Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:25 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I understand that the reason the Comanche were so fierce in battle is because if they came home without sufficient loot, their women would kick their butts away from the dinner fire.........

I good news for you brother, all native women are like that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:39 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I understand that the reason the Comanche were so fierce in battle is because if they came home without sufficient loot, their women would kick their butts away from the dinner fire.........
Oh hell yeah. That's why when you saw a skinny Comanche, you knew what was going on. They had names like "Doesn't Get Fed", "Afraid of His Wife", and "Can't Afford McDonalds".

Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
You guys have me laughing and I sure do need a comedy break...
I love this circle

Old 08-19-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
You guys have me laughing and I sure do need a comedy break...
I love this circle
good to hear from you Miss Blue, how is your situation and is it getting any better in your area.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I good news for you brother, all native women are like that.....
Ain't that the truth. After watching my grandma and mom, well, that's why both of my wives have been captives. NDN women won't let you play that "chief" bit. Then again, my wife only let me get away with that for a little while. The best I've been able to do is "co-chief."

Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I agree with Miss Blue! You guys sure are funny! You put a huge smile on this Jewpanese face!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Ain't that the truth. After watching my grandma and mom, well, that's why both of my wives have been captives. NDN women won't let you play that "chief" bit. Then again, my wife only let me get away with that for a little while. The best I've been able to do is "co-chief."

You're lucky you got that, I live in a house full of women and we're all related, so you know were I sit, sometimes in the backyard...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
good to hear from you Miss Blue, how is your situation and is it getting any better in your area.
Our house was not condemned, but the estimates for repairs are running near 60 thousand..We only had 20 thou in flood insurance..Plenty of home owners insurance which is of no value for flood damage..We did get approved for a SBA loan.
Which will be paid off when I am 98 years old

Our house was paid off except for a couple of thousand in an equity LOC Most of the neighbors are gone elsewhere and will not return..We are pretty much finished with the cleanup in our house and property and are living in the part of the house that has none or little damage..Most of the area is still in a mess, because there were many mobile homes and the water was swift and rapid..But we are hardy people and are dealing with it..

The volunteers have been wonderful with donations of cleaning supplies, food and water..Ky even offered the victims Snap cards (part of the food stamp program) to replace their lost food from the freezers, refrigerators and cupboards, and the Red Cross gave Visa Cards for personal items that were lost..

A local group of Amish men and boys even helped some of our neighbors tear down walls and remove floors..

Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree with Miss Blue! You guys sure are funny! You put a huge smile on this Jewpanese face!
Dewdrop, yes we can be funny, but what's even more funny is the fact that everything we're saying is true, now that's funny. You see in the Native American culture the women are the head of the household, when a man and woman gets married, the woman doesn't join the man's family, the man joins the woman's family and the woman has the right to throw the man out of the house if he doesn't do right, maybe they would be less divorces if everybody lived by our culture and allow more humor...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:20 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
............. The best I've been able to do is "co-chief."
We all know the Apache can't spell......I always wondered what Co-chise's name really was............

In high school I had a half Apache friend who's dad was an old cowboy.......and the mom was this woman about 4' nothing.....and SHE ruled the roost in that house......you should have seen that woman tell that long drink of water how to behave and funny to see him duck his head and say "yes ma'am" to his wife.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality