Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 06:15 PM

919 posts, read 609,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What a bigoted remark. The teaching of Christianity does not scar anyone.
Not true. My indoctrination caused me much grief & fear until I worked out that Christianity was designed as a Doctrine of Fear to entrap impressionable minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 06:22 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Not true. My indoctrination caused me much grief & fear until I worked out that Christianity was designed as a Doctrine of Fear to entrap impressionable minds.
Mine too.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Weird folk? Take a look in mirror. What has the above statement to do with Vacation Bible school??? And who are yellow people? Asians would be so offended by that statement! Gads you must be over 80!
I suggest you look up the lyrics to the song "Jesus Loves the Little Children"

Yes very weird song full of lies.

Yep this is where you will find the term "yellow". Go take it up with the person who wrote that song.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:31 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
One of the weirdest christian songs I ever heard -- and it just shows the lies they will go to -- is "Some Children See Him" (https://genius.com/James-taylor-some...see-him-lyrics), which essentially says that Jesus is fiction. Some children see him as lily white? Some children see him as "almond eyed" (I guess meaning Asian)? Some children see him as "bronzed" and "brown"? If Jesus was a man who walked the earth, then he was not someone whose ethnicity changed. Was he a chameleon?
I think all the children christian songs are weird.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I think all the children christian songs are weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCVve5pxf0A

Obey, obey, obey

Old 07-18-2018, 06:46 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I pray your grandchildren are able to rationalize this indoctrination and come through it with minimal scarring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is a very weird thread but what's the harm in having little kids hear "Jesus loves me this I know, 'cause the Bible tells me so" and "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine". ????

Honestly, CD can be the weirdest place to hang out, EVER.
Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't lead them to any particular religion...or I'd lead them to every reasonable religion (subjective term, I know). Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Atheism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm not big on indoctrinating kids who are too young to figure these things for themselves.
Quote:
It's sickening to see people thinking that indoctrinating young children as "total freedom". This is a crime against the youth. Despicable indeed!
Quote:
Sure and what do you tell the child who see's discrimination against black, yellow or brown children? I wonder what the child that's forced into sex trafficking thinks of these lyrics? Or the child who's being tortured to death at the hands of their own parents?

Crazy non-sense religious lies is what they will most likely come to realize.

People who support indoctrination are certainly some of the weirdest folks I can't even fathom relating to.
""...........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Who told you how to raise your grand kids? I stated your statement was in error (IMO) and Trout said indoctrination. What's with all the drama? How about a mosque, synagogue or temple?
Your right. no one has told me how to raise my grand kids. I will say I got tired of multiquoting after page three.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:02 PM

919 posts, read 609,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You know very well you can't prove there is no evidence proving there is no hell.
The entire Christian premise of Hell defies logic & commonsense. According to Christian doctrine it goes something like this; God is a God of love. We are his 'children' that he loves very much. BUT if one refuses to believe in a superstitious doctrine that defies credulity, then this God of love will send that child to a lake of fire, that he created, for eternal suffering at the hands of his once 'greatest creation', aka the Devil. Now doesn't that sound really silly?
The Catholic Popes can't even agree whether there's a physical Hell or not.

When I was 10-11yo my father gave a sermon on Hell. After the service I accidentally bumped into a bloke who turned up every Sunday wearing his cheap suit & insincere smile. His sneering reaction shocked me.
This got me thinking. When we got home I asked my father if this grub was going to Heaven "Off course he is" came the reply "he believes in the Lord." This led to me ask what happens to the decent Hindus, Atheists, Buddhists & the billions of people who'd never even heard of Jesus. My father couldn't give me a logical answer. In fact he couldn't answer me. He became extremely angry & gave me a thorough flogging for "Attempting to undermine the faith of a believer."
This experience taught me two things. 1; Never ask a Christian (especially not my father in particular) to explain ludicrous doctrine. 2: 'God' is a mentally ill a'hole.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Your right. no one has told me how to raise my grand kids. I will say I got tired of multiquoting after page three.
Everything you quoted was after post 9 when you first said it. It looks to me like you decided what you were going to be pissy about before anyone even said anything remotely like telling you what to do.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:17 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

Once again, what did you expect to happen when you posted this?

Old 07-18-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Once again, what did you expect to happen when you posted this?
I think you're on to something there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality