Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,909,633 times

Advertisements

all of the Bible is the word of God, written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with the help of men

Old 04-26-2007, 02:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
You probably don't even laugh at the corny lines in "The Ten Commandments".

Old 04-26-2007, 02:31 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
all of the Bible is the word of God, written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with the help of men
I agree 100%! It is God's Word!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
I don't mean to sound disrespectful of your beliefs, nor am I trying to be facetious, but when you say that all of the Bible is the word of God, etc., that appears to be a little hard to line up with Paul's letters to the different churches. In many, if not most, he ends the letters with greetings to other believers. Just simple greetings, and salutations, nothing more, (Romans, chapter 16 comes to mind). No different than if you or I were writing to a friend.

Also, in I Corinthians, chapter 7, where he talks about husbands and wives coming together, sexually, there is an interesting sidenote, if you will, from Paul. Verse 6-12, where he specifically states that he wishes other men could be like him, (unmarried/celibate)), and he very clearly says throughout these verses, (namely , versese 6, 10, & 12), that what he is saying are his ideas, not God's commands. Somehow, that doesn't sound like an inspiration of God, or God's word. It simply sounds like a human being putting out his own thoughts. (Kind of like we all do here, on the forum).

Obviously, these are only two examples, (though, they are not the only places that I have noticed something odd), and I'm sure you can come up with an argument to disprove what I am saying, but that's okay. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You obviously are very strong in your faith, and that's fine, but, after I stepped away from the church, and began to do my own investigating, researching, studying, and yes, praying, my own conclusion is, that the Bible cannot all be God's word. And, no, I'm not saying I'm any kind of an expert. This is just my own personal opinion.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM

Paul also says it is better to be single than to be married.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Are the Christians that presently acknowledge the rights of homosexuals, even at the risk of separation from their leadership--Lutherans, Episcopals, and others, not following the bible? And are they not Christians?
As far as rights as human beings I will pass on commenting on because I'd probably contradict myself or put my foot in my mouth as I often do. (contradict myself that is ) But IMO no they are not Christians if they are condoning the act of homosexuality because they are not following the Bible and I don't believe you can really be a Christian if you do not fully follow Cod's word. Now I know you can (and many people do) twist the words as far as homosexuality to make the meaning different and therefore justify what you are doing. But God's word on this subject is as plain as plain can be and there's no misinterpreting His meaning. (in my humble opinion )

Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM

then they would not be in the word of God. Why would Paul carry out the word and work of God and it not be the truth of the Holy spirit? why would the word be written by an apostle of Jesus to just not be true? it is illogical. So why would any of it be true?

Jesus christ is either the Lord, a liar or a mad man. Paul states clearly he is an apostle of the Lord giveing the word and He points out where it is a command of God, as in the case of Ye must be born again to enter the Kinddom of God and 'I wish you were like me (unmarried and celibate to focusing soley on God and not have responsibilities to wife and kids). which is his feelings. Still that has nothing to do with Gods word not being Gods word.

The Bible is the Word of God, as it states in John 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and teh word was God.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:36 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
Thanks dreameyes for your response. I know we've, that is some on the forum, have debated back and forth on some of the issues--I just am still trying to get some more clarity, and all the answers help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
As far as rights as human beings I will pass on commenting on because I'd probably contradict myself or put my foot in my mouth as I often do. (contradict myself that is ) But IMO no they are not Christians if they are condoning the act of homosexuality because they are not following the Bible and I don't believe you can really be a Christian if you do not fully follow Cod's word. Now I know you can (and many people do) twist the words as far as homosexuality to make the meaning different and therefore justify what you are doing. But God's word on this subject is as plain as plain can be and there's no misinterpreting His meaning. (in my humble opinion )

Old 04-26-2007, 03:38 PM

These women here are twisting the word of God and trying to preach and make biblical pronouncements. Please be silent and shame-faced as the scriptures direct.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:41 PM

no not for non believers they are to do it in the church before the Lord and since you are not supporting fellow christians and women then i dont think they are called to do that for you, lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality