Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 11:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

The circle does seem to bring out the best in people, excepting of course those who are so dogmatic that they just can't seem to let it go for long enough to post here. But by and large, I love it here.

Best to you, Dewdrop. I think you are one of the really nice people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 PM

20 posts, read 24,262 times
Dewdrop- Just breathe and let it go- this is such welcoming place to just lay our daily burdens down and to be able to relax and be connected to all our kind, loving, supportive kindred folk here- I am so grateful i found this haven of peace and harmony-

Old 08-28-2010, 09:10 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
I find this is not just pastoral quietness and peace. What we seem to have achieved in this thread is respect. Those who are not Christian, or Pagan, or spiritual are listened to with the same consideration as those who share the same beliefs. I am not out to convert anyone to my faith. I am willing to listen with respect to you as you share your thoughts and feelings and beliefs.

On occasion I share a thought. Frequently the thought is revealed to me in my life and by posting it, it makes that thought immortal.....the insights gained from that thought can often assist others in their journey. When a thought impacts another persons life in a positive way, it validates not only my life, but my faith. I frequently refer to the Christian faith as I consider myself a non-traditional Christian. And sharing thoughts is what Jesus did......and he did a lot of it. Rarely did he talk about what you had to do to achieve favor with his god. His teachings had more to do with how we treat each other.

I am not trying to share my faith with you. I am sharing the RESULTS of my faith......these are two different things. And sharing is a two way street. If all I do is talk, it becomes a sermon. If I both talk AND listen then we communicate and share. And as the elder told me once, we were given two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we talk.

Thank you all for allowing me to share. For allowing me to listen to all of you and on occasion for allowing me to speak. Wado

Old 08-29-2010, 08:00 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Good morning, brothers and sisters.
I would like to share some songs from the Native American Church ceremony.
These songs are prayers to the Creator. Some ask for blessings, some for healing, for peace.

Peace be with you all.

YouTube - 4 Peyote Songs....Perry Lee Botone, Jr.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Thank you everyone so much for your kind words! I have recovered from my "attack" and am the wiser for it. It's funny how sometimes it is so easier to believe something bad about yourself, even if it is not true, than it is to believe something good about yourself! Why do we do that? Or rather - why do I do that? I try not to assume the worst in others - why do I assume the worst in myself? Anyway - thank you all for your encouragement. I took a step back, made some good food, spent time with my dog and the hubby, went running - and now I feel back to normal!

This is indeed a wonderful little sanctuary. I can't tell you how much I have learned from all of you! Thank you!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
..........It's funny how sometimes it is so easier to believe something bad about yourself, even if it is not true, than it is to believe something good about yourself! Why do we do that...............
This is something all do. I recall thinking, back in high school, that when I went out, the girl I was dating would notice those infinitesimally small things that glared at me from the mirror.........things that I thought were so apparent........that mosquito bite on my neck that I felt everyone would stare at, the hair that was a little too short so I just knew everyone would know I had just gotten a haircut, the shirt that I knew everyone was looking at because it was one of my older ones, or my ironing job had left one cuff unironed..........

But I realized that the young woman was thinking similar thoughts......her hose had a hole on the upper thigh, her dress was the wrong color for the season, the hair wasn't perfect, the makeup was off balance somehow........young women have far more elements to worry about than guys do..............yet to me she was the vision of beauty, perfect in every way even as she was fretting about things I never noticed.

What happens, DewDrop, is that you see all those frailties that we as humans are prone to as though they are unique to you and apparent and obvious to all. All I see is the beauty of your spirit and your warm intelligence and those other things do not show up at all. And do you know whose opinion is most important? Mine, of course, because my perception of you is what I react to. But my opinion of you is (or should be) irrelevant to you. I am not there to see you care for your children or husband or dog. I am not there to check your hemline or your weight or the color of your hair or your political leanings. I am sure that when you walk into a room, friends eyes light up, your husband smiles, the dog begins wagging his tail.......you are beloved by those who are important to you.......what does it matter what someone on a forum thinks about you? Why would you give that person so much power over your life? and it is YOUR power you are giving them.

I have an idea, let us show you the honor and respect and appreciation and love that we know you have earned and ignore those who would be negative. You do know they are simply jealous of you and your wisdom and kindness, don't you?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Redbird......this is our Blackfoot sister........and a wise woman

YouTube - buffy sainte-marie-god is alive magic is afoot

Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Goodpasture - you brought tears to my eyes and happiness to my heart! You are such an amazing soul.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times

YouTube - Two Wolves

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My grandfather told me this story half a century ago. I shared it with my oldest grandson last year. In a few years I get to pass it on to my newest grandson.

Being grandpa is fun, and a worthwhile job..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality