Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I don't define God. I take him at his word.
Sorry . . . but you take the word and descriptions of primitive savages from two millennia ago. That is the problem . . . it is barely more acceptable than taking a caveman's word for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,067,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry . . . but you take the word and descriptions of primitive savages from two millennia ago. That is the problem . . . it is barely more acceptable than taking a caveman's word for anything.

I'm thinking you really need to do a little research on the Bible before you speak any more about it. you're embarrassing yourself.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Neither one of us is going to budge on this, so you just sleep peacefully knowing I'm going to YOUR Hell, ok? As are everyone else that doesn't believe in YOUR Jesus, God, or Satan.
Well supernerdgirl, Jesus will never force you to go to heaven. Going to heaven or hell is a choice we all make on our own. However, in the afterlife, if you find that you are in a place of flames, and you then realize your going to be there for all eternity. Please don't fault Jesus. Remember, He tried to save you from that place.

"How shall they neglect so great a salvation?"

Jesus Christ

Old 01-07-2009, 09:04 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Actually, he HAS spoken to us through prophets, and through Christ. The question is if we're listening.
GOD it's self cannot "speak" in the human sense, but people can speak of it through the prophets and Christ could speak of it because he was of GOD, being the only begotten child of GOD on Earth.

The other prophets found GOD, while Christ was GOD finding us

Quote:
And, no. When confronted with a Holy and Just God, I doubt very much that he would call it nirvana. As a man like everyone else, that would be a dreadful and terrifying thing.
Yes, Yaldabaoth is indeed terrifying, but in the end, he is nothing. Just looking at all the things he has done through the ages and this prison of reality he and his accomplises has forced us to inhabit, and one has to conclude that he if far from "Holy and Just".

Quote:
The only difference is that I've got Christ between me and the vengeance of God.
Chirst leads us away from the vengeful, cruel lord Satan and points the inner path towards the Light of the loving GOD.

Quote:
He who will receive that light will not be seen, nor can he be detained. And none shall be able to torment a person like this, even while he dwells in the world. And again when he leaves the world, he has already received the truth in the images. The world has become the Aeon (eternal realm), for the Aeon is fullness for him. This is the way it is: it is revealed to him alone, not hidden in the darkness and the night, but hidden in a perfect day and a holy light.

-The Gospel of Philip

Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Neither one of us is going to budge on this, so you just sleep peacefully knowing I'm going to YOUR Hell, ok? As are everyone else that doesn't believe in YOUR Jesus, God, or Satan.

Thank you for making the distinction. The Christ I know would never condemn someone to hell over a theological despute.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:40 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Thank you for making the distinction. The Christ I know would never condemn someone to hell over a theological despute.
Total rejection of Jesus Christ is a little more than a theological despute.
It is the rejection of the only avenue that God has provided us to be saved.

Those who reject Christ do condemn themselves.
No man comes unto the Father but by me. Quoted by Jesus Christ.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Total rejection of Jesus Christ is a little more than a theological despute.
It is the rejection of the only avenue that God has provided us to be saved.

Those who reject Christ do condemn themselves.
No man comes unto the Father but by me. Quoted by Jesus Christ.
You are correct, Campell.

It may be a hard thing for some to accept or even understand,
but it is written:
"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already,
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light,
for their deeds were evil.

John 3:18,19

Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Sadly there are outside clean decent sincere people who have a hard time accepting Christ, as is noted by this famous person's observation.
Quote:
Mohandus K Ghandi

"I like your Christ. I just don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."
Not a real tuffy to understand what he meant here, especially since he was dealing first hand with a so-called Christian nation whose abuse of their fellow man was so un-christ-like.

A famous conversation between the Hindu leader Mohandus K Ghandi and British Viceroy of India, Lord Irwin when he asked Ghandi what he thought would solve the problems between Great Britain and India. Ghandi picked up a bible and opened it to the fifth chaper of Matthew and said:
Quote:
"When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in his Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the world."
Unfortunately most outsiders have never seen these so-called Christian nations actually put the Sermon on the Mount teachings into practice.

Last edited by bluepacific; 01-08-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Sadly there are outside clean decent sincere people who have a hard time accepting Christ, as is noted by this famous person's observation.Not a real tuffy to understand what he meant here, especially since he was dealing first hand with a so-called Christian nation whose abuse of their fellow man was so un-christ-like.

A famous conversation between the Hindu leader Mohandus K Ghandi and British Viceroy of India, Lord Irwin when he asked Ghandi what he thought would solve the problems between Great Britain and India. Ghandi picked up a bible and opened it to the fifth chaper of Matthew and said:Unfortunately most outsiders have never seen these so-called Christian nations actually put the Sermon on the Mount teachings into practice.
Since Gandhi did not accept christ as his savior, he should now (according to some) be in hell ... poor guy! Serves him right -that peacemonger.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Since Gandhi did not accept christ as his savior, he should now (according to some) be in hell ... poor guy! Serves him right -that peacemonger.
Unfortunately for those who believe in the hatred doctrine, there's no such thing. Just the common grave of mankind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality