Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM

34 posts, read 129,757 times

Advertisements

PeaceMaker21- Hard to completely buy your claim of critical thinking when you say that you can't see Olsen's olive tree grove on his street because his street isn't shown on google aerial view but then you post up a non-productive link anyway. Olsen's trees would only show up on the street he actually LIVES on right?

Thanks for not including your original list of potential posters and lurkers on your last few posts. I can think of at least 4 more categories and 5 subcategories that you left out. But "contemplate" don't "meditate" on these because meditation may dull your mind 50794

All of us disgruntled former chelas on messianic trips-posters and lurkers alike-thank you for admirably taking Allen's place. To your credit you don't sound quite as Coo Coo as Allen and probably are much more likeable in person, but you still allow others to a bird's eye view into cult mentality. We know you sincerely believe that you are representing a true "Master" and we, who have much more personal experience with the real Gary Olsen, not just the dog and pony show, are doing our best to save others from wasting years of their lives, and lots of money, with a shyster.

Been There

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker21 View Post
@BeenThereDoneThat09 -

If it's 8 years ago then those olive trees should be well grown and visible from the air on Google Maps -

Here's the link to the Aerial view on Google Maps you described

Rawson is on streetview but Mecca isn't - overall I can see lots of houses and lots growing, but no olive trees -

Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 PM

42 posts, read 80,185 times
Post A Map, A Way, A Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat09 View Post

PeaceMaker21- Hard to completely buy your claim of critical thinking when you say that you can't see Olsen's olive tree grove on his street because his street isn't shown on google aerial view but then you post up a non-productive link anyway. Olsen's trees would only show up on the street he actually LIVES on right?
The link you quoted below still works fine for me on my PC when I click it, or simply go to http://maps.google.com and type:
"mecca road, morongo valley, CA" to see the show unfold - Assuming I got the address right?:

So from there.....is it up, down, left or right to view said Olive Grove...?

Quote:
Mecca Road in the Morongo Valley is a pretty desolate place but if you go and visit the compound ( I'm sure he would love to see you and be in one of his very best moods if you visit spontaneously) and turn onto Mecca Road you just can't miss it because it really is the only property with that kind of very expensive greenery. It is also very evident from the air...very green.

Just turn onto Mecca Road and the main compound is on the right with high closed gate and the guest house is on the left....
Heck, why not just publish the door number and zip code while you're at it! (Again, I jest - I think it's good that we have respect for each other's privacy on this thread which in more than one sense, seems like a "MasterPathers' Anonymous")

Google Street Views are sometimes private yes, but hey, even the Grand Mufti of the Pentagon doesn't block Google aerial views...

Given all you have been through (which as I said, I genuinely feel for, and would like to learn more about, and am therefore reading the thread in full before I next post), I find it admirable and respectable that you have the decency to defend your former guru's privacy - or is this all just a set up - a Master-Bait perhaps? (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Quote:
We know you sincerely believe that you are representing a true "Master" and we, who have much more personal experience with the real Gary Olsen, not just the dog and pony show, are doing our best to save others from wasting years of their lives, and lots of money, with a shyster.
Can I presume "personal experience" includes the pleasure of a visit to the Olsen residence? - If so, is what we chelas have been told, about it being a small two-bedroom bungalow not true? Please do enlighten us...

All joking aside, with peace, as ever, and wth respect. PM21 - Time to go to sleep....goodnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker21
@BeenThereDoneThat09 -

If it's 8 years ago then those olive trees should be well grown and visible from the air on Google Maps -

Rawson is on streetview but Mecca isn't - overall I can see lots of houses and lots growing, but no olive trees -

Last edited by PeaceMaker21; 11-12-2009 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: typos fixed

Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 PM

268 posts, read 457,662 times
Quote:
I'll be fine whatever happens to Sri Gary the man, his teachings have brought a lot of love and light into my life
Just a reminder...they are not his teachings.

Quote:
as a former-TM follower, @Violet11, I'm sure you are aware of the various chakras and non-physical planes and dimensions purported in mystical scriptures from all religions including Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism.
Another quick correction. I am not a "former TM follower". Years ago I met a woman who followed Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 70s. She taught me the TM "technique" and the history/theory behind it. She had no association with the TM organization. In fact, she expressed to me that she felt the TM organization was totally on the wrong track and was going against what Maharishi originally taught her many years before (ie. charging exorbitant amounts of money for "initiation", etc.). I still believe in the general "technique", just as I believe in many other forms of meditation or spiritual exploration.

Contrary to what you've said, I don't think meditation "numbs" the mind. But then I suppose it depends on who is involved, the method, and whether it's part of a mentality that limits one's thoughts to a certain person or doctrine. In other words, ANY spiritual exercise could be numbing and cult-like in the wrong hands. I think Gary would qualify as the wrong hands because by all accounts, he is claiming to be the "master" and is the cause and focus of whatever the spiritual exercises are. It's wrong in my opinion.

Quote:
if the Soul of any given sat guru has performed the spiritual journey and successfully progressed into the higher levels of conscious (which either exist or do not - all opinion aside) then that soul is able to point out to the students who choose to follow that guru, where they are on the scale - and not suprisingly, the egos of some students don't like hearing or confronting that reality - so really, a sat guru is needed until the mind in its conscious, subconscious and unconscious levels has been totally mastered - anything before this point could result in a messianic complex - it doesn't need to be as blatant as believing one is the next messiah - it could be as subtle as thinking: "that's it, I've finished the journey, thank you and goodbye guru" - sat gurus are most especially "needed" in such moments - to stand up for one's Soul when one's Mind starts to "play hardball".
What you wrote here makes very little sense to me. I don't think anyone can "point out" where anyone else is on a scale. Gary has simply proclaimed himself "sat guru", and you somehow think that gives him real power and insight. It's self-serving and pathological of him in my view. And the fact that you think someone needs a guru most when they have decided they've finished their journey with the so called "guru"? It smacks of everything you are trying to disprove. No, they don't need him at that point, and I contend that they never did.

Quote:
As to why Sri Darwin Gross doesn't appear on the chart you refer to, if you've read this far by now, I hope you have got the gist of what I'm trying to say: of there being many different levels and planes of consciousness, with teachers incarnating from all these
Fine if we want to agree there's many different planes of consciousness, but that still doesn't explain the question I asked. Maybe Gary should commission some more paintings that represent the various planes of consciousness of which you speak (the ones that include his master Darwin Gross) rather than just the one he thinks appears most impressive.

Quote:
I've had the occasion to meet Sri Gary in "darshan-line" - (where he individually meets each of the students in the room who want to, face to face for a few moments, after a seminar) numerous times - an opportunity he offers to any new seeker at the now-yearly April Regional Seminar - and even when faced with my initially most critical questions from me during such darshans, he has always responded lovingly to me, with class, humility and dignity - there's always been an (apparently!) "easily explainable" overwhelming great sense of love at such moments - which various friends and relatives of mine have also reported to me, on meeting him in darshan, even though many of them chose not to become his students, they were moved in their own ways by their unique experience. I've also had personal letters (sometimes stern, which doesn't bother me one bit now in the bigger scheme of things) and even a phone call here and there - again all with an overall aura of love.
Ah, exactly as I thought. You simply don't know the man. Why would you expect he would be anything other than gracious and loving in "darshan-line"? If you went to Joel Osteen's church, he would be gracious and loving towards you too. It's the same type of charade. Why the stern letters? What did you do to deserve his sternness?

Anyway, the bottom line is that you've mischaracterized your former fellow students on this thread as "disgruntled". I realize you apologized, and I sincerely appreciate and admire your willingness to see where you misjudged. But these are people who DO know Gary. People who HAVE conversed with him personally many times. People who have spent years as students and personal friends of his. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but how dare you question the authenticity of their stories when you have had NO experiences with Gary that even come close to what they have experienced and witnessed?

Thank you for being more open-minded than your MP predecessor on this thread, Allan. I do wish you the best, and I hope you will find the love and truth within yourself one day.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 PM

Default PeaceMaker 21 FAQs answered

My answers/comments in bold

Quote:
The link you quoted below still works fine for me on my PC when I click it, or simply go to http://maps.google.com and type:
"mecca road, morongo valley, CA" to see the show unfold - Assuming I got the address right?:

So from there.....is it up, down, left or right to view said Olive Grove...?

North side on map of Mecca Rd. and Encelia Trail. The trees are there for your viewing pleasure.

Heck, why not just publish the door number and zip code while you're at it! (Again, I jest - I think it's good that we have respect for each other's privacy on this thread which in more than one sense, seems like a "MasterPathers' Anonymous")

Google Street Views are sometimes private yes, but hey, even the Grand Mufti of the Pentagon doesn't block Google aerial views...Actually former VP Dick Cheney had his home blocked from google view. He apparently had a lot of things to hide too.

Given all you have been through (which as I said, I genuinely feel for, and would like to learn more about, and am therefore reading the thread in full before I next post),That would also be respectful and admirable. It may not change your mind but it might open it just a tad...or round out your point of view to about 60 degrees...OK 120 degrees I find it admirable and respectable that you have the decency to defend your former guru's privacy - or is this all just a set up - a Master-Bait perhaps? (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Can I presume "personal experience" includes the pleasure of a visit to the Olsen residence? How else would I know exactly where they live?Or...did a little birdy tell me?- If so, is what we chelas have been told, about it being a small two-bedroom bungalow not true? Please do enlighten us...Take a look. The guest house across the road is theirs too.

All joking aside, with peace, as ever, and wth respect. PM21 - Time to go to sleep....goodnight. Rest in Peace, PeaceMaker21

Quote:
@BeenThereDoneThat09 -

Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 PM

175 posts, read 424,850 times
Quote:
I think it's good that we have respect for each other's privacy on this thread
Oh, you mean like your fellow chela Allan1015 has shown on this thread? Or how about jay-cos post? Or do you view those particular posts as admirable spiritual examples that display respect for the privacy and space of other human beings?

Quote:
Google Street Views are sometimes private yes, but hey, even the Grand Mufti of the Pentagon doesn't block Google aerial views...
neither does the Dera in India...but then we aren't talking about an ashram are we... we're just wading through the make-believe fantasy that your guru is Sawan...

Quote:
I find it admirable and respectable that you have the decency to defend your former guru...
No, I will not offer any defense for my former guru. My former guru has no qualms in calling a chela a liar for telling the truth. I know the chela was telling the truth, not the guru.

Quote:
Can I presume "personal experience" includes the pleasure of a visit to the Olsen residence? - If so, is what we chelas have been told, about it being a small two-bedroom bungalow not true? Please do enlighten us...
So, the property is the Olsen's private residence? Interesting.

I will share a snapshot view of my association with your guru. Your guru’s secretary told me that the 'property' is a spiritual retreat center and as such receives benefits of MP 501(c)(3). She also told me that your guru and his wife are listed as ‘caretakers’ of that property. Now, I openly admit that I am naïve of the IRS tax laws governing non-profit organizations. But aren’t non-profit religious organizations and their property investments open to public observation?

Your post states that it is a private residence for your guru and his wife. I am interested in knowing which is true? Is it a spiritual retreat as your guru’s secretary has stated? If so, could you please enlighten all ‘sincere seekers of the truth’ what that literally means on MasterPath? Do chelas gather there for meetings with your spiritual leaders? Have you ever visited this ‘spiritual retreat’ on Mecca? Is this ‘spiritual retreat’ open to the public? What educational or religious purpose does it serve or offer the community or the members of the organization? Seems the word Mecca is loaded with potential for earning all kinds of easy admiration and respect for your guru.

Or, is it in 'actuality', as you say: a private residence. A private residence that primarily and specifically benefits your guru and his wife while being fully funded and supported by charitable contributions made to a non-profit religious organization? What are the costs associated with maintaining that private residence? Can you provide us with the financial statements of MP for the last 10 years, including a detailed breakdown for all expenses relative to that property?

If, in fact and REALITY, it is a private residence for your guru and his wife, then, if not illegal, do you consider it spiritually ethical or morally admirable that your guru and his wife receive tax-free financial benefits of a non-profit organization? And if they are incurring significant personal benefits from the MP 501c3 status, do you consider that to be a form of “illegal gain.” You know one of those sacred little spiritual principles your guru supposedly contemplated and realized at the 5th initiation: no illegal gain. Or, is your ‘guru’ exempt from those low levels of practice since you apparently believe he has transcended the mind?

So you tell me Peacemaker, which is it - private residence, or a spiritual retreat?

Re: end of faith as the beginning of knowing. I couldn’t agree more. Based on my inner and outer experience, I know your Guru is not Sat.

Peacemaker, not only can you use the year 1948 as a sign that your guru is the reincarnation of Sawan, you've enlightened me with things I never dreamed would be used to trump up your guru's legacy and history.

But here's a few stats regarding Sawan: he initiated over 200k devotees in his lifetime. Let's see, Gary less than 2k. Hmm, seems in this current age, there is a significant drop in magnetic attraction to the 'Sound Current emanating from your reincarnated guru'.

Last edited by end_of_faith; 11-13-2009 at 05:59 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
PeaceMaker claims to be seeking the truth, so for that, and that he is more palatable than allan, I give him credit. (Or has Gary replaced allan with him to get out his side?)

However, since he has said that he buys into the whole MasterBate scam, how much credibility can he have?

MP is a cult that uses mind control, hence, defenders here on this site and elsewhere.

Get a clue, MP is a scam.

Gary planting his desert get-away with expensive olive trees is just the tip of the iceberg. Keep those forms going into the IRS!

We may get this charlatan what he deserves after all! (Karma )

Last edited by deepcynic; 11-13-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 08:10 PM

175 posts, read 424,850 times
Peacemaker,

your guru's secretary also called it a parsonage, and hinted that there may be more than one parsonage for the 'ministers' of MP.

regardless what it is, do you think it is a fair use of contributions to fund such lavish landscaping on a desert property that primarily benefits the guru and his wife?

re: money = energy = monergy.... the money that MP has accrued is a result of the chelas hard earned and taxed dollars.

And the non-profit status of MP is supported by all American taxpayers, not just paying members of MP.

And last, the financial activity of this group is not my primary or only contention. And I think I've made that point fairly clear in my posts on this thread.

I stated in my previous post that your guru has no qualms in calling a chela a liar for telling the truth. He also has no qualms in lying to a chela when he says he is telling the truth. So, no Peacemaker, I have no faith in the concept of guru. I especially do not trust or believe your guru.

so peace be with you too...

Old 11-14-2009, 11:52 AM

30 posts, read 56,550 times
OMG! BeenThereDoneThat, thank you for the link. The landscaping is out of control. It's a literal fortress. So much seperation going on. I am flabergasted at the shear magnitude of the trees surrounding this humble "Master's" property. I remember him touting a simple bugalow with modest rent paid from his modest salary of 50,000 a year. Boy, times have changed. This is just the kind of information that will get the older chelas thinking. So many lies and incongruencies. What was it the Master used to say? "Looks like a duck, smells like a duck, acts like a duck"....must be a smuck!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:12 PM

Default To Soul Patriot

Soul Patriot,

Actually if you go back a few posts it was PeaceMaker21 that posted the google aerial link to the Masterpath "retreat center", I merely helped him locate the olive trees he wanted to verify. I'm sure that most religious retreats claiming 501(c)(3) status also have hot tubs and tanning beds to make the retreaters more comfy and cozy. The caretakers should be willing to give tours and take retreat reservations from dues paying members don't you think?

Kind regards,

Been There

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
OMG! BeenThereDoneThat, thank you for the link. The landscaping is out of control. It's a literal fortress. So much seperation going on. I am flabergasted at the shear magnitude of the trees surrounding this humble "Master's" property. I remember him touting a simple bugalow with modest rent paid from his modest salary of 50,000 a year. Boy, times have changed. This is just the kind of information that will get the older chelas thinking. So many lies and incongruencies. What was it the Master used to say? "Looks like a duck, smells like a duck, acts like a duck"....must be a smuck!

Old 11-14-2009, 02:37 PM

30 posts, read 56,550 times
LOL....Tanning Beds at the OLsen House? Are you kidding me? I always imagined their tans came from wondering the dessert in deep contemplation with Anami. Not kidding. Talk about vanity to the max. I used to go to tanning beds so I would look like them. Tan and spiritual. What was I thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.