Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times

Advertisements

Many threads and posters claim that various events were predicted in the bible. But has the bible predicted any atrocities committed by christians. I’d like specifics such as the Inquisition, witch hunts and burnings, religious cleansings, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,399,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Many threads and posters claim that various events were predicted in the bible. But has the bible predicted any atrocities committed by christians. I’d like specifics such as the Inquisition, witch hunts and burnings, religious cleansings, etc.
Yes, it foretold the great apostacy after the death of the apostles. That indeed did happen around the very end of the second century and right through the 3rd & 4th centuries. All the things you hate and don't believe so much like Immortality of the soul, Trinity, Hellfire and Damnation, Religious warfare, ungodly ecclesiastical hierarchy, sticking nose into politics all of these crept into Christianity after the death of the apostles. Then there appears to be that long marriage of religion in bed with your secularism that compounded things and made them far worse for our planet.

But that's soon to change. The author of the bible is going to put his thought in the hearts (seat of motivation) of the supporters of Secularist governments to clean house and give religion in general a thorough thrashing. After that he'll dump on all of secularism and finally this planet Earth will be able to start the healing process.

Not really what you wanted to hear was it ???

Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Yes, it foretold the great apostacy after the death of the apostles. That indeed did happen around the very end of the second century and right through the 3rd & 4th centuries. All the things you hate and don't believe so much like Immortality of the soul, Trinity, Hellfire and Damnation, Religious warfare, ungodly ecclesiastical hierarchy, sticking nose into politics all of these crept into Christianity after the death of the apostles. Then there appears to be that long marriage of religion in bed with your secularism that compounded things and made them far worse for our planet.

But that's soon to change. The author of the bible is going to put his thought in the hearts (seat of motivation) of the supporters of Secularist governments to clean house and give religion in general a thorough thrashing. After that he'll dump on all of secularism and finally this planet Earth will be able to start the healing process.

wow!
there is an amazing "comfort" radiating from the courage of such outspokenness.

no further need to deny that perception.

thank you.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post

After I arrive in hell I will make it a point to send you a postcard of satan laughing as I sizzle in the fires!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
After I arrive in hell I will make it a point to send you a postcard of satan laughing as I sizzle in the fires!
That would be impossible since there is no such a place. It's called a mythology!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I was wondering if the bible is true about everything as the christians claim. Apparently, not.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I was wondering if the bible is true about everything as the christians claim. Apparently, not.
Yes apparently not. So since there is no god/s and the bible isn't real, our world's damaged condition can only rightly be blamed on evolution.

I know, it's not how you wanted this thread to go down.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:

Can I get one, too?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Can I get one, too?
Sure can. But that is not the reason of this thread. I would rather see the bible put to the test for accuracy about predicting future events.
The christians always claim that the bible is true and accurate in prophesy, but only if they gain the advantage. If the bible doesn't predict atrocities committed centuries later, it's accuracy loses credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality