Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:52 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times

Advertisements

Truth Or Tradition - Is Allah the God of the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:56 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Fascination of obsession.

I have found in dealing with the mentally ill, there is a tendency to believe in a cataclismic end to their reality, almost to the point of paranoya. While I am not saying ALL who believe in the so called "end of times" are like this, I have met some that fit the bill.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:07 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

I have found in dealing with the mentally ill, there is a tendency to believe in a cataclismic end to their reality, almost to the point of paranoya. While I am not saying ALL who believe in the so called "end of times" are like this, I have met some that fit the bill.
Christians have not reason to fear "end times." our blessed hope rest on Jesus Christ our solid rock. The end of my reality could happen tomorrow, tonight. Im not promised another day..

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 NASB

Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;3788395] Our God is the only God who is a loving God. quote]
I find that to be questionable since Shiva and Athena are supposed loving deities which people worship.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 05-16-2008 at 07:45 PM..

Old 05-16-2008, 07:34 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
For your information, the Muslim God is the same God as the Christian God.
Sorry, but you are wrong and I think DayoftheLord explained it very well.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:06 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I would hope for one world without Religion. It would be something new and sure would not be as bad as what we have now.
When I grew up the Bible was taught in schools, children were taught to respect their parents and crime was low. Over the years things have changed and the Bible and no other religion is allowed to be taught in the schools.

America was built on the promises of the Bible and In God we trust. Everyone wanted to live in America because it was full of riches and freedom for all. Yes, freedom of religion or no religion.

Can you not see that our world is gone bad. Children do not respect their parents, everyday someone is murdered (because people do not have any regard for life), money is the new God to those who do not believe in religion. Does that make you happy? Do you live from day to day with no promise of anything? I really do not intend this to sound like I am trying to pick an argument. I just don't understand why you are so sure we are wrong.

Please help me to understand why you think your way is better?

Dunroven

Old 05-16-2008, 08:25 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Was that a not so subtle way of saying that Christians are mentally ill? My little green friend here says otherwise.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
[quote=agnostic soldier;3788908]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Our God is the only God who is a loving God. quote]
I find that to be questionable since Shiva and Athena are supposed loving deities which people worship.
What do they have to do with God? There is only one God.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 PM

137 posts, read 448,494 times
I was so thankful when I read DayoftheLord's posts! I admire the way you stand up for the faith against those that oppose you and our faith. I want you all to know that God loves you. The Bible says in the book of Genesis that God (the Father) loved us all so much that created you as well as everything else in the world and gave us (humans) reign over everything. The world in the beginning was perfect (we and everything in it). However, we chose, in our disobidence, to sin against God and eat the fruit He (God) told us not to eat. We decided to sin against God which caused us to be seperated from Him because He is perfect.
Our relationship with Him was thus cut off because of our sin. However, God still wanted a relationship with His creation. He wanted the relationship with man to be restored. He decided to send His son Jesus (who was and is fully God and fully man in the flesh) to give us a way to have a relationship with Him (God the Father) again. Thus Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus gave His life for us on the cross. On the cross He bore all of our sins (past, present, future sins). How could He bare all of our sins? He had the authority to bare all of our sins and take them upon Himself because He was perfect (meaning, He lived a perfect life).
God the Father gave Him the authority to do so. You must know that Jesus death was grusome. The Bible says that Jesus was beaten and brused so bad He could not be recognized. Whether you believe it or not Jesus died for all of our sins on the cross. He loved you and I that much that He was willing to give the greatest thing, His life. According to the scriptures, on the third day He Jesus rose from the dead. Fourty days later went to Heaven to be with God the Father. Jesus told us before He left that He would send the Holy Spirit to lead us to all truth, be with us as we wait for the return of Jesus and to help us live a Godly life. God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit are called the Trinity. The Trinity is one God existing in three persons, The Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit. My point, God loves each and everyone of us, so much, that He gave His life for our sins on the cross so that we might have a relationship with Him.
We (true Christians) are not in a religion, we are part of a relationship with Jesus Christ that leads to salvation for any and all who believe in the above. The book of Genesis, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 1:16, Acts 16:13, Romans 10:9. There are many more scriptures that mention all of these things. Humble yourself, believe that, "Jesus Christ is Lord and believe that God the Father raised Jesus from the dead and the Bible says, you will be saved! Jesus gave His life for you on the cross, why not give your life to Him? No matter where you have been or what you have done God (in Jesus) died for you and loves you unconditionally!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Sorry, ILNC, but I have to step in here. What?!!! Our God is the only God who is a loving God. The Muslims god tells them to murder those who don't share their beliefs and Muslims believe some book called the Koran written by one illiterate man. Do you see the absurdity in the contradiction in my last statement? Mohammed was supposedly inspired by some spirit to "write" the Koran.....the man couldn't even read OR write!!!!! Next you'll be telling us that Mohammed was Jesus.
Jews believe in the Old Testament only.

Christians believe in the Old Testament, New Testament, and that Jesus was the one and only true prophet.

Muslims believe in the Old Testament, New Testament, that Jesus was a Prophet, and that Mohammed, who was a disciple of Jesus, sat in a cave for 20 years and that God spoke to him in which he translated that conversation into the Koran.

So, basically, Muslims believe in same God, the same Creation story, The Virgin Mary and the Immaculate Conception, the same Jesus---all of that jazz. They just happen to throw in another Prophet into the mix--a Prophet who just happened to be the one to bring the message of the Bible to them (which is why they hold Mohammed slightly higher than Jesus) which is the only reason why Christians have a problem with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality