Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:16 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times

Advertisements

As part of the belief that we live multiple lives, and in each learn more wisdom from the realities of life, there is the old soul. It is not a soul that has gained all wisdom and has had its last life. It is one that has been reborn many times, suffered and learned and loved and discovered truths that only come in time. It is said that some children are recognizable by the way they seem to see more than others.

People come to those with old souls, talk about things they would not to others. There is more balance, and abiltiy to listen. Most have been told they are old souls by more than one, and there is something you feel within yourself that tells you you are to some degree apart.

I have always seen beyond, and never quite belonged. I see existance as something which is part the now, the streets and buildings and rules of this world, and in part another one of energies and spirit and unconnected to the physical as the "now" world defines it.

In the last year I have met someone who connected deeply in an empathic way, the first time I have "felt" anyone who felt back. The spiritual awareness that has come from opening this door has let me see what has been hidden for so long. I am still learning how to see. Before there were moments I could see beyond, but only mist. Now it is beginning to clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 14,092 times
I have been told by many that i have an old soul!! And i am way to empathetic! Some people i just cant stand to be within yards of them they drain me!

Old 12-20-2008, 03:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
As part of the belief that we live multiple lives, and in each learn more wisdom from the realities of life, there is the old soul. It is not a soul that has gained all wisdom and has had its last life. It is one that has been reborn many times, suffered and learned and loved and discovered truths that only come in time. It is said that some children are recognizable by the way they seem to see more than others.

People come to those with old souls, talk about things they would not to others. There is more balance, and abiltiy to listen. Most have been told they are old souls by more than one, and there is something you feel within yourself that tells you you are to some degree apart.

I have always seen beyond, and never quite belonged. I see existance as something which is part the now, the streets and buildings and rules of this world, and in part another one of energies and spirit and unconnected to the physical as the "now" world defines it.

In the last year I have met someone who connected deeply in an empathic way, the first time I have "felt" anyone who felt back. The spiritual awareness that has come from opening this door has let me see what has been hidden for so long. I am still learning how to see. Before there were moments I could see beyond, but only mist. Now it is beginning to clear.
I believe in this too. I am pretty sure that I am in my 8th incarnation, which I do not consider to be an "old soul" yet, but I am getting better! LOL

I have known people, very young people even who are very "different" in an old soul kind of way. But you have to be open enough to be able to recognize it yourself. Some people, my father for instance, is just the opposite. He has a very, very long road ahead of him. LOL

Isn't it wonderful that we have so many opportunities to learn and eventually get it right?

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-20-2008, 04:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Evidently I carry an old soul..I have a feeling people sometimes see me and think "Poor old soul"

Old 12-20-2008, 04:24 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissgail View Post
I have been told by many that i have an old soul!! And i am way to empathetic! Some people i just cant stand to be within yards of them they drain me!
Yes, empathy is this double edged sword. There was the woman at the bus stop, this quiet and withdrawn woman with a maybe ten year old kid who sat next to me No one took notice but I could feel this intense darkness about her and see this dark cloud... it was so intense that I moved to the other end of the terminal. The sense of darkness was empathic, but the feel of doom was more. I believe it was about her impending death. Still gives me a shiver to think about it.

And then there is my friend... a he. I'm female. We met in a chat room, and though neither of us ever did private chats on the first meeting we ended up in a long conversation and both felt this "pull". We're long past that now. He calls me daily, or we chat voice online. The day before yesterday we talked over six hours. We aren't romantic and while we refer to it as being best friends its way way beyond that. No name for it, but save for the relationship with my mom or my son (which are different) I've never been so close to anyone and felt such deep a connection. But we have long been a part of each other and are only now finding the other in this lifetime.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
nightbird, I am an Elder of the Tsalagi, I am an ancient spirit, my spirit has been here through many lifetimes and I know each and every lifetime and it goes back to the beginning of time itself, so yes I have an ancient spirit.osay

Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
When my daughter was born and I saw her for the first time, all I could think was "Hello again". It was like I knew her and we were picking up where we left off. In the days after her birth, several people commented that she had an old soul. She's 11 now and has proven over and over to be beyond her years in many areas, empathy being one of them. However, she is naive in one area. She can't understand why people aren't just naturally kind to oneanother. In her mind, that is how it should be and she can't think of it any other way. I don't worry about what she will choose to do but I do worry about someone evil taking advantage of her. She deosn't see evil for what it is. She looks for good.

Among the strange things she's told me is her story of how she picked me as her mom. From about the time she was 1 1/2 until she was about 3, she'd tell me about life before she was born and how she picked me as her mom. She doesn't remember any of this now but her "memories" were vividly described. She talked very well, very early and talked about things well beyond her years.

She reminds me of my grandmother. Wise with a strong sense of right and wrong and by golly, you'd better follow that . When our cat broke her leg, the first thing she did was run upstairs, empty her piggy bank (she had about $300 saved over years) and try to give it to me. It was not a question of whether or not we'd get the cat's leg fixed but of how we'd pay for it in her mind.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 12-20-2008 at 07:51 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 09:27 PM

414 posts, read 776,777 times
Arrow Revel(l)ations ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Evidently I carry an old soul..I have a feeling people sometimes see me and think "Poor old soul"

Heartfelt sympathies, forever-young BLUE!
Where I live, most people appear to get on each others' nerves with such considerations ....
Oftentimes I doubt the connections, sorry to say.

Trying a Japanese , all the same.

YouTube - Bolero - Ravel Pt.1

Old 12-20-2008, 10:34 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
I've never believed in reincarnation, even though our mom used to teach it to us. Then when I became a Christian at the age of 30 I read in the Bible that it is appointed unto man, once, to die. It confirmed it for me--as much as one can be confirmed of such things while still in this body. And thank God, literally, b'c I don't know how I could go on knowing I'd have to come back to this place. In all the universe-or multiverse--I know there are better places to be and much higher plains.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I've never believed in reincarnation, even though our mom used to teach it to us. Then when I became a Christian at the age of 30 I read in the Bible that it is appointed unto man, once, to die. It confirmed it for me--as much as one can be confirmed of such things while still in this body. And thank God, literally, b'c I don't know how I could go on knowing I'd have to come back to this place. In all the universe-or multiverse--I know there are better places to be and much higher plains.
That is kind of a funny post in a way, because reincarnation is about reaching higher plains (even though, I understand you are talking about heaven, in your context).

I am told that in early Christian teachings, reincarnation was accepted by the church, but somewhere along the way, someone decided to remove any references to it. If the Bible is the inspired word of God, He must be very disappointed that so many people have re-written it to suit their own purposes.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality