Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 05:38 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Skeptic View Post
I was just watching the evening news and there were two stories of professional football players assaulting women, in two completely separate incidents. They showed pictures of these men, both black with dreadlocks.

Thus using the same level of ignorance as linking suicide to being atheist, then it must be true that black men with dreadlocks abuse women.
That's why blanket statements are ignorant and/or lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 06:08 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. I too lost a loved one to suicide - my son in January 2014.

I became very interested in NDE's.

My husband killed himself in April 2016. I lost every single thing a human being can lose. And starting over in your late 50s ain't easy. Emotionally and spiritually, I was circling the drain until about three months ago (September 2018), and during a minor surgery, I bled out and died. I was clinically dead for more than 10 minutes. I don't like the term NDE because it sounds like we were "near death." Nope. I was gone, chief.

When I came back to this world, I realized that I felt like God Himself had hit the reset button. That experience changed me, and lifted the heavy burden of grief and sorrow from my soul.

My life gets better and better every day. So many wonderful things are happening. I have been released from that crippling emotional pain, sadness, guilt, regret and more.

And after I came back, I found that several long-term physical problems are gone, such as arthritic joints, chronic back pain and poor hearing. I have truly been restored. Honestly, the physical is the least of it. I have been freed by the grace of God.

Last edited by RosemaryT; 12-01-2018 at 06:23 AM..

Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
An alarming trend was revealed yesterday. Despite medical advances and lower deaths by heart disease and cancer, the US life expectancy dropped after years and years of going up. Suicide is a big part of the problem, and the suicide rate has now hit a 50 year high.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/us-s...xpectancy.html

This is the world atheism and secularism as created. More division, more hopeless, more conflict, less tolerance and less empathy. People have bought into the lie that there is no God, and no purpose to live. We are merely souless flesh and bone here to consume resources then die and rot. The vast majority of us will be completely forgotten from the next generations that get their turn at living.

And the research has shown a direct link between atheism and suicide.

https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi...jp.161.12.2303

That's the bed you made, so now you can get to lie in it. It is just sad that atheists dedicate so much time out of the few short decades we get in life into tearing down an institution that gives hope and healing to the masses.

What happened, Jeff? Something has made you a bit bitter. Did your relationship sour? Is this the type of speech Jesus would have given? You made your bed? Really?

How would you comfort someone who lost a loved one through suicide? Would you tell that person they made their bed?

You belong to an institution that gives hope? What hope are you giving to those contemplating suicide?

This is the worst thing you have ever posted and it is shameful.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Your original question asked how many daughters Adam had. Remember?
And then Adam was having children with Lilith?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And then Adam was having children with Lilith?
You tell me.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:04 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You tell me.
who is lilith?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
who is lilith?
So your paradigm is based on the KJV?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
My husband killed himself in April 2016. I lost every single thing a human being can lose. And starting over in your late 50s ain't easy. Emotionally and spiritually, I was circling the drain until about three months ago (September 2018), and during a minor surgery, I bled out and died. I was clinically dead for more than 10 minutes. I don't like the term NDE because it sounds like we were "near death." Nope. I was gone, chief.

When I came back to this world, I realized that I felt like God Himself had hit the reset button. That experience changed me, and lifted the heavy burden of grief and sorrow from my soul.

My life gets better and better every day. So many wonderful things are happening. I have been released from that crippling emotional pain, sadness, guilt, regret and more.

And after I came back, I found that several long-term physical problems are gone, such as arthritic joints, chronic back pain and poor hearing. I have truly been restored. Honestly, the physical is the least of it. I have been freed by the grace of God.
Glad for your rebound, Rosenary but it's pretty clear God plays favorites because He does this for you and ignores thousands of others who don't get that kind of supernatural help. So Paul's "God is no respecter of persons" is hogwash.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Glad for your rebound, Rosenary but it's pretty clear God plays favorites because He does this for you and ignores thousands of others who don't get that kind of supernatural help. So Paul's "God is no respecter of persons" is hogwash.

I don't have an answer for that. I know that I'm pretty busy "working out my own salvation" and am unable to sort out the spiritual intricacies and nuances of other people's lives.

Conversely, I would also say that many people go through life without enduring the multiple horrors and tragedies that I have experienced, and then - at age 59 - end up dying a not-so-pleasant death (40% blood loss) and then coming back to this plane.

My last 20 years are going to be a blast, but the previous 59 have been quite hard.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:59 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I don't have an answer for that. I know that I'm pretty busy "working out my own salvation" and am unable to sort out the spiritual intricacies and nuances of other people's lives.

Conversely, I would also say that many people go through life without enduring the multiple horrors and tragedies that I have experienced, and then - at age 59 - end up dying a not-so-pleasant death (40% blood loss) and then coming back to this plane.

My last 20 years are going to be a blast, but the previous 59 have been quite hard.
I'd have to say that the answer is that you are one who listened to the "wake up call."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality