Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,109,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I am a light hearted spirit. I laugh often and freely (even at myself). It may come across as unacceptable at times, especially on an online forum, when words can be misinterpreted. Ironic that this thread is about interpretation of written words. I would never intentionally mock anyone's belief's so I apologize if my words or laughter was hurtful to you or anyone else. You are a bright and beautiful soul. Life is far too short for bickering, may your days continue to brighten.
Being able to laugh at yourself is a marvelous quality to have. More people should develop it! (Me, included at times!) I can laugh at myself and handle other people laughing at me for any reason they choose to. I do become defensive when I feel God is being mocked. I regard God as holy and not something trivial to be joked around with. I accept your apology and I apologize if I read into your intention. Yes, it's difficult to read tone of voice and intention in posts at times. This is a good reminder for me to keep that in mind more often. Thank you for your gracious responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:48 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Being able to laugh at yourself is a marvelous quality to have. More people should develop it! (Me, included at times!) I can laugh at myself and handle other people laughing at me for any reason they choose to. I do become defensive when I feel God is being mocked. I regard God as holy and not something trivial to be joked around with. I accept your apology and I apologize if I read into your intention. Yes, it's difficult to read tone of voice and intention in posts at times. This is a good reminder for me to keep that in mind more often. Thank you for your gracious responses.
Not a problem, my friend.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:24 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
sorry for confusing
i didn't mean specefic peophecy or statement . i just refer to the logic way for correct argument

my respond specifically for this statement which i disagree with

i see that , may be bible filled with errors , and in the same time have some fulfilled prophecy .
because the bible originally copied from original Injeel , but it mixed with errors of humans through a time .
Could you please point out some of those errors for me?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:33 AM

249 posts, read 532,125 times
Default Everyone inexperienced puts faith in every word..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Thank you for confirming my statement that the Bible is meant to be read and studied, literally as well as spiritually.

Your statement.. that I was responding to.. only mentioned literally..

So.. where did you say “as well as spiritually”.. ?

I’m curious..

Is this really true.. ?

To quote you..

Originally Posted by DayoftheLord
“The Bible is meant to be taken literally...if it were not, then we wouldn't need it”.

Hmmm.. nothing said about spiritually.. at all.. is there.. ?

Maybe due to a memory defect.

Since I don’t have much time.

One simple question..

When Jesus fed the 5000 and 7000 with bread and fishes..

Is this story to be taken literally.. ?

Or is it symbolic..?

Can the holy spirit guide you to tell me.. what does this story really mean.. ?

Give me an interpretation.. please.

----

“Everyone inexperienced puts faith in every word , but the shrewd one considers his steps.”

Proverbs 14.15

-

Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
One simple question..

When Jesus fed the 5000 and 7000 with bread and fishes..

Is this story to be taken literally.. ?

Or is it symbolic..?

Can the holy spirit guide you to tell me.. what does this story really mean.. ?

Give me an interpretation.. please.
What's to interpret? Jesus fed the multitude of people. Literally. It's not a parable, a mystery, or an alliteration. Jesus prayed and blessed the few loaves of bread and fish and gave them to the disciples to distribute.

Quote:
“Everyone inexperienced puts faith in every word , but the shrewd one considers his steps.â€

Proverbs 14.15
Yes, this describes people who believe anything without studying and looking into things for themselves. I have done this with the Bible and have come to the belief that it is wholly and completely true. I examined the word for myself and God has proven Himself to me time after time. So much so that if I lost my job tomorrow and my apartment burned down and I was left with nothing but the clothes on my back, I would still have my joy and believe that He will provide for my needs. Why? Because He is my only need.

Have you examined your life to that extent?

Old 05-10-2008, 12:17 PM

249 posts, read 532,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Yes, this describes people who believe anything without studying and looking into things for themselves.
That's exactly why I picked it.

However.. I will wait to see what Dayofthelord says.. before I respond further.

My guess is he is busy searching.

---

“The glory of God is the keeping of a matter secret, and the glory of kings is the searching through a matter.”

“Do not toil to gain riches. Cease from your own understanding.”

“Let there be a removing of scummy dross from the silver, and all of it will come forth refined.”

Proverbs 25.2 + 23.4 + 25.4
-

Last edited by accelerator; 05-10-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 05-10-2008, 04:08 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Simple Living
Quote:
Strawman argument. The same can be said to you, but you don't answer the question yourself. You assume that YOU are right.
LoL, I guess you call everything you don't understand a straw man argument?
Or is this just your standard answer so you don't have to admit your own mistakes?
Your problem is that you assume that I am like you, but the difference is that I do not 'know' that I am right; so I am never certain if I am right.
But unlike Christians I don’t see making a mistake as a sin, but more of a learning experience, which is a big difference with how Christians act. Because Christians simply follow the Bible they generally assume that they can’t be wrong.

Quote:
So, your opinion is without fault?
No, these are your words and your faulty interpretation of my words.
I never claimed that I am without fault, but I certainly claim that I adapt faster to reality than Christians who generally confuse religion with reality (=dogma).
Unlike Christians I learn from my mistakes, because I examine them.
Christians often don’t even see that they make mistakes because they assume that God doesn’t make any so they blindly follow their religious leaders, traditions and their dogmas.

Quote:
If following your beliefs makes you faultless, then why can't a Christian follow their beliefs and be considered faultless by you? That's hypocrisy, which you claim not to contain. It's either a made-up, flimsy, double standard, lie to live by or it's insanity.
The thing is that I understand Christians, but they generally have no idea who I am or why I do the things I do.
But it has always been typical for some Christians to call that which they do not understand as ‘insane’.
In fact they would label every non-Christian insane, because they can't imagine why someone would not want to be a Christian.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:18 PM

I merely responded to your own words and wording.

And I still say you are a master of the straw man argument. (Otherwise known as the lazy man's argument.)

Old 05-10-2008, 04:28 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Simple Living
Quote:
And I still say you are a master of the straw man argument. (Otherwise known as the lazy man's argument.)
LoL that is a good 1, a Christian who believes that his arguments can only be rational.

If you truly are a Christian you would have known that calling someone insane is the same thing as killing an individual.
So it would be safe for me to draw the conclusion that you are not a true Christian since you had no problem with calling me insane.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
LoL that is a good 1, a Christian who believes that his arguments can only be rational.

If you truly are a Christian you would have known that calling someone insane is the same thing as killing an individual.
So it would be safe for me to draw the conclusion that you are not a true Christian since you had no problem with calling me insane.
There you go adding words to what people say again. You are a master deceiver. (Or is that a "Tricky D"-eceiver?) Here's what I said:
Quote:
If following your beliefs makes you faultless, then why can't a Christian follow their beliefs and be considered faultless by you? That's hypocrisy, which you claim not to contain. It's either a made-up, flimsy, double standard, lie to live by or it's insanity.
You inferred that following your views as you believe them makes you faultless. I merely pointed out that you don't give anyone else the same benefit. That's hypocrisy, as I said. But you claim not to have any hypocrisy, so in that case, I explained: It's either a made-up, flimsy, double standard, lie to live by or it's insanity. See the choices? An insane person is relatively easy to spot, so I actually don't think you're insane. I think it's worse than that. At least there's a level of innocence in insanity. And, calling someone insane (which I didn't do) is not the same as murder. Hating someone is. And as much as you try to get Christians to hate you on this board (so you can mock and point fingers and say, "See? You're not a Christian!"), I don't hate you.

To spell it out for you, I discern your posts as sly, hypocritical, manipulative and deceiving lies. Your posts purposely twist people's words and add wrong meanings to them that weren't intended. I think you get your jollies out of tearing Christians and Christianity apart and enjoy every moment of it, which defines cruelty. You just hide your true emotion behind a in the guise of "just conversation." However, this is nothing new to me or Christianity. We have survived the likes of you in the past and will continue to do so. Justice wins out in long run. You see, I've read the end of The Book and I know how it ends. I get no pleasure from any of this, by the way. I find it incredibly sad and heartbreaking, frankly.

I don't care one fuzzball what you think of me or what you say to/about me. I can take it because I know the Truth. I am not concerned with having a reputation of any kind with any person. What I find heart-wrenching is that you will carry on on these boards, hurting other people who might be less mature or newer in their faith and don't know how to stand up against you and your twisted deceit, seeking who you can devour. It's your M.O. And you will gloat over it until the final day. But that's when God will have His justice carried out. Even then, I'll find all of this very sad for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality