Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 AM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
"You" was meant in the general sense. I don't know what you are, male, female, gay, non-gay, etc. I was more focused on your "phoney baloney God" remark. I do not simply pick and choose from the Bible. I agreed that all those previously stated things were sins. I know I commit sins on a daily basis and on a daily basis I ask God to forgive me and help me not commit those same sins. I try not to be a hypocrite and ask God to forgive me if I ever am. I am not watching your video because I don't need to learn anything from a video. I learn from the Bible.
If you keep commiting the same sins over and over on a daily basis, I'm guessing that you are either not learning, or you are not really trying hard enough..Ever hear of will power? I tend to think the OP is correct in that you pick and choose which sins are ok for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 11:42 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,442,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you keep commiting the same sins over and over on a daily basis, I'm guessing that you are either not learning, or you are not really trying hard enough..Ever hear of will power? I tend to think the OP is correct in that you pick and choose which sins are ok for you.
Did I say I committed the same sins everyday? And how do you know that I pick and choose which sins are OK? You have no clue.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:48 AM

83 posts, read 435,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Did I say I committed the same sins everyday? And how do you know that I pick and choose which sins are OK? You have no clue.
No, but when you refer to homosexuality as a "lifestyle" rather than a variation of heterosexuality (which is supported by every major scientific organization) you are essentially stating that you believe yourself to be superior to gays.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
It's his followers, who do things in his name, who make him look really, really bad to people like me.
I agree that some of his followers can provide a bad example for people and we create stumblingblocks for some. We have to be better witnesses for God.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
No, but when you refer to homosexuality as a "lifestyle" rather than a variation of heterosexuality (which is supported by every major scientific organization) you are essentially stating that you believe yourself to be superior to gays.
Well, strike the word "lifestyle" because that can apply to all of us in the things we choose to do in our lives, aka lifestyle. I am not superior to gays or anyone.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM

258 posts, read 790,620 times
GAY, DOES GOD HATE ME? (http://www.wtv-zone.com/bibleguidance/1AQAdoesgodhateme.html - broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM

249 posts, read 532,151 times
Quote:
The favorite chapter folks like to use as the basis of their biblical argument against homosexuals is Leviticus 18:22.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.[/i]
Yet others either augment or replace that verse with Leviticus 20:13.
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them
"But their mental powers were dulled. For to this present day the same veil remains uplifted at the reading of the old covenant, because it is DONE AWAY WITH by means of Christ. In fact, down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts. But when there is a turning to God, the veil is taken away."

"In his saying "a new covenant" He has made the former one OBSOLETE and growing old is near to vanishing away." - 2Corinthians 3.12 & Hebrews 8:13

"Do not you people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

For the law code, "You must not commit adultery, You must not murder, You must not steal, You must not covet," and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this word, namely, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." Love does not work evil to one's neighbour; therefore love is the law's fulfillment."

Romans 13:8

-

“For if the code administering condemnation was glorious, much more does the administering of righteousness abound with glory.” - 2Corinthians 3:7 & 3:9

So.. is it really true.. that the "unbelievers" go to hell...?

After all the law of condemnation was done away with.. by the law of love..

Yet.. there are many who don't believe this (sigh).

Are they all damned.. ?

Since..

Jesus said.. "No one comes to the father execept though me".

Thereby making Moses.. and all of men's laws redundant.

Isn't that what he meant.. ?

And this is what Paul meant.. when he condemned men getting in bed with men.. ?

When we say.. "The Liberals are getting in bed with the Tories"..

Do we mean they are having sex together.. ?

Or........ do we mean.. they are getting in bed with each other's.... IDEAS.. ?

So what did Paul mean really.. do you think.. ?

When he wrote..

"We must obey God as ruler rather than men.” - Acts 5:29

-------

“Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off As his prey through the philosophy and empty deception ACCORDING TO THE TRADITION OF MEN, ACCORDING TO THE ELEMENTARY THINGS OF THE WORLD and not according to Christ..” - Colossians 2:8

-

"No one comes to the father except though me".. said Jesus

_

Last edited by accelerator; 07-21-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 02:07 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,423 times
If homosexuality is forbidden, then let's all get rid of the mussels, clams, and oysters together!

Who's with me?

Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,135 times
Quote:

Is that not the apex of hypocrisy — for the church to disregard those directives which seem inconvenient while trying to enforce the parts it deems appropriate?

It's because they cherrypick which morals in the bible that they're going to follow. Using the bible for to discriminate against gays is really just a basis for someone's personel prejudice. They say it's because that's what the bible says it's wrong, but the bible also tells them that they will be stoned if they eat pork.
It's very hypocrital, they pick and choose what they're going to preach and follow and then say that the morals that don't fit with them were meant for the culture or aren't supposed to be followed today, then they pass off what they teach as the religion.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
It's because they cherrypick which morals in the bible that they're going to follow. Using the bible for to discriminate against gays is really just a basis for someone's personel prejudice. They say it's because that's what the bible says it's wrong, but the bible also tells them that they will be stoned if they eat pork.
It's very hypocrital, they pick and choose what they're going to preach and follow and then say that the morals that don't fit with them were meant for the culture or aren't supposed to be followed today, then they pass off what they teach as the religion.
Mark 7:18

"Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entered into the man, it cannot defile him;"

Mark 7:19

"Because it entered not into his heart, but into his belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?"

Mark 7:20

"That which cometh out of the man, that defiled the man."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality