Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
.............was still in at the beginning of Afghanistan and Iraq.
too many children have gone to war like that.........but the ones who live frequently become wise..........for you to have been there you too must have been young........Like ptsum I learned in Viet Nam, my father in the Pacific, my grandfathers in the trenches of Europe, my great grandfather in Cuba, my great great grandfathers wore both blue and gray. my great great great grandfather fought the Creek, his father fought with those seeking freedom from a crown........I am descended from Nancy Ward as well......and my matriarchal linage is Wolf Clan.

I take the Christian admonishment to heart......yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil............

As my UKB brother says, osay......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Grandpa Chibitty .........
knew how to laugh..........

Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Grandpa Chibitty served in Europe as did all the Comanche Code-talkers. He was at Normandy on Utah Beach passing the messages. The Navajos served in the Pacific. My Grandpa Kerchee served in the Pacific, but was not a code-talker. He was in the Army and worked Explosive Ordinance Disposal. I did 20 years in the Air Force and did Desert Storm and was still in at the beginning of Afghanistan and Iraq.

My father was at Tarawa, Kwajalein and Guadalcanal, he was in the first battalion of CBs, I'm a former Navy Seal, served in Vietnam from 1964 to 1966. Grandfather was in the U.S. Army under Gen. Pershing, went after Poncho Vela and then went to France in World War I, was awarded three purple hearts and the French Croix de Guerre with gilded star, great grandfather was in Cuba in the Spanish-American war and was one of the first 100 soldiers that took San Juan Hill, he received a presidential citation for that.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM

Honoring our fathers and those on whose shoulders we stand is a good thing.........thank you all, brothers............wado

Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
And we still have a sense of humor...

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
too many children have gone to war like that.........but the ones who live frequently become wise..........for you to have been there you too must have been young.......

Yeah, I retired from the Air Force only six years ago. My eldest daughter carries on the tradition and is serving in the Air Force now. She's stationed in Germany. She almost deployed to Qatar when she was still stationed at Ellsworth AFB, SD, but then received orders to Germany. She may still have to go to the sandbox, but it will be Qatar. If she has to go to the sandbox, being a father, I certainly prefer that to anywhere in Afghanistan. Though I am extremely proud of her, I'm still a dad and worry. When she comes back, I can't wait to take her to Oklahoma and honor her at one of our powwows. I intend to ensure that she is made a member of the Comanche War Scouts society...like her father and uncles. I just wish her grandpa could be there for it, but I know he'll be watching.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I'd like to imagine that I would be a great warrior. When I watch movies with my husband - I envision myself in the action scenes - and I see myself with a cool head, great purpose, enormous convicition, and much stregnth. However, I have a feeling I'd actually be shaking in my boots, pee myself, and start crying. But I can imagine that I'm a great warrior!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Yeah, I retired from the Air Force only six years ago. My eldest daughter carries on the tradition and is serving in the Air Force now. She's stationed in Germany. She almost deployed to Qatar when she was still stationed at Ellsworth AFB, SD, but then received orders to Germany. She may still have to go to the sandbox, but it will be Qatar. If she has to go to the sandbox, being a father, I certainly prefer that to anywhere in Afghanistan. Though I am extremely proud of her, I'm still a dad and worry. When she comes back, I can't wait to take her to Oklahoma and honor her at one of our powwows. I intend to ensure that she is made a member of the Comanche War Scouts society...like her father and uncles. I just wish her grandpa could be there for it, but I know he'll be watching.
You have good reason to be a proud father! And I understand the worry. She sounds like an amazing woman.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
knew how to laugh..........
...and how to charm the ladies!

I have to tell you a funny story about him and when he first met my ex-wife. To put it in context, she is a blond-haired, blue-eyed white woman. I took her up to Oklahoma to meet the family at the same time as Comanche Homecoming.Understand that we married by a JP were I was stationed at the time. We didn't want a big to do. So, there he was standing there talking to Old Man. Mama was nearby. So I came up to him and said, "Grandpa, I want you meet my wife." He looks at her, then looks at me and says, "This woman is not your wife! I know your wife. Your wife has black hair and brown-eyes! Who is this woman? Every time I see you, you're with a different woman! No wonder why we named you Rabbit!" He then turns to Old Man and says, "Melvin, what do you know of this?" Old Man just shrugs his shoulders and says, "This is the first I've heard of any of this." They both look at me with this angry look. My ex-wife looks at me with a look that could have run off a cougar.

I'm just standing there looking stupid and kind of stammering and not knowing what to say. Then he looks at my ex-wife, winks and starts laughing. When she finally realized it was a joke, she started laughing too. She loved him to death. But, after that, I have this feeling she never trusted me when I would go to Oklahoma by myself.

Does this face say mischievous or what? This is one of my favorite pics of him BTW.

Last edited by Fullback32; 08-20-2010 at 09:59 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'd like to imagine that I would be a great warrior. When I watch movies with my husband - I envision myself in the action scenes - and I see myself with a cool head, great purpose, enormous convicition, and much stregnth. However, I have a feeling I'd actually be shaking in my boots, pee myself, and start crying. But I can imagine that I'm a great warrior!
Women have such a depth of strength that most men cannot comprehend.........you should read about such a woman, one of my ancestors Nancy Ward

Quote:
The role of Ghighua, or Beloved Woman, among the Cherokee was an influential one indeed. The most noted of the Cherokee Beloved Women was Nancy Ward, or Nan'yehi. Closely related to such leaders as Old Hop, the emperor of the Cherokee nation in the 1750s, Attakullakulla, the Wise Councillor of the Cherokee, and Osconostato, the Great Warrior of the Cherokee nation, Ward won the honored title of Ghighua and her own leadership position after displaying great bravery in battle. But Ward was not merely a warrior..............
Nancy Ward, Beloved Woman of the Cherokee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality