Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Our house was not condemned, but the estimates for repairs are running near 60 thousand..We only had 20 thou in flood insurance..Plenty of home owners insurance which is of no value for flood damage..We did get approved for a SBA loan.
Which will be paid off when I am 98 years old

Our house was paid off except for a couple of thousand in an equity LOC Most of the neighbors are gone elsewhere and will not return..We are pretty much finished with the cleanup in our house and property and are living in the part of the house that has none or little damage..Most of the area is still in a mess, because there were many mobile homes and the water was swift and rapid..But we are hardy people and are dealing with it..

The volunteers have been wonderful with donations of cleaning supplies, food and water..Ky even offered the victims Snap cards (part of the food stamp program) to replace their lost food from the freezers, refrigerators and cupboards, and the Red Cross gave Visa Cards for personal items that were lost..

A local group of Amish men and boys even helped some of our neighbors tear down walls and remove floors..

You know it's times like these that it's good to have your faith and the help of family, friends, and strangers because with that you can make it through anything. It sounds like you're going to be okay and that's good. I'll keep you in my thoughts and when I offer prayers to my Creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 PM

20 posts, read 24,254 times
Greetings from Oregon- i have missed being in circle since moving out to the country and having no contact with anyone who are of the same kindred spirit- glad i found this Sacred Circle - I honor all others for the journey they have chosen. May i enter the circle and sit in Peace and Harmony with kindred spirits from all walks of life? Namaste

Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM

[quote=Goodpasture;15547414]We all know the Apache can't spell......I always wondered what Co-chise's name really was............

In high school I had a half Apache friend who's dad was an old cowboy.......and the mom was this woman about 4' nothing.....and SHE ruled the roost in that house......you should have seen that woman tell that long drink of water how to behave and funny to see him duck his head and say "yes ma'am" to his wife.........[/quote]

Hell, I do that now with mine....

Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginachadli View Post
Greetings from Oregon- i have missed being in circle since moving out to the country and having no contact with anyone who are of the same kindred spirit- glad i found this Sacred Circle - I honor all others for the journey they have chosen. May i enter the circle and sit in Peace and Harmony with kindred spirits from all walks of life? Namaste

ginachadli, you are welcome to come sit with us and we are glad to have you, come and tell us a little more about yourself.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
As our Navajo cousins say, ya ta hey. You are welcome to join us in both peace and in harmony. If i am not mistaken, Namaste is Hindu.......making you Indian, not ndn.........if you are, indeed, Hindu, I am glad you joined us.....your faith is an ancient and honorable one.....worthy of respect. Hopefully you will find kindred spirits not only here, but in your new country.........Oregon is beautiful............

Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 PM

Well i used to be in a womens circle where worked w/healing energies using crystals, reflexology, essential oils, vizualizations etc- we also danced, drummed and said prayers for healing. After we closed the circle we then shared food and drink.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Well i used to be in a womens circle where worked w/healing energies using crystals, reflexology, essential oils, vizualizations etc- we also danced, drummed and said prayers for healing. After we closed the circle we then shared food and drink.
Hmmmm, interesting...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
As our Navajo cousins say, ya ta hey. You are welcome to join us in both peace and in harmony. If i am not mistaken, Namaste is Hindu.......making you Indian, not ndn.........if you are, indeed, Hindu, I am glad you joined us.....your faith is an ancient and honorable one.....worthy of respect. Hopefully you will find kindred spirits not only here, but in your new country.........Oregon is beautiful............
Goodpasture- i am not Hindu but i do feel unity with their belief systems- actually i should have greeted all of you with ya ta hey? my mother was Cherokee/Irish/Scot- maybe my feelings are very eclectic- as i have been in many kinds of circles that had all kinds of folk of different beliefs. Pagans, Native American, light workers, Healers, And i feel that we are all Beings of Light. I endeavor to walk in gratitude to the Creator and Mother Earth. Blessings to All.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Goodpasture- i am not Hindu but i do feel unity with their belief systems- actually i should have greeted all of you with ya ta hey? my mother was Cherokee/Irish/Scot- maybe my feelings are very eclectic- as i have been in many kinds of circles that had all kinds of folk of different beliefs. Pagans, Native American, light workers, Healers, And i feel that we are all Beings of Light. I endeavor to walk in gratitude to the Creator and Mother Earth. Blessings to All.
You do not have to apologize for what you believe, not here, everyone here in this circle is of a different belief of some kind and we are all here to learn from one another and learn to respect each other and their beliefs, so whatever belief you have is entirely yours and is right for you.osay

Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You do not have to apologize for what you believe, not here, everyone here in this circle is of a different belief of some kind and we are all here to learn from one another and learn to respect each other and their beliefs, so whatever belief you have is entirely yours and is right for you.osay
Inspiring words! That's why I love this circle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality