Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,279 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rUEQKFETrY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
I did not mean for my comment about Ted Nugent to cause such a reaction and I do apologize for the discontent that it has caused for some.
Now let me tell you why I said what I did. As you know I am a Vietnam Veteran,I am also a former Navy Seal, I did two tours of duty in Vietnam and I am responsible for the loss of many lives to the enemy but I also lost three of my dearest friends during this conflict,these guys were the real heroes because they gave their lives for what we believed in at the time and those of us that returned were not unscathed by this Vietnam War. Many of us still to this day refuses to even talk about it and that appears to be a big problem.I was fortunate,I had my father, who was a World War II Veteran, to talk to and tell my stories and experiences to.It took a few years for me to get back to what would be called a normal life and even that could be questionable. So when I hear somebody like Ted Nugent talk about his patriotism and knowing what he did to keep from being drafted during that time, it makes me think of a few choice words for him, he never faced being shot at by the enemy, he never faced someone who wanted to take your life to protect theirs and their ideas, he never faced the loss of a close friend in combat, he never faced the camaraderie of Brothers in Arms and calling this poor excuse of a man a patriot is an insult to every enlisted man and woman who ever served in our armed forces both present and past. So yes, I got a little upset and in doing so said a few things that maybe I shouldn't have and for that I do apologize to those of you who sit among us in the Sacred Circle. It's often been said: Religion is for those who are afraid of Hell, Spirituality is for those who have been there... I've been there and survived. Osay

Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And speaking those truths, in a place like the Circle which has several Vietnam vets, is a place for them to share. And, for those of us who didn't serve, to.....listen.
Thanks for explaining the policy in this thread.

People who are Vietnam Veterans can post whatever they want. Other people are supposed to just "....listen".

Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
It is also a place for YOU to share. And we'll listen. (I was addressing a specific situation with that post. Nothing more.)

Feel better now?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-28-2014 at 01:13 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:

People who are Vietnam Veterans can post whatever they want. Other people are supposed to just "....listen".
No hiker,it was not meant that way. If you have something that you wish to share with us, please do so and we'll listen.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:41 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
If you have something that you wish to share with us, please do so and we'll listen.
No thanks. The last time I posted my opinions and asked simple questions I almost got banned from the forum.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
I think I will take this moment to sit in the circle and burn sage.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
No thanks. The last time I posted my opinions and asked simple questions I almost got banned from the forum.

Okay,you have a good day then.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,512,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think I will take this moment to sit in the circle and burn sage.
Good idea. I'm thinking we all need it.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Nice time of day to set back with a nice cup of Joe or what suits our individual tasted. I brought my "Never Empty" cdoffee pot to get us started. Anyone have anything they wish to also set on the serving mat?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality