Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Christian Death Metal??? I guess that's a new one on me. I just have a hard time visualizing people who sing like the band Six Feet Under going to church every Sunday. But, then again, I guess I shouldn't judge people on outward appearances.
Whats even harder to visualize is them singing in church every sunday.

Then again at a church we used to go to in caracas, one sunday a motorcycle gang(harley davidsons, leather jackets, face tattoos and all) parked right up and joined the mass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:42 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Whats even harder to visualize is them singing in church every sunday.

Then again at a church we used to go to in caracas, one sunday a motorcycle gang(harley davidsons, leather jackets, face tattoos and all) parked right up and joined the mass
Something tells me that the members from Gwar will not be at any local Sunday service either singing or participating... Just a hunch.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Just wondering if there were any christian rock and metal songs out there who are considered Goth or Emo Rock music? Something like My Chemical Romance but Christian.
I don't know of any, but I am almost sure that some exist.

I know there are quite a few "hardcore" bands that sound something like My Chemical Romance and are Christian: As I Lay Dying and Underoath are 2 that have become quite popular on a bigger (secular) level. I think those are both Christian - and I know there are more.

To find specifically what you are looking for you should check out a Christian bookstore or something - I think that you can find Christian versions of almost all popular music.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:52 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times
"Flyleaf" and "Red", more alternative though. I enjoy them both.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
As I Lay Dying -- Christian "metalcore"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:08 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
hahahhahahahha.....i cut myself for jesus the world is bleek maybe one day ill go to heaven but i doubt it cause im a loser baby.........don't even know how their could be christian gothic ....it kinda seems to contradict itself
I personally cannot wait for Marilyn Manson's rendition of jesus loves the little children. Heard its going to be awesome!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:47 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
Emo Christian bands... that sound like MCR...

FSM forbid!!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:35 AM

2 posts, read 12,963 times
i know what you mean by goth style rock because i love that style to. it's rock music that uses piano's,organs or violins to make a verry melodic sound to it. goth style bands such as cradle of filth,within temptaion and even evenesance type style music. i know what you mean. i am trying to find the same as you. there are such things as christian goths out there. the only band i can think of that comes close to this style but is not this style would be flyleaf. if anynoe can let me know if there are goth style christian bands out there please let me know.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:58 AM

25 posts, read 47,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I know what a goth person is, but what is goth music? What's an emo?

Emo is just a short acronym for Emotional ..

Example music would be like ... Fire house Love of a Life time.

good ole 80's metal rock with I love you undertones. Music that could make your get all emotional and cry but at the same time try to be hard core lol , and try move your emotions

Goth.. shew well,, this is like one of those great debates you see on the forums.

People will view Goth so many different ways.. and there are so many variations of goth music..
Goth comes back from the 70's of British Punk rock bands like
gothic rock bands include Bauhaus, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees,The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission
Kinda Electronical sounding music.

Like anything, people try to redefine stuff, and now you get variations of goth , like Death metal from bands like cannibal Corpse..
Its so crazy of a culture now a days lol

Old 07-05-2008, 04:02 AM

2 posts, read 12,963 times
oh and i just found a site for yall like me that are christians but either love the goth sceene or are goth's. go to christiangoth.com. the site will have info on christian goth churches. well they are not really goth churches per say but are goth friendly. churches where pastors have tats like i have and also pierced too. check it out. i find it verry interesting and you get to read about what theese churches are all about and things. verry informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality