Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 03:34 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Look it up
I did. I gave you my opinion. You said I was wrong about the context. How so?

Actually, I know you can't. You pulled out a few select verses to make an absurd point. I proved you wrong (it was quite easy). Now, you're stuck with no viable response.

I shall therefore leave all of you to bask in your atheism. My work here is done!

Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,417,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
im not anti gay but if i keep reading posts like this, well its just not helping friend, can you lighten up a bit.
There is no need to cater to your sensabilities.

Either you are for equality, compeltely neutral on the matter, or against basic equality.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Leviticus 26:29 'Further, you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters you will eat.

In a nutshell, God tells the Israelites that if they obey His laws, they will prosper. If not (some had been worshipping idols), He will make their life so miserable they will resort to eating their own children to survive.

The other passages are basically the same context.

23 " 'If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, 24 I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. 25 And I will bring the sword upon you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands. 26 When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied.
27 " 'If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. 31 I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings. 32 I will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled. 33 I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. 34 Then the land will enjoy its sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. 35 All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the sabbaths you lived in it. 36 " 'As for those of you who are left, I will make their hearts so fearful in the lands of their enemies that the sound of a windblown leaf will put them to flight. They will run as though fleeing from the sword, and they will fall, even though no one is pursuing them. 37 They will stumble over one another as though fleeing from the sword, even though no one is pursuing them. So you will not be able to stand before your enemies. 38 You will perish among the nations; the land of your enemies will devour you. 39 Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their fathers' sins they will waste away.

Weren't you the one who tried to claim that we wouldn't be punished for our sins on another thread?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:43 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,766 times
No Im anti-gay because of the natural idiocy of homosexuality.

1. Men and men cannot reproduce, nor can woman and woman
2. The anus was designed for releasing your waste, not for abusing the prostate. I wouldn't recommend anal sex even between a man or a woman.
3. Women have no way of having sex with one another through ANY natural means. They have to substitute for the male anatomy with toys.
4. I can go on however I don't want a ban from the mods of LIBERALDATA forum.......

Old 08-08-2009, 04:06 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
I did. I gave you my opinion. You said I was wrong about the context. How so?

Actually, I know you can't. You pulled out a few select verses to make an absurd point. I proved you wrong (it was quite easy). Now, you're stuck with no viable response.

I shall therefore leave all of you to bask in your atheism. My work here is done!
Wrong again, but by now you must be getting used to it....I guess if you were in a walled city under siege and were running short of food, you would be the type that would kill, cook and eat your children right?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,267,390 times
Quote:
Leviticus 26:29 'Further, you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters you will eat.

In a nutshell, God tells the Israelites that if they obey His laws, they will prosper. If not (some had been worshipping idols), He will make their life so miserable they will resort to eating their own children to survive.

The other passages are basically the same context.
The Westboro Baptist Church LOVES this passage.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
No Im anti-gay because of the natural idiocy of homosexuality.

1. Men and men cannot reproduce, nor can woman and woman
2. The anus was designed for releasing your waste, not for abusing the prostate. I wouldn't recommend anal sex even between a man or a woman.
3. Women have no way of having sex with one another through ANY natural means. They have to substitute for the male anatomy with toys.
4. I can go on however I don't want a ban from the mods of LIBERALDATA forum.......
Not every heterosexual person is fertile. Injuries or birth abnormalities can make people sterile. And some people CHOOSE to become sterile as well. And as usual, the anti-gay crowd can't get thier minds off of other people's intimate parts.

Sex is about pleasure first and foremost. Offspring are only a by product. Otherwise we wouldn't light up that smoke and be sexually satisfied until we knew we had created a baby.

Also, anal sex is a healthy activity if done correctly. It also ensures a complete lack of any chance to make a baby. By your phrasing of "liberaldata" (love how people complain, yet still post here) I will assume you are anti-choice where abortion is concerned as well. As usual, you people don't give a care about the "unborn baby", it's all about control.

Lastly, homosexuality is NOT just "about sex". Homosexuals seek the same exact things in a relationship that we heteroes do. Love, compassion, understanding, support, friendship, etc.

So do yourself a favor, and pay attention to your own crotch.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,207,193 times
Yes, I am anti gay marriage ( not anti-gay) and yes, my church is the same.

My position wouldbe the same if I were an atheist.

PERVERSION !

Old 08-08-2009, 04:38 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Yes, I am anti gay marriage ( not anti-gay) and yes, my church is the same.

My position wouldbe the same if I were an atheist.

PERVERSION !
Perversion you call it yet say you are not anti-gay,, the two dont work. And what will there marriage do to you?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,207,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Not every heterosexual person is fertile. Injuries or birth abnormalities can make people sterile. And some people CHOOSE to become sterile as well. And as usual, the anti-gay crowd can't get thier minds off of other people's intimate parts.

Sex is about pleasure first and foremost. Offspring are only a by product. Otherwise we wouldn't light up that smoke and be sexually satisfied until we knew we had created a baby.

Also, anal sex is a healthy activity if done correctly. It also ensures a complete lack of any chance to make a baby. By your phrasing of "liberaldata" (love how people complain, yet still post here) I will assume you are anti-choice where abortion is concerned as well. As usual, you people don't give a care about the "unborn baby", it's all about control.

Lastly, homosexuality is NOT just "about sex". Homosexuals seek the same exact things in a relationship that we heteroes do. Love, compassion, understanding, support, friendship, etc.

So do yourself a favor, and pay attention to your own crotch.
--anal sex is a healthy activity-

Gays is San Francisco believed that til the AIDS epedemic ran wild thru their gay community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality