar story. He is English but living here in Germany, so he first tried not understanding German. When they switched to English and said they wanted to talk to him about their god, he came out and said he was an atheist. This seemed to confuse them as they then asked what my friend thought about their gods plans for the earth.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
My friend tells a similar story. He is English but living here in Germany, so he first tried not understanding German. When they switched to English and said they wanted to talk to him about their god, he came out and said he was an atheist. This seemed to confuse them as they then asked what my friend thought about their gods plans for the earth.
A bit surprising that their Rotelearned Spiel did not include 'What to say if they don't believe in God?'

Btw, I gather that the Hebrews are an Amorite tribe who lived on the outskirts of Canaan (they of course never came out of Egypt) and only occupied territory in Canaan after the "Sea Peoples" had pretty much smashed Canaanite culture. There are some Questions about this view of course.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:27 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What facts of reality? the consensus among historians is that the OT events did not happen, and that Moses never even existed. There is also archaeological evidence that some of the first Jewish people worshiped your god and his wife, Asherah. And that the people in the OT did not invade Canaanite lands, they were Canaanite who developed a new religion.

And not only have you ignored what I wrote, you have simply repeated your excuse of a mistranslation. Yet you only get mistranslations when you convert one language to another. You can not mistranslate one language on its own. And I gave you the original Greek, and explained using grammar what it literally means, that Jesus accused the Jews of worshiping the OT god who was a liar, and the father of Satan Which means the father god in the gospel of John must be a different god.

Your original greek was done by Catholicism translating--do you understand that sad reality? Your twistings are better than most. Archeologists have proven many OT writings= FACT. Todays scientists cannot prove crap.
Jesus never accused the Israelites of what you stated. YHWH = OT, NT God= Jesus Father. Jesus will show the whole world Gods war image at Har-mageddon--They will not like it. 99% will fall.
You mean historians who believe Catholicism translating= filled with ERRORS to mislead.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Your original greek was done by Catholicism translating--do you understand that sad reality?
They translated the original Koine Greek into Koine Greek? How on earth does that work? And how do you translate something INTO its original language?

OK, now I get it. What you call 'sad reality' is really you just inventing stupid excuses.

Quote:
Your twistings are better than most.
By telling you what the original text ACTUALLY says? My grand parents were all Greek, as was my mother. And I was raised with both German AND Greek as my mother tongue. And being ex Greek Orthodox, our Bible readings were done in the original Koine Greek.

So I would stop with the accusations of dishonesty if I was you, especially as I explained the rule of grammar to you because you do NOT know how to read Koine Greek.

Quote:
Archeologists have proven many OT writings= FACT.
Fiction.

Quote:
Todays scientists cannot prove crap.
More fiction. And if you go to the doctors, hypocrisy as well.

Quote:
Jesus never accused the Israelites of what you stated. YHWH = OT, NT God= Jesus Father. Jesus will show the whole world Gods war image at Har-mageddon--They will not like it. 99% will fall.
You mean historians who believe Catholicism translating= filled with ERRORS to mislead.
No. I mean what the original language actually says. - ὑμεῖς ἐκ τοῦ πατρὸς τοῦ διαβόλου ἐστὲ

You of the father (genitive) the devil (genitive) are, where the genitive means belonging to (of in English). So "you (the Jews) are of the father of the devil".

That is literally what your Bible says (except those deliberately mistranslated into English). and that is why Catholics have been forbidden for 150 years to discuss the Gnostic nature of the gospel of John.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Your original greek was done by Catholicism translating--do you understand that sad reality? Your twistings are better than most. Archeologists have proven many OT writings= FACT. Todays scientists cannot prove crap.
Terrible apologetics, old son (or madam). Today's translations will be as accurate as possible, and there are various translation which can be compared. In fact, they are good enough that i can use KJV as much as anoy other translation because translation - shopping isn't needed.

Archaeologists have proven more doubts about the OT than verifications. There was a Jericho, but the walls didn't fall to the sound of a trumpet. There was a Tyre and a Babylon, but they didn't become ruined and deserted as the prophecies saud.

There was a even aa Assyrian siege of Jerusalem - but God didn't strike the Assyrians. Hezekiah submitted and paid tribute. The nativity stories are not to be trusted, the Flood and Noah's Ark is surely a myth, and based on the stories found in Mesopotamia by Archaeologists. And archaeology rather shows that the exodus did not take place and the 'conquest' was more an occupation of Amorite hill tribes after a cultural collapse in the 11th century. Even the buildings ascribes to David and Solomon by Bible -believing archaeologists are thought to have been the work of Omri.

But of course 'today's scientists' don't count with you - only those who made claims back in the day: the found Babylon - so everything the Bible says is True! The fact is that science find out new information and changes what it knows; religion refuses to do so.

The rest of your post is nonsense, so I'm not going to address it.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Archeologists have proven many OT writings= FACT.
...and archaeologists have proven the bible to be wrong...but I suppose you'll ignore that. For you, archaeology is only any good when it supports the Bible. When it disproves the Bible then you dismiss it...right?

Old 06-05-2018, 12:38 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and archaeologists have proven the bible to be wrong...but I suppose you'll ignore that. For you, archaeology is only any good when it supports the Bible. When it disproves the Bible then you dismiss it...right?

Where as Mortals use of science and math can cause good things, in their processes have destroyed much--Sometimes they are right, sometimes they err. Man cannot disprove the bible, they can only assume with 0 facts.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:47 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Where as Mortals use of science and math can cause good things, in their processes have destroyed much--Sometimes they are right, sometimes they err. Man cannot disprove the bible, they can only assume with 0 facts.
It's equally true that man cannot prove most of the bible. Therefore, the wisest course of action is to treat it as fiction with some wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality