Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:35 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Again MZJAMIEDAWN, people "higher than thou" take jabs at people they feel are "lesser" than them. I didn't state what my preference was for a reason. As far as you are concerned I could be hippie pot smoking Manson follower...or tree hugging pagan....either way...you seem like a hypocrite...IMO only.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion! I think it's funny that I'm a hypocrit, when all I did was answer his question, but hey, to each his own.

ETA: I'm confused. Why would you bring up you not stating your preference? I didn't ask your preference, nor said anything about it. ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 08:37 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I do love smiles!

The Quran and Buddhism (can Buddhism even be considered the word of God?) is not the "word of God" because the Bible is, and the Quran and teachings of Buddhism contradict the Bible.
so in other words they are words of lies!! right. now convince me the word of the bible is the truth and not like the other religions.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so in other words they are words of lies!! right. now convince me the word of the bible is the truth and not like the other religions.
Right. It is not my job to convince you. You need to read it yourself and decide for yourself.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Right. It is not my job to convince you. You need to read it yourself and decide for yourself.
i've already tryed it just does not make any sence genisis sounds like a faity tail to me...so that bible must not have much power!!!!! i had it in my hands and it did nothing to pull me to the true words of the bigggggggggggggggggg goddddddddddddddddddd.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i've already tryed it just does not make any sence genisis sounds like a faity tail to me...so that bible must not have much power!!!!! i had it in my hands and it did nothing to pull me to the true words of the bigggggggggggggggggg goddddddddddddddddddd.
It must not for you.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
In the 1600 and 1800s, Christians wrote books about Bible prophecies. And according to their understanding of the Bible. Jesus Christ could not return to earth until the Jewish people (FIRST) returned to the land of Israel from a worldwide exile, and retook Jerusalem. They stated that their return will create such tension in the world, the one of the last great wars on earth, will be for the control of Jerusalem. It appears these Christians did not find the prophecies of the Bible vague at all. I believe in the stated truth, and it is obvious these Christians did not have a problem with the prophecies of the Bible. Only today do we see people making the claim that the prophecies are to vague. It is from past Christian accounts that we can be certain, that the Scriptures are accurate. And a clear reading of the Scriptures today, will reveal our future to come. However, if your a skeptic, it is doubtful you would understand. The Bible states that the natural man would not understand the things of the Spirit, because they are Spiritually discerned.
Evangelical Christians are actually supporting war in the Middle East just to fulfill these prophesies! These Christians apparently lack faith if they believe they have to support war, human suffering, and genocide in order to fulfill the bibles prophesies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/wa.../14israel.html

Fundamentalists are especially in a hurry for this because of a prophesy that states the generation that sees Israel become a nation again, will see these things come to pass.

Quote:
Question: "Will the generation that saw Israel re-formed as a nation still be alive for the Second Coming?"

Answer: This concept is usually drawn from Matthew 24:34, “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.†The previous verses, Matthew 24:1-33, describe end-times events in relation to Israel. As a result, some interpreters thought that the end times would begin when Israel was “reconstituted†as a nation (which happened in 1948). However, as more and more time passed from 1948, the time span of a “generation†began to lengthen and lengthen. It has now been nearly 60 years – which is far beyond any standard definition of a generation.
https://www.gotquestions.org/Israel-generation.html

Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,322 times
*rolls eyes* And now I remember why I don't associate myself with religion.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM

Edited: Changed my mind. I don't even care.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Evangelical Christians are actually supporting war in the Middle East just to fulfill these prophesies! These Christians apparently lack faith if they believe they have to support war, human suffering, and genocide in order to fulfill the bibles prophesies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/wa.../14israel.html

Fundamentalists are especially in a hurry for this because of a prophesy that states the generation that sees Israel become a nation again, will see these things come to pass.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Israel-generation.html
Well there is a bit more to this. A generation as worked out by the end of daze folk was 40 years (but that changes)

The so called lost/last generation of Daniel is the 50th or jubilee generation and thus we had

1948 + 40 = 1988 FAIL jubilee generation must be 50
1948 + 50 = 1998 FAIL

In Luke is a verse of when you see Jerusalem surrounded.. so the 1967 war in Israel was IT

1967 + 40 = 2007 FAIL
1967 + 50 = 2017 We shall see.

But the whole 1948 remains key and thus by 2017, folk born in 1948; in 2017 will be 69 or dead or very few left.

2012 is the latest fill in date.

So by 2048, most will be dead thus either the end of daze will be over or they will have invented some new concept.

All very easy when the folk have flexi-preferential time lines and generation lengths. Whatever pays the rent.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
*rolls eyes* And now I remember why I don't associate myself with religion.
but you could except that there is a god in your own mind... and not have to associate it with religious writings from some old scriptures. just ask the creator himself to give you signs. it works for me. you never know he just might change you mind..god does not have to give out signs but if you ask you might receive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality