Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 10:05 AM

19,066 posts, read 27,642,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Its a shrine of life.

By far, this is the deepest thought I have seen from you, Arch. Very open to interpretations any way possible.

Naah, cemetery is shrine of death. Delivery room is shrine of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 11:20 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Ukrkoz did not ask you any questions. He is responding to your typo post. And it refers to nothing from your above post. You really have trouble understanding. Are you French?
Ukrkoz did ask me a question which because of this post Re had to repeat it to me. Apparently, unlike your claim I do know how to read and perhaps I'm an anglophone and not a francophone.

I answered his question and he thanked me for that.

Perhaps you are not the enlightened spiritual person you pose as but a bitter person who is more like the angry hateful individual you act like in the A&A subforum. Please go back to your own thread about how to be spiritual . It may help.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:04 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,599,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
By far, this is the deepest thought I have seen from you, Arch. Very open to interpretations any way possible.

Naah, cemetery is shrine of death. Delivery room is shrine of life.
lol, when you can't see the bottom it doesn't mean its not there. Yes, so is birth. Remember those that gave it to us so that we remember to leave some for the Next.

They go hand in hand.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:04 PM

9,473 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Walking in the forest or forest bathing
sitting near moving water
swimming in the ocean
keeping bees (which I did for a few years.....one of the most rewarding experiences ever)
taking a nap with a dog lying next to you
watching birds
watching a snowstorm
standing in the rain
observing plant life grow or seedlings popping up out of the soil
laying in the yard at night and looking at the stars - especially during meteor showers!!
holding someone you love and expressing your love to others
eating grape tomatoes right off the vine when they are warm from the sun

Old 02-27-2021, 07:35 PM

1,757 posts, read 758,927 times
Expectant Waiting in nature.

Looking at nature, the sunlight off the leaves, the wind writing in the sand, and the waves coming in.

Riding on a boat to Mackinac Island and smelling the fresh water and seeing the tree covered islands.

Magically finding a comfortable spot on the shoreline and just staring up at the sky in the day or night.

Looking at the stars.

Going on a jog outdoors through a scenic area.

Using my man's stomach is a pillow. Feeling my belly move.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Nice thoughts, folks.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:56 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
I think of the time frame they lived. They lived a whole life. Maybe unlike like anything I can imagine. I think wow, even for a moment, I read their name, they are somebody.
That's what I do. Who were they, and what were their lives like? One can only imagine.

There's a small cemetery up the road from where my sister lives in Pennsylvania. She and her partner have already purchased their graves there. My other sister and I walked through it when we visited a few years ago. The first graves seem to start in 1918. Youngish people. It's not hard to imagine why.

But when I visited, it wasn't long after Easter, and there were some wilted daffodils on one grave. The stone indicated that it was a baby who had been born and died in 1965, with a few months between the dates. I was there in the late 1990s, and the fact that there were fresh flowers on a 30+ year-old baby's grave told a story.

Quote:
Truth be told, I also think what a waste of land.
I do, too, even though I like to walk through them. Better than a cookie-cutter development of boxy houses, though.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:58 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Expectant Waiting in nature.

Looking at nature, the sunlight off the leaves, the wind writing in the sand, and the waves coming in.

Riding on a boat to Mackinac Island and smelling the fresh water and seeing the tree covered islands.

Magically finding a comfortable spot on the shoreline and just staring up at the sky in the day or night.

Looking at the stars.

Going on a jog outdoors through a scenic area.

Using my man's stomach is a pillow. Feeling my belly move.
Very moving. Expecting spring, expecting a new life. A special time for you, my dear.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,761,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nice thoughts, folks.
I agree. Nice to get back to topic, too.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,599,441 times
Earth, is not given to us by our grandparents.
Earth, is lent to us by our grandchildren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality