Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:39 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,586,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That is kind of a funny post in a way, because reincarnation is about reaching higher plains (even though, I understand you are talking about heaven, in your context).

I am told that in early Christian teachings, reincarnation was accepted by the church, but somewhere along the way, someone decided to remove any references to it. If the Bible is the inspired word of God, He must be very disappointed that so many people have re-written it to suit their own purposes.

20yrsinBranson
I've heard that too but been unable to unearth documentation. You wouldn't have any references, would you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,027,351 times
I think the older the soul, the more calm and resolute the person. My son, who died young at the age of 30, was always in a hurry, always rushing to get things done and accomplish what he wanted to do. He had little patience for people who he said "Didn't get it". I think his soul was very young and knew that it had so much yet to learn, and it knew it would not be lingering long this time around. At least, that's how it seems to me.

On the other hand, I have an 11-year-old grandson who is already so calm and all-knowing it gives me goosebumps. The words and thoughts that come from him often leave me speechless...his soul must be very old and knowledgable, indeed.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM

321 posts, read 921,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
As part of the belief that we live multiple lives, and in each learn more wisdom from the realities of life, there is the old soul. It is not a soul that has gained all wisdom and has had its last life. It is one that has been reborn many times, suffered and learned and loved and discovered truths that only come in time. It is said that some children are recognizable by the way they seem to see more than others.

People come to those with old souls, talk about things they would not to others. There is more balance, and abiltiy to listen. Most have been told they are old souls by more than one, and there is something you feel within yourself that tells you you are to some degree apart.

I have always seen beyond, and never quite belonged. I see existance as something which is part the now, the streets and buildings and rules of this world, and in part another one of energies and spirit and unconnected to the physical as the "now" world defines it.

In the last year I have met someone who connected deeply in an empathic way, the first time I have "felt" anyone who felt back. The spiritual awareness that has come from opening this door has let me see what has been hidden for so long. I am still learning how to see. Before there were moments I could see beyond, but only mist. Now it is beginning to clear.
Although I do not feel I am an old soul, I do believe I have been through many lifetimes already. I have visited new places and felt like I was "home". Knew where I was going instinctively when driving around - deja vu as some may call it. I have several people in my life that I know I have known before. Two in particular where the connection is quite intense and was so from the very moment we met. It's a wonderful feeling to meet someone new and look in their eyes and see someone familiar in there.

We are all part of the same energy force that binds us and connects us. If more people could step past the blinders of their own mind and understand this, the world might be a more joyful place.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:23 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,295,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post
Although I do not feel I am an old soul, I do believe I have been through many lifetimes already. I have visited new places and felt like I was "home". Knew where I was going instinctively when driving around - deja vu as some may call it. I have several people in my life that I know I have known before. Two in particular where the connection is quite intense and was so from the very moment we met. It's a wonderful feeling to meet someone new and look in their eyes and see someone familiar in there.

We are all part of the same energy force that binds us and connects us. If more people could step past the blinders of their own mind and understand this, the world might be a more joyful place.
I have a friend I met online a year ago. We have yet to meet in person but he is the closest friend I have ever had... I can't explain it other than this is not the first lifetime we've met and there has already been much caring. I believe we are soul mates.

All my life that I can remember people have been telling me things, even strangers. I listen. I just kind of have to. I can't explain why. I feel like I'm not quite fully a part of here. That I belong but not just, like there is more that not everyone can see.

And yes, if only people could look past the blinders. We ALL share so much more than we are different and miss so much of the beauty because we are so busy looking out for "them".

Old 12-24-2008, 01:36 PM

917 posts, read 2,301,310 times
Yes.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,010,226 times
I see it as we are all "old souls" although, I do view a difference between soul and spirit, so I'll use the term spirit. I see all as spirit, as old as infinity, our spirit has always been and will always be. There are those who come into this realm retaining old lessons, (old souls), but most come into the realm with a case of amnesia. To me, the "soul" is how you manifest your spirit, but spirit always is present even if one isn't not aware of it.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,025,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That is kind of a funny post in a way, because reincarnation is about reaching higher plains (even though, I understand you are talking about heaven, in your context).

I am told that in early Christian teachings, reincarnation was accepted by the church, but somewhere along the way, someone decided to remove any references to it. If the Bible is the inspired word of God, He must be very disappointed that so many people have re-written it to suit their own purposes.

20yrsinBranson
Thank you. I'm glad I could amuse you with my personal beliefs.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,967,262 times
I've been told i'm an old soul since I was a little kid, both by my family and psychics (a very few select good ones who have read me). I can also sense spirits around me, always know what people around me are feeling, can see into other dimensions (It sounds bizarre to me too, trust me. And no, I'm not on any hallucinogens lol ). I'm starting to believe it more and more.

Last edited by Rachael84; 12-25-2008 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,655,007 times
Also was told I am an "old soul", by a kung fu "master". Knew him only a few months, but he had a profound impact on my life.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,843,589 times
What is The problem with the old soul of Good Will. Is that the condition that the fellowman is to be avoided, or accepted as a fellow citizen? Stupid, the old soul was the easy acceptance of the Fellowman captioned in the escape from the centre of the Earth: his skeletal finger points the direction to the giant cement dish where the volcano rumbles YOU out to the service.

It taught me: there is not enough trust for your fellowman in the world today. Our blood teaches us to return to our own kind. But that makes the good will necessary for the stranger in the mean time. And there are so many symbolic standards and systems to judge strange neighbours by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality