Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 02:18 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Young girls can have babies once they start menstruating, which is starting earlier and earlier.

I am wondering if teen pregnancy is "wrong," then is "God" also wrong for designing young girls to be able to conceive at young ages?

Please do not quote scripture, but think about this question, and give a thoughtful response as to why a human being would be designed in a way that would then be frowned upon and difficult to interfere with (as in birth control, abortion, etc.).

It seems like a simple design flaw. If women are not "supposed" to give birth until age 20 say (just picked an arbitrary number), then why would "God" design them capable of having babies at age 10 through teens when they are unable to support themselves, act independently, or have the maturity to parent a child?
Actually, there have been reported and verified cases of 5, 6, 7, and 8 year old girls (as well as older pre-teen ages) becoming pregnant. This phenomenon tends to be referred to as "precocious puberty". For instance, see the Wikipedia articles titled "Precocious Puberty" and "List of youngest birth mothers", respectively.

Now why would an all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful, morally pure and perfect supreme Creator allow such things to prevail? Either there is no God or, even if there is (in fact), a God, this so-called "God" is not absolutely all-wise/all-knowing and/or all-powerful and/or morally pure and perfect (i.e., not or not necessarily possessing ALL of these omni powers and quailities at the same time). For how would a supreme being who DOES possess ALL or even SOME of these qualities allow such things to be possible? Like it can be in any way, shape or form demed as "good" and "proper" for a 5- or 6-year old girl to bear children in the modern world (or even in the pre-modern world)???

Last edited by UsAll; 11-25-2018 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 04:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Actually, there have been reported and verified cases of 5, 6, 7, and 8 year old girls (as well as older pre-teen ages) becoming pregnant. This phenomenon tends to be referred to as "precocious puberty". For instance, see the Wikipedia articles titled "Precocious Puberty" and "List of youngest birth mothers", respectively.

Now why would an all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful, morally pure and perfect supreme Creator allow such things to prevail? Either there is no God or, even if there is (in fact), a God, this so-called "God" is not absolutely all-wise/all-knowing and/or all-powerful and/or morally pure and perfect (i.e., not or not necessarily possessing ALL of these omni powers and quailities at the same time). For how would a supreme being who DOES possess ALL or even SOME of these qualities allow such things to be possible? Like it can be in any way, shape or form demed as "good" and "proper" for a 5- or 6-year old girl to bear children in the modern world (or even in the pre-modern world)???
actually, the bible forgot a day. monday afternoon he made marsupials. Mistake fixed.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:42 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Young girls can have babies once they start menstruating, which is starting earlier and earlier.

I am wondering if teen pregnancy is "wrong," then is "God" also wrong for designing young girls to be able to conceive at young ages?

Please do not quote scripture, but think about this question, and give a thoughtful response as to why a human being would be designed in a way that would then be frowned upon and difficult to interfere with (as in birth control, abortion, etc.).

It seems like a simple design flaw. If women are not "supposed" to give birth until age 20 say (just picked an arbitrary number), then why would "God" design them capable of having babies at age 10 through teens when they are unable to support themselves, act independently, or have the maturity to parent a child?
God put a wall of separation so none of them could get pregnant. He also gave men ***** back when men used to breast feed.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:59 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
...***** back when men used to breast feed.
Men used to breast feed? Do tell.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Men used to breast feed? Do tell.
Just saying lol, must be a reason, I assume that in the beginning, there was no women, back when men were perfect. Adam named everything in life, and then he tilled the garden so long that God looked down and said it wasn't good for man not to have a helper, but naming everything alive would have taken decades, and everyone knows you can't harvest in a 24 hour period, and so those 6 days could be days lasting 10,000 years, that is when mankind was perfect before woman was created..............Woe man, lol, is that how we break down the word?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Just saying lol, must be a reason, I assume that in the beginning, there was no women, back when men were perfect. Adam named everything in life, and then he tilled the garden so long that God looked down and said it wasn't good for man not to have a helper, but naming everything alive would have taken decades, and everyone knows you can't harvest in a 24 hour period, and so those 6 days could be days lasting 10,000 years, that is when mankind was perfect before woman was created..............Woe man, lol, is that how we break down the word?
And yet, she was created out of a part of the man...or so the story goes.

Bronze Age peoples never did seem to think things through in their urgency to create dominance and subjugate segments of their own society.

That's okay. We think now. Well, at least some of us. Obviously.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And yet, she was created out of a part of the man...or so the story goes.

Bronze Age peoples never did seem to think things through in their urgency to create dominance and subjugate segments of their own society.

That's okay. We think now. Well, at least some of us. Obviously.
I hope nobody takes me serious, this thread sounds strange to me, strange question that I can't serious.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
I hope nobody takes me serious, this thread sounds strange to me, strange question that I can't serious.
So this was spoofing all the time ? That's the longest joke, ever.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Quote:

Whether you were joking/spoofing or not (as you stated), this is being posted her by myself for the edification of all others who may chance to read it:

A SIMPLIFIED (LAYPERSON'S) SUMMARIZATION OF HUMAN ORIGINS PER GENDER:

Actually, from the beginning of biological conception (from the time that the sperm of the male meets the egg of the female), all "humans-in-the-making" start out from a common genetic template which is FEMALE (all of us). That is, we all start out with YY chromosomes and are hence properly classfied as "female". Then, through a process of random (unpredictable) mutation of those YY chromosomes that sometimes occurs in some conception scenarios and sometimes doesn't, some of those YY chromosomes (being female) mutate and become XY chromosomes (i.e., becoming male).

IN SUMMARY: So ALL homo sapiens started out, at the point of conception, as FEMALE. All of us. And some remain female, while others mutute and become male. In summary: The biblical narrative on our origins (i.e., Genesis) is simply false through-and-through (scientifically-speaking). It has NO valid correspondence with provable scientific fact. Period.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:02 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Just saying lol, must be a reason, I assume that in the beginning, there was no women, back when men were perfect
So what do you think happened here?

God created Adam with fully formed genitalia that needed a woman's vagina - but hell with it, Adam is perfect all by himself, so not only can he breast feed, he can get himself pregnant, too! Ergo, God didn't bother creating a woman until he needed a scapegoat to pin all of the sin upon?

Or was he born with no genitalia until God, as an afterthought, created Eve? And then suddenly Adam grew a penis?

God: "And I've decided to create a helper for you, Adam ... oh, and you'll be needing that. And these, too. But you won't be needing that foreskin! Chop it off. NOW!"

Quote:
Adam named everything in life, and then he tilled the garden so long that God looked down and said it wasn't good for man not to have a helper,
I just "love" how women are described as "helpers." As if a woman's sole purpose in life is to run around after the man cleaning his messes, cooking his meals, and helping him do whatever he wants - because women don't have minds of their own, their own dreams, goals, desires, ambitions, etc.

This kind of thing is so typical in religion.

Quote:
but naming everything alive would have taken decades, and everyone knows you can't harvest in a 24 hour period, and so those 6 days could be days lasting 10,000 years, that is when mankind was perfect before woman was created..............Woe man, lol, is that how we break down the word?
I sure hope not.

I don't know what your beliefs are, per se.

But I find it funny how quick some people are to pin the so-called "Fall of Man" on Eve when she was perfectly innocent.

After all, if you read the Bible closely, you'll notice that God gave the warning not to eat of the forbidden fruit ONLY to Adam.

Eve hadn't been created yet.

Which means Eve could not have known about anything being forbidden. Plus she had a serpent in there goading her on to do something she thought was perfectly acceptable.

This is born out by the fact that God did nothing whatsoever when Eve ate the fruit. God didn't actually get angry until Adam ate it. Which seems to suggest that even God didn't hold Eve accountable - and yet this incorrect assumption that it was all Eve's fault still persists. People need to pay more attention to the "little" things in the Bible. The details. Quite often when you look at the more trivial aspects of the Bible, it can change your entire reading of a story.

This is true of the story of Abraham and Isaac, the story of Job, the story of Lot, the story of Noah, and loads more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality