Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM

177 posts, read 381,520 times

Advertisements

If he loves GOD as he says.. then he just needs to follow HIS will and Word ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I know it may seem that I'm talking about myself, but believe me when I say I'm doing this for my friend. We've been friends for a while, and I try my best to help him out in any way I can. I just wish I could relate to him more and understand what he's going through better.
Okay, I believe you. It's just that sometimes people are afraid to admit something about themselves, and so they say it is about a "friend". But it's all cool...I'll accept what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
The question I really want to ask that no one has an answer to is: WHY? Of all the things a person has to go through, why would God put this type of pain upon anyone? I see how he struggles... And I wish there was something I, or anyone, could do for him.
Okay, you need to stop right there. Chicago, it's obvious you truly care for and love your friend, but you are NOT going to be able to do anything for him. That may sound hard, but it's the absolute truth. The reason is because you don't experience the reality of a homosexual orientation for yourself, and so you are not even remotely equipped for being able to do anything for him.

I don't know how to say all that I want to say without this post turning into a huge novel. But suffice it to say, I have been exactly where your friend is. I struggled for YEARS with the question of "Why". And you want to know what the ultimate answer was? "It doesn't matter why." The question of "why" is irrelevant. What IS relevant is this: "I simply am this way, and there's nothing I'm going to be able to do to change it. I've tried and tried, and nothing has worked. Not prayer, not repression of my feelings, not the responses of ignorant fundamentalists in an internet message board, not a thousand books about the subject, not a myriad of different theological viewpoints in the church." It was absolutely FUTILE trying to find the answer for "WHY?"

If your friend trusts God, then he is going to need to trust Him enough to guide him in his life. Period. YOU stay out of the search for "WHY". Just love him and be there for him, but don't pretend to give him answers you just don't have and which no one else can give to you, or to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You can ask the same questions regarding alcoholics, or meth addicts, or anyone that has sex outside of marriage...any of a number of behaviors that are immoral and that society condemns.

Bottom line is that if he cares what God thinks of him he needs to abstain from doing the behavior.
If the yearning of your heart was to intimately bond with the opposite sex, could you abstain from that and direct that yearning toward someone of the same sex? Have you tried? Has the craving for a human touch and the soul-to-soul connection with someone else ever been so strong in your life that you found it hard to resist seeking out someone to love and hold onto? (Those are NOT rhetorical questions. I'd really like an answer.) Perhaps the next time you feel those things - those longings and yearnings - you should try to repress them. Not just for a few hours or a few days. But I mean really push them down for a great number of years. Deny them and allow yourself to feel the utter despair and sadness that accompanies doing that...and then come back into the boards and tell us what that experience was like for you. Until that time, you really are quite ignorant about this subject and it's so unbelievably obvious that you don't know a THING about what you're talking about regarding homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
1. I didn't compare you to anyone. If you choose to self-identify as a homosexual, that's your choice.

You may not have bad teeth, diseases, drugs, etc that a drug addict does, but the desires are probably pretty similar.

I've talked to many gay people that tell me that they don't choose their attraction. Likewise, a drug addict or alcoholic will tell you that they can't stop if they want to.
Oh yeah, that's it, kdbrich. We gays are so addicted to men that we crave a sex fix every night. Score!

You have GOT to get past your illusions about this subject. It's really quite amusing sometimes to read these kinds of posts from people who think it's all about sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
He has another option - reject fundamentalist control freaks and live his life!
For real! I finally did and feel so much better about it. It's amazing the amount of bondage and burden that gets placed upon people by fundamentalist beliefs!

Last edited by aquila; 05-01-2009 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
#22 Today, 03:26 PM
Reverend1111
befriend
Status: "Got to keep the loonies on their path" (set 29 days ago) Join Date: Dec 2008
651 posts, read 69,384 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark

Please clarify what type of Reverend you are, the belief in a dual soul is in direct contradiction to Christianity and is not supported by the scriptures.
Please point to ANY scripture where God creates a "soul" that is twofold and then does the things you claim.

Yes, he is a child of God and God does love him, however God will love you and shed a tear as he condenms you to Hell for living in your sins!!

This is what some will refuse to accept, God can not lie, and he has already told us the wages of Sin are death, physical and spiritual!!

Being homosexual is his cross to bear, his only alternative is not to practise it or dwell on it mentally.

The single heterosexual or married person who commits adultery is going to the same Hell as the one that practices homosexuality.

But back to you, please expound on this dual soul doctrine you have.

Sorry you disagree with what I believe to be true.
I'm a Divine Love Christian who follows the true teachings of Jesus. God created the soul two-fold. It splits in half in the spirit world, awaiting to incarnate.
No, your bible doesn't say that anywhere because it wasn't known when the bible was written. Sorry that you can't grasp that religion must progress in order to be real. The bible is stagnating souls as they adhere to false beliefs and barbarian ways of thinking.
Just think, the very first real humans, prior to Adam and Eve, were twins! Just imagine what that makes you.

My beliefs are just as good as anyone elses so don't bash them. You believe what you want and let others believe in what they want.

Gays and lesbians are just as much children of God as straight people. You are believing what fools want you to believe.

[+] Rate this post positively

OK, just to address your rant let me point out the obvious things you missed that even my eight year old daughter could figure out!!!

There are many sects or denominations in Christianity, they are all tied together by the belief that the bible is divinely inspired and without fault, simply faulty interpretation, so when you claim a holy book prior to the bible you have instantly separated yourself from Christianity and I do believe this is the CHRISTIANITY sub section not ALL OTHER RELIGION section correct??!!

To you the Holy Bible is full of false beliefs and barbaric ways of thinking, but you are a...Christian???

There were twins on the planet before Adam and Eve....really????

God makes ONE soul that splits in TWO and battles for the fetus??? ... sounds like schizophrenia!!!!

You follow the "true" teachings of Jesus... so the rest of us Christians are the confused ones????

Get with me tomorrow I'll need that much time to make up the "reconmark stomp the bible true faith religion" and we can compare notes!!!! We'll probably have much in common then!!!!

Now,if you wanted to be truly mature you would see that in my original post I asked you "to clarify" what type of "Reverend" you were because your statement contradicted Christianity.

You could have respectfully replied, "Yes, reconmark my interpretation of Christianity is different than yours because I'm a Reverend of this denomination and we believe in etc..etc
I asked you to "expound" on the "dual soul doctrine" you have so that I could be more informed of it.

Nowhere was there an attack, bash, or ANY other derogatory sentence sent your way.
However you seem delighted in attacking me, the bible, and everyone else who believes in that Bible.

Honestly I think you're one of those people who would make up any false doctrine simply for the sake of having a congregation if in fact you have one!!

Where can this false beliefs, barbaric Christian go on line to research and study this book that was written before the bible, where is your doctrinal message located, who is the originator of your church????

This "false beliefs, barbaric Christian" would like to know.

I can agree to disagree with anyone and I thought I set that tone, you chose to become confrontational and antagonistic.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth over this, you said what you said and so did I.

If there is documentation to back up your assertions let's see them, I'll read them.
If you can't find anything, I'll understand.

Last edited by reconmark; 05-01-2009 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
#22 Today, 03:26 PM
Reverend1111
befriend
Status: "Got to keep the loonies on their path" (set 29 days ago) Join Date: Dec 2008
651 posts, read 69,384 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark

Please clarify what type of Reverend you are, the belief in a dual soul is in direct contradiction to Christianity and is not supported by the scriptures.
Please point to ANY scripture where God creates a "soul" that is twofold and then does the things you claim.

Yes, he is a child of God and God does love him, however God will love you and shed a tear as he condenms you to Hell for living in your sins!!

This is what some will refuse to accept, God can not lie, and he has already told us the wages of Sin are death, physical and spiritual!!

Being homosexual is his cross to bear, his only alternative is not to practise it or dwell on it mentally.

The single heterosexual or married person who commits adultery is going to the same Hell as the one that practices homosexuality.

But back to you, please expound on this dual soul doctrine you have.

Sorry you disagree with what I believe to be true.
I'm a Divine Love Christian who follows the true teachings of Jesus. God created the soul two-fold. It splits in half in the spirit world, awaiting to incarnate.
No, your bible doesn't say that anywhere because it wasn't known when the bible was written. Sorry that you can't grasp that religion must progress in order to be real. The bible is stagnating souls as they adhere to false beliefs and barbarian ways of thinking.
Just think, the very first real humans, prior to Adam and Eve, were twins! Just imagine what that makes you.

My beliefs are just as good as anyone elses so don't bash them. You believe what you want and let others believe in what they want.

Gays and lesbians are just as much children of God as straight people. You are believing what fools want you to believe.
[+] Rate this post positively

OK, just to address your senseless and crybaby rant let me point out the obvious things you missed that even my eight year old daughter could figure out!!!

There are many sects or denominations in Christianity, they are all tied together by the belief that the bible is divinely inspired and without fault, simply faulty interpretation, so when you claim a holy book prior to the bible you have instantly separated yourself from Christianity and I do believe this is the CHRISTIANITY sub section not ALL OTHER RELIGION section correct??!!

To you the Holy Bible is full of false beliefs and barbaric ways of thinking, but you are a...Christian???

There were twins on the planet before Adam and Eve....really????

God makes ONE soul that splits in TWO and battles for the fetus??? ... sounds like schizophrenia!!!!

You follow the "true" teachings of Jesus... so the rest of us Christians are the confused ones????

Get with me tomorrow I'll need that much time to make up the "reconmark stomp the bible true faith religion" and we can compare notes!!!! We'll probably have much in common then!!!!

Now,if you wanted to be truly mature you would see that in my original post I asked you "to clarify" what type of "Reverend" you were because your statement contradicted Christianity.

You could have respectfully replied, "Yes, reconmark my interpretation of Christianity is different than yours because I'm a Reverend of this denomination and we believe in etc..etc
I asked you to "expound" on the "dual soul doctrine" you have so that I could be more informed of it.

Nowhere was there an attack, bash, or ANY other derogatory sentence sent your way.
However you seem delighted in attacking me, the bible, and everyone else who believes in that Bible.

Honestly I think you're one of those people who would make up any false doctrine simply for the sake of having a congregation if in fact you have one!!

Where can this false beliefs, barbaric Christian go on line to research and study this book that was written before the bible, where is your doctrinal message located, who is the originator of your church????

This "false beliefs, barbaric Christian" would like to know.

I can agree to disagree with anyone and I thought I set that tone, you chose to become confrontational and antagonistic.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth over this, you said what you said and so did I.

If there is documentation to back up your assertions let's see them, I'll read them.
If you can't find anything, I'll understand.
I thought you guys only used the Christian forum to argue about who is following the right brand of Christianity.

Don't push it out here. We see enough of it there.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
reconmark wrote:
Quote:

Oh, that's inspirational and full of wisdom. People just can't stop having human feelings. Think of it this way. Imagine that having heterosexual attractions was considered to be sinful and worthy of a ticket to hell. How many heterosexuals could just stop feeling that attraction? Probably none, I know I couldn't.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You Sir are totally right!!!!

Hell gladly awaits his free spiritness!!!
No it doesn't. That's just a load of crap that comes from the Sunday-morning witch doctors that you listen to.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
reconmark wrote:

Oh, that's inspirational and full of wisdom. People just can't stop having human feelings. Think of it this way. Imagine that having heterosexual attractions was considered to be sinful and worthy of a ticket to hell. How many heterosexuals could just stop feeling that attraction? Probably none, I know I couldn't.
Tell you what,let's not debate one another, let the scriptures guide us!!!

You are already told that the road to heaven is very narrow while the road to hell is much wider.

We need to get out of telling people what makes them feel good, and sends them to hell, and tell them the truth which is much less palatable, and get them eternal life!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 PM

QUOTE=nightflight;8609541]No it doesn't. That's just a load of crap that comes from the Sunday-morning witch doctors that you listen to.[/quote]

Whatever you say!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I thought you guys only used the Christian forum to argue about who is following the right brand of Christianity.

Don't push it out here. We see enough of it there.
I truely stand corrected!!!!

Some how I got this forum mixed up with the Christian forum.

You do have my apology.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You know, not to pick nits, but that's a highly offensive statement. You think the average gay guy is attracted to every male that walks the planet and approaches all males for sex? I'm gay and could easily walk though a packed gay bar and only find one, two, or even no men I was attracted to. Are heterosexual men attracted to all women? Or hetero women attracted to all men? NO! I think you're falling for the old stereotype that gay men are all extremely permiscuous.

As for his problem, sounds like his problem is that he was raised/lives in a fundamentalist environment. I'd suggest exploring other areas of Christianity, denominations that are accepting. And just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't be a parent. My partner and I have two children.
Sorry, you're right. I definitely do not think all gays throw themselves at any man that walks down the street. Guess I should have said something different .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality