Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,909,633 times

Advertisements

amen and amen Nirvana and arguing with non believers is foolish so if should just not argue with them.

sin is sin whether we choose to accept it or not

Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Lightbulb Oh, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
i guess murder is ok too, if one likes to murder they can throw that one out as a sin too, just an activity or a genetic lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
nirvana absolutely, so when Gods word says Love, its not really love, because if you dont want to love you can say it means Not really.

caring for the poor and orphans NAH we can throw that out too as just a suggestion
The Bible is NOT a book of suggestions. If you want suggestions, call your local psychologist. He will suggest you do things and stop doing things.

People who want to "update The Bible" or ignore parts of The Bible because they want to, does not excuse them from God's Judgement on them. In legal terms, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" and this is true in American Jurisprudence and in God's Word.

How about adultery. Should we just ignore that part of The Bible and live in an orgy house and not care about marriage? How about helping others? Another suggestion? How about praying... another silly thing we can just ignore?

Once you start to pick and choose what YOU want to believe that is truth in The Bible, you can basically do whatever you want... you become your own god, as you decide what is truth to God or not.

You might as well NOT tell anyone that you are a Christian because you are NOT. A true Christian follows the whole Bible. You might slip and sin here and there, but to knowingly and intentionally violating The Bible under teh pretext that you wnat to ignore some of it is wrong. You either follow and accept The Bible as truth OR you don't. There is no middle ground.

You are wasting your time in church if you think part of God's word is true and part is just there wasting paper and taking up space.

See below for more info:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tml#post630689

Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 PM

they like the verses that agree with their politics and social views and morals but tell God to keep the verses that do not let them sin the way they choose. God says ALL the Bible is for the training, and knowledge adn wisdom of the believer

Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
It is clear that the posters here that follow the bible in its entirety do not believe that others are true Christians.

That was my question, and now I have the answer from at least two of the forum members.

Thank you for sharing your POV.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So it's not literal - it's implying
Actually, in my opinion, it is most likely literal in the sense that women are to be submissive, not the head. It states this many times throughout the Bible. Again, it comes down to knowing the chain of command...whether WE women like it or not.

Quote:
A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (NIV, 1 Timothy 2:11-12)
This was precisely my point!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:18 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It is clear that the posters here that follow the bible in its entirety do not believe that others are true Christians.

That was my question, and now I have the answer from at least two of the forum members.

Thank you for sharing your POV.
No, it is not anyone's job to decide who is a true Christian or not. Each person must figure that out on their own and God will be their Judge.

However, if you do not follow the Bible in it's entirety, then you can start dismissing whatever you want.... then Christianity for that person would be a big waste of time.

Again, God will judge you. If you think you can trick God by dismissing parts of His Words and Commandments, then you go reight ahead.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM

no, we only know what Christ said what a Christian would be and if you do not follow the bible in its entirety then why would be a christian? and How?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
Thanks for the clarification. I am trying to understand, and see how the thoughts and ideas of others match my own or how they differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
No, it is not anyone's job to decide who is a true Christian or not. Each person must figure that out on their own and God will be their Judge.

However, if you do not follow the Bible in it's entirety, then you can start dismissing whatever you want.... then Christianity for that person would be a big waste of time.

Again, God will judge you. If you think you can trick God by dismissing parts of His Words and Commandments, then you go reight ahead.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times
Quote:
If you train a child in the ways of God, the Bible says he will not depart from it.

So, if he departs from it, is the Bible wrong?

No one could know if someone has actually departed from the Bible (sometimes even the person himself). In the last parting breath there could be a cry out to God.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
God said?

God did not write the book of Luke, and Romans and Corinthians are LETTERS that were written by PAUL not GOD.
Yes Paul wrote it but GOD said it. Those are God's words, Paul just wrote them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality