Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times

Advertisements

Personally I keep my lucky four leaf clover in my wallet. Magical powers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 10:51 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sounds like I struck a nerve. Any claims that I'm being hysterical or humorous is really just a mask for bitterness and unwillingness to accept the truth. You say nothing here to counter my points.

It is a perfectly valid question to ask why would you invest any time of your life arguing against Christianity. I used to have a small degree of respect for your replies since they were mostly void of direct personal attacks, but all I see is the typical arrogant tones in your commentary. So typical that I can't tell posters apart.
Ah yes, you people always have the 'well I sure rattled your bars' card to play when they have nothing else. Out of the same bag of lawyer -tricks as '"Well, you wrote so much in response to my my two line post that you must be overcompensating for being wrong".

We've seen it before. But the fact is Jeff that anyone reading your remarks about an Invasion and ..what was it...poisoning? Your schools with mere verified knowledge instead of One particular Holy Book who does not see that hysterical and unbalances - has to be someone who thinks like you.

You then go on to exhibit that remarkably consistent Theist phenomenon - 'Selective memory' or more often 'Not Listening'. I don't know how many times we have explaine exactly why we do what we do, but - you never, listen.

Not last, but least is the 'You are so Wude' tactic. It is the most familiar tactic and last resort of those trying to keep up an arguments when they have got nothing left.

I don't mind at all. You are worth two divisions to us. and the More Reasonable theists and even Christians, can see exactly what we are fighting against and will likely see that it is in their Own interests -and those of the their kids that they want to see get a proper education - to help us in that fight.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:00 AM

duplicate post there somehow.

However, I had a look at the Wommack -Charis thing. It looks to me like he is probably sincere rather than one of those frauds and scammers. He really believes the stuff that he preaches. And it is not run as a business but as a charity, and they need money of course. I suppose that whether the donations are solicited or sold like Indulgencies could be looked at together with Jeff's miracle -healings. It's easy to swear that it was confirmed by doctors and laboratories..but then Jeff, we know that science can't be trusted and they can't even agree whether eggs are good for you or not, so why should we trust them on this?

It's always a hoot when True believers wave away science a lot of nonsense polluting the minds of the kiddies with denial of a population descended from one family and none of them even married, and a Herodian massacre that Josephus never heard of - any more than any of the other evangelists. But when it comes to them confirming something that can be used to prop up Christianity -
why, then it's Holy Writ - even when it turns out not to be saying what the Bible apologists say it says.

No, if this is a con and a scam it would seem to be only to the degree that all religion is a con and a scam. I noticed incidentally that any site that denounced Mr Wommack were other Christians who disagreed with him doctrinally.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-26-2019 at 11:51 AM..

Old 03-26-2019, 11:06 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
I would say nothing fails like science. It's in a constant state of failure.
[LEFT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and yet you use it and rely on it without question in every aspect of your everyday life. Hypocrite!

I am convinced jeffbase says these shocking things just to provoke. Not for a moment do I believe he actually believes it.

Case in point: as authority jeff cites Andrew Wommack Ministries, a Christian shyster who uses the front page of his rinky-dink website to tell these fabulous stories of miraculous healings Christians received from Jesus. His plea for cash is then is prominently displayed on the next page:

Pledge

• $ 30.00
  • $ 60.00
  • $ 90.00
  • Other$

Frequency

• Monthly
With your membership, would you like to setup an automatic donation?
No/Yes

[/LEFT]

I mean the implication is crystal-clear.

"You too can receive a special healing from God. But God needs money to support His work on earth so I ask you to give generously as the Holy Spirit guides you to support our ministry of presenting these miraculous stories of God healing the sick."

Pay to pray, huh Jeff??????? But of course, after you fork over your dough to Wommack and then pray for a healing you're right where you started--sick or worse, dying and Wommack has already got your cash, which is all he wanted from the beginning. Prayer doesn't work for free and it doesn't work for $$$$'s.

Bottom line: prayer doesn't work. PERIOD!

But cite legitimate studies that demonstrate prayer has no effect on sickness/healing from the most prestigious medical journals in the world and just because they disagree with jeff's hero, Wommack jeff calls the studies rigged, dishonest, and unworthy of consideration. I mean is this the definition of insanity or isn't it. Which is why we assume no sane person behaves this way, which is why we assume jeffbase is sane and just doing this to be outrageous.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Dammit! I thought it was so original.

The Wiki def doesn't fit exactly. I do care, but only as it relates to me and others who think/discuss/explore as I do. I don't care what anyone else thinks about what I think or do spiritually, and I have no interest in converting anyone to my way.
Meanings before definitions i always say. You tell us what you mean by the definition rather than letting the definition tell you what you mean.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:20 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
I would say nothing fails like science. It's in a constant state of failure.
[LEFT]

I am convinced jeffbase says these shocking things just to provoke. Not for a moment do I believe he actually believes it.

Case in point: as authority jeff cites Andrew Wommack Ministries, a Christian shyster who uses the front page of his rinky-dink website to tell these fabulous stories of miraculous healings Christians received from Jesus. His plea for cash is then is prominently displayed on the next page:

Pledge

• $ 30.00
  • $ 60.00
  • $ 90.00
  • Other$

Frequency

• Monthly
With your membership, would you like to setup an automatic donation?
No/Yes

[/LEFT]

I mean the implication is crystal-clear.

"You too can receive a special healing from God. But God needs money to support His work on earth so I ask you to give generously as the Holy Spirit guides you to support our ministry of presenting these miraculous stories of God healing the sick."

Pay to pray, huh Jeff??????? But of course, after you fork over your dough to Wommack and then pray for a healing you're right where you started--sick or worse, dying and Wommack has already got your cash, which is all he wanted from the beginning.

But cite legitimate studies on prayer from the most prestigious medical journals in the world and just because they disagree with jeff's hero, Wommack jeff calls the studies rigged, dishonest, and unworthy of consideration. I mean is this the definition of insanity or isn't it. Which is why we assume no sane person behaves this way, which is why we assume jeffbase is sane and just doing this to be outrageous.

I sincerely doubt you even bothered to look at the testimonies, some even are backed up by doctors showing labs and tests, but that's never good enough. Nothing will EVER be good enough because you have closed your heart to God and unwilling to even consider evidence that goes against your narrative.

Futhermore, your charges against Andrew Wommack are unfounded and simply not true. His ministry is non-profit funded by donations. The overhead to run a large ministry which includes a Bible college is tremendous. Also, Andrew gives away his material for free if anyone is unable to donate. That costs money, ya know.

I did some more digging and it looks like his Bible college actually won a non-profit of the year award. And yet you claim that he is running a scam based on ZERO evidence. Typical biased garbage from your side.

Quote:

Each September, Charis stages a Volunteer Fair where local non-profits and the community present their volunteer needs to the student body. ‘This one event alone has had such a positive impact for non-profits and businesses in the region’ says Chamber President, Debbie Miller. ‘The students become more familiar with our regions’ needs, and we are fortunate to learn more about the College through their students.’”

In the non-profit world also, Charis shines. It has been given a four-star rating by America’s largest, independent rating agency—Charity Navigators. “How fortunate we are to award Charis Bible College our 2014 Non-Profit of the Year,” raved David Buttery, Chamber Board Member. “
http://www.charisbiblecollege.org/bl...t-of-the-year#

Replies like yours is actually why it is a waste of time to show evidence of God's work to a biased atheist.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:32 AM

50,829 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

Replies like yours is actually why it is a waste of time to show evidence of God's work to a biased atheist.
Then stop.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:01 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
I sincerely doubt you even bothered to look at the testimonies, some even are backed up by doctors showing labs and tests, but that's never good enough. Nothing will EVER be good enough because you have closed your heart to God and unwilling to even consider evidence that goes against your narrative.
Credible evidence will be good for us. The problem is you have to ignore that most prayers fail, and those that do not, none of them are miraculous (or genuine).

You are like someone who gets mugged 99 times out of 100 when you go down an alley, and then say that because you went down once without being mugged, the alley is safe to walk down.

It is YOU who once again is unwilling to even consider evidence that goes against your narrative.

Quote:
Replies like yours is actually why it is a waste of time to show to a biased theist that you have no evidence.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Then stop.
I did a long time ago. I made an exception this time, but of course, another waste of my time. It's like conversing with a brick wall.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
I did a long time ago. I made an exception this time, but of course, another waste of my time. It's like conversing with a brick wall.
We know the feeling. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality