Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 07:26 AM

15,988 posts, read 7,048,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I have no idea, what you saying. Cemetery is symbol of the end of human life. Period, end of sentence and discussion.

Ah, you meant - enters MY head? I see. Well, can't help with that. What enters then? Death is PRESENT there. I am curious now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The next time I'm photography in a cemetery I will try to remember your proclaimion and make the effort to not have my own thoughts or opinions.

I can't answer your question as it would involve using my own opinion and thoughts and you have already declared that your opinion is the final and only opinion on this subject
Ukrkoz did not ask you any questions. He is responding to your typo post. And it refers to nothing from your above post. You really have trouble understanding. Are you French?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 10:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Ukrkoz did not ask you any questions. He is responding to your typo post. And it refers to nothing from your above post. You really have trouble understanding. Are you French?
What enters then? I am curious can be read as a question.

None of your business if I'm French or anything else.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 27,635,592 times
Yes, I am officially curiously what thoughts enter your mind when at cemetery.

Though, it appears you already chose to not have any thoughts while there. Pity.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:34 PM

Speaking of technology.
Apparently, there are multiples apps reminding one of death. Ping of Death one of them. That should either turn you contemplative - or into debauchery. If I spelled it right, damn iPad is beyond me with this.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:40 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,597,400 times
Quote:

Though, it appears you already chose to not have any thoughts while there. Pity.
I think of the time frame they lived. They lived a whole life. Maybe unlike like anything I can imagine. I think wow, even for a moment, I read their name, they are somebody.

Truth be told, I also think what a waste of land.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,033 times
Quote:

I think of the beauty and the history within those places. I believe that cemetaries are constructed for the living as a place to go to remember those who have died. As a sort of library of who lived in that community and a history of epidemics, ship wrecks wars and how much tougher it was to survive in the past.

The only time that I think of death is when reading headstones of infants or really old people. I might try to think of the period in time that person lived, during the Napoleon wars, the Spanish flu, Queen Elizabeth I period and so forth.

I simply do not view them as a place for the dead or think of death to much while in them. I also look at the amount of chemical weathering of the stones, especially when visiting old ones right next to the ocean on how salt spray has impacted the stones. I thing of many thoughts when I enter a cemetery but death is not on of them.

I also think that just because we have polar opposite views about cemetaries does no mean one of us is right or have a better opinion of them. Just different experiences and beliefs.

I guess what I was correct about though was your previous post did contain that question.

Thanks for your interest in my view on cemetaries.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think of the time frame they lived. They lived a whole life. Maybe unlike like anything I can imagine. I think wow, even for a moment, I read their name, they are somebody.

Truth be told, I also think what a waste of land.
Ah, I see. It’s still meditative and contemplative, isn’t it?

Old 02-26-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think of the beauty and the history within those places. I believe that cemetaries are constructed for the living as a place to go to remember those who have died. As a sort of library of who lived in that community and a history of epidemics, ship wrecks wars and how much tougher it was to survive in the past.

The only time that I think of death is when reading headstones of infants or really old people. I might try to think of the period in time that person lived, during the Napoleon wars, the Spanish flu, Queen Elizabeth I period and so forth.

I simply do not view them as a place for the dead or think of death to much while in them. I also look at the amount of chemical weathering of the stones, especially when visiting old ones right next to the ocean on how salt spray has impacted the stones. I thing of many thoughts when I enter a cemetery but death is not on of them.

I also think that just because we have polar opposite views about cemetaries does no mean one of us is right or have a better opinion of them. Just different experiences and beliefs.

I guess what I was correct about though was your previous post did contain that question.

Thanks for your interest in my view on cemetaries.
Most interesting.
Walking in the shrine of Death and not thinking about it.
I am sort of envious.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,597,400 times
Quote:
Most interesting.
Walking in the shrine of Death and not thinking about it.
I am sort of envious.
Its a shrine of life.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Its a shrine of life.
And a reminder that every day above ground is precious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality