Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2018, 02:58 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times

Advertisements

If God were a "perfect" designer, what would this world be like? Perfect comfort and convenience at every moment for every human being?

Is it a little arrogant for human beings to criticize how this world evolved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 03:16 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,926,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao. all it proves is that if there is a god he/she/undecided understands more then we do. I have to laugh when humans insert human morals into universal laws.
Do vestigial organs prove that as well...or do they prove something else, like the fact that species evolve in imperfect fashion from a design standpoint?

Old 11-23-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
That, or speed up human development so that a 12 year-old would be emotionally and physically, and financially able to mother a child.
'Financially' is an entirely a social construct, obviously. A welfare program for young mothers of any age could easily be instituted, if the need and political will were there.

Your others points are valid. If I believed there were a god, I'd believe this to be a flaw in 'his' creation.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
If God were a "perfect" designer, what would this world be like? Perfect comfort and convenience at every moment for every human being?
...Yes? Basically what heaven is imagined to be by the religious, except actually existing.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Do vestigial organs prove that as well...or do they prove something else, like the fact that species evolve in imperfect fashion from a design standpoint?
to me its like claiming cells phones have a design flaw because we can't waterski on them.

I think the person trying to waterski using cell phones, as they are, might be the problem in allowing us to enjoy waterskiing to its fullest.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:55 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
...Yes? Basically what heaven is imagined to be by the religious, except actually existing.
I don't know if the religious think of heaven as perfect comfort and convenience. Maybe some do.

There was a Twilight Zone episode where a man's life was going perfectly, in every way. Anything he wanted to happen did happen. There were no problems and no mistakes.

By the end of the episode, he realized that he had died and gone to hell.

Twilight Zone was my favorite show, and that was one of the most insightful episodes.

So, no, I do not think heaven is perfect comfort and convenience. We have absolutely no idea what the afterlife might be like.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:01 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Then I fail to see what the selling point is other than Fear of Death. And if no one religion is handing out entry tickets, what do we need it for anyway? You see, by deleting the dishonest marketing ploys of religion so as to avoid increasing public awareness of bait and switch religious scamming, religion leaves itself with no selling -point.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:06 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

Is it a little arrogant for human beings to criticize how this world evolved?
Vegetarians, no natural disasters, no extremes of seasons (inexplicable to science so handy Evidence of a god ) no disease, limitation to human breeding linked to populace, less crazy emotions. a lot fewer dunderheads, oafs and asshats. Anyone could do better than this.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Then I fail to see what the selling point is other than Fear of Death. And if no one religion is handing out entry tickets, what do we need it for anyway? You see, by deleting the dishonest marketing ploys of religion so as to avoid increasing public awareness of bait and switch religious scamming, religion leaves itself with no selling -point.
personal opinions don't prove or disprove anything. lmao, selling point. again your own words prove that it isn't about how the universe works to help people. Its about selling points for atheism.

you do exactly what you accuse of them of doing. you avoid increasing public awareness to "to keep theist from using knowledge so that atheism is easy to sell."

lmao ... selling point. to friggen funny.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Vegetarians, no natural disasters, no extremes of seasons (inexplicable to science so handy Evidence of a god ) no disease, limitation to human breeding linked to populace, less crazy emotions. a lot fewer dunderheads, oafs and asshats. Anyone could do better than this.
even fundymental atheist trip over proper notions. More by accident than reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality