Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 05:37 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

speaking of breeding, god couldn't have given noah a mosquito net?

like the best one ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 09:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
That is incidental . . . has nothing to do with the design flaw question.
SURE it does..why be concerned with the idea they are able to conceive unless one wants to participate is sex with children and not fear pregnancy?

At what age are males experiencing their first erection?

How is this a design flaw?

Old 11-22-2018, 09:41 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Now apply that reasoning to your god.If a girl can become pregnant at 9 or 10 years of age, then so be it. What's the problem? It's all God's fault for leaving a tree in a stupid place, and allowing a naughty serpent to talk, and therefore young girls must ignore sexual desire for a few years because your god is inept.

OP, are you more satisfied with THAT response?
haha typical atheists respond of passing the buck.

“I was asked not to eat from the tree, but let’s eat it anyway and then blame it on the one who put the tree there”.

Nah my young friend - this is not how theology works.

Everyone is responsible for the choice they make with free will. Passing the buck won’t do it”.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:54 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Young girls can have babies once they start menstruating, which is starting earlier and earlier.

I am wondering if teen pregnancy is "wrong," then is "God" also wrong for designing young girls to be able to conceive at young ages?

Please do not quote scripture, but think about this question, and give a thoughtful response as to why a human being would be designed in a way that would then be frowned upon and difficult to interfere with (as in birth control, abortion, etc.).

It seems like a simple design flaw. If women are not "supposed" to give birth until age 20 say (just picked an arbitrary number), then why would "God" design them capable of having babies at age 10 through teens when they are unable to support themselves, act independently, or have the maturity to parent a child?

IMO, there is a fundamental flaw in your question and you simply shoot yourself in the foot when you try to judge God in an attempt to find a flaw in his design.

Before I answer the question according my own understanding - you and I, agree that we do not know EVERYTHING and we do not understand EVERYTHING!

Agreed?
If yes, lets move forward.

So in you OP question, you are assuming that there is a God who designed the life cycle of females and there seems to be a flaw in that design.

OK, lets stop right here for a second.

If you assume that there is a God and he is the designer THEN you must also assume that the entire universe and everything in it also designed by the same God.

So if this God, who is smart, intelligent and resourceful enough that he can design and create the entire universe THAN this God's intelligence must be higher than us humans. This God may do things that we simply may or may not understand due to our limited intelligence as compare to him.

I think it will only be fair that you step up and try to design and create a functional wing of a mosquito before questioning the designer and creator of the universe?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

“I was asked not to eat from the tree, but let’s eat it anyway and then blame it on the one who put the tree there”.

Everyone is responsible for the choice they make with free will. Passing the buck won’t do it”.
The way believers of the Bible work, is there is free will, if you choose good the credit is all God's, you choose bad it is all man's and if don't know which is good or bad the same rule applies.

Returning to one of your earlier posts, the age of consent in the various states have changed over the years and is still inconsistent through your country. The is little driving force to drive evolution to make it so that the age for the ability to conceive goes up or down depending on man made laws. How could evolution work to make it so a girl could not become pregnant until she was 16 in Montana or 17 in Texas or 18 in some other state. On top of that the girl could become pregnant under those ages it the father of her baby was less than 4 years older than her?

The age of consent is arbitrary not dependent on how evolution operates or what is written or not written in any Holy Books. Unless you can provide a quote from one of the Holy Books which states the age of being able to become pregnant various in different parts of the planet.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:26 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Typical dishonest misrepresentation. You provided only one side of the issue while ignoring the more ridiculous conclusion your beliefs lead to. So I provided it.

Quote:

Typical Christian recorded response that makes absolutely no rational sense, because all the alternatives make your god look either stupid, evil or none existent.

If your god did not want people to eat of the tree, it was stupid of it to put the tree there, and create an evil, talking serpent.

If free will exists, your all knowing god does not exist, as the two are mutually exclusive.

If your god put the tree there knowing the possible outcomes, then he was aware of the evil he must then do to many of the descendents of Adam and Eve, eternal torture. Because turning Adam, Eve and the serpent to dust and starting again with a new pair wardens.

And if everyone is responsible for the choice they make with free will, why are people being punished for something their alleged ancestors did?

Your theology is just making up ridiculous excuses to avoid the many problems with the story when taken literally.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:28 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
IMO, there is a fundamental flaw in your question and you simply shoot yourself in the foot when you try to judge God in an attempt to find a flaw in his design.

Before I answer the question according my own understanding - you and I, agree that we do not know EVERYTHING and we do not understand EVERYTHING!

Agreed?

So in you OP question, you are assuming that there is a God who designed the life cycle of females and there seems to be a flaw in that design.

If you assume that there is a God and he is the designer THEN you must also assume that the entire universe and everything in it also designed by the same God.

So if this God, who is smart, intelligent and resourceful enough that he can design and create the entire universe THAN this God's intelligence must be higher than us humans. This God may do things that we simply may or may not understand due to our limited intelligence as compare to him.

I think it will only be fair that you step up and try to design and create a functional wing of a mosquito before questioning the designer and creator of the universe?
Usual Christian response of 'God moves in mysterious ways so Christians can ignore answering questions Christians do not like'.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:42 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:

Agreed?

So teenage pregnancy, MS, cancer, dementia, homosexuality are all good because God designed them and we shouldn't question them? I wonder if creating vaccines for smallpox or polio were evil events of humans going against God's design. Are hospitals and science research and education pointless because your God is perfect and way smarter than us?

Are their any instructions in your Holy Books as to what is the minimum age for marrage? If not then perhaps God intended girls to get married very young and our age of consent laws are signs of our ignorance and or immorality in creating them?

Old 11-22-2018, 11:22 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:

god could have easily made it that a woman would conceive when SHE WANTED to conceive, right GoCard?

Isn't that the definition of FREE WILL?

Old 11-22-2018, 01:34 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
I agree with this, BUT you forgot that young girls cannot support themselves, so now what?
Right, they relied on a man to support them in those days.

Im not saying I think these things are OK or acceptable, Im just saying, maybe they are to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality