Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Here we go again folks, get ready for the ride. Science has found the missing link (ONCE AGAIN). Now how many times have they brought out the brass band for this great announcement. It seems like it was just yesterday they were telling us that Lucy was the missing link, or was it Nebraska man, or Java man, or Neanderthal man ect.. And as with all the missing links, they just fade away. After 100 years of missing links, you would think the average Joe would begin to catch on to this endless charade. It seems like every 10 years or so the believers in Evolution make all these big claims on how Evolution has now been proven. And yet everytime this occurs, the excitement ends in a whimper, when the evidence is revealed to be either a fake, or misidentified. The Lemur Monkey will end up taking the same exit as Lucy, and it will join the growing group of other failed missing links. Yet don't worry, the Lemur Monkey will be replaced without any doubt, with another missing link to take it's place. This ride never ends.
I agree!

Lucy is just a monkey, This lemur is just a lemur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,314 times
Quote:
Here we go again folks, get ready for the ride. Science has found the missing link (ONCE AGAIN). Now how many times have they brought out the brass band for this great announcement. It seems like it was just yesterday they were telling us that Lucy was the missing link, or was it Nebraska man, or Java man, or Neanderthal man ect.. And as with all the missing links, they just fade away. After 100 years of missing links, you would think the average Joe would begin to catch on to this endless charade. It seems like every 10 years or so the believers in Evolution make all these big claims on how Evolution has now been proven. And yet everytime this occurs, the excitement ends in a whimper, when the evidence is revealed to be either a fake, or misidentified. The Lemur Monkey will end up taking the same exit as Lucy, and it will join the growing group of other failed missing links. Yet don't worry, the Lemur Monkey will be replaced without any doubt, with another missing link to take it's place. This ride never ends.
Somebody here hasn't read the thread. We've got an excellent explanation by GCSTroop here - not that I expect you to read it or accept it.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Real missing link - American Evangelist

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Somebody here hasn't read the thread. We've got an excellent explanation by GCSTroop here - not that I expect you to read it or accept it.
This is not the beginning, nor the end of some evolutionary chain. It is not a transional, and it certainly is not a missing link. It is a Lemur Monkey, and that is what it is. And it is obvious the believers in evolution are now grasping for straws, because the fossil record is bankrupted when it comes to supplying evidence supporting evolution. So now they want us to believe this monkey is part of their fictious evolutionary chain.
I'm going to be 59 years old in August, and for years I have had to watch this endless parade of nonsense. Suddenly someone makes the claim. "WE NOW HAVE FOUND THE MISSING LINK" Do you know how many times I have heard that stated over my lifetime. This whole evolution thing is such a sham and it never ends. It's like a broken record that will not stop. And everytime the evidence fails, the evolutionist run back to their closet and pull out some other poor dead creature and try to make him a missing link.

This happens all the time.

I can just imagine what occured when their last missing link failed.

"Ok you guys, well it looks like we were wrong again, but don't worry. Look, I got this dead monkey, this should hold the worlds attention for at least five years, and by then, will have another monkey to take his place." Oh, and don't forget to tell National Geographic, maybe they will put his picture on their front cover. LOL

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Suddenly someone makes the claim. "WE NOW HAVE FOUND THE MISSING LINK" Do you know how many times I have heard that stated over my lifetime. This whole evolution thing is such a sham and it never ends. It's like a broken record that will not stop. And everytime the evidence fails, the evolutionist run back to their closet and pull out some other poor dead creature and try to make it a missing link.
This is exactly why I think you did not read the thread. The term "missing link" has been used in different ways. It's not like scientists are always looking for the same "missing link".

Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM

33,547 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
This is not the beginning, nor the end of some evolutionary chain. It is not a transional, and it certainly is not a missing link. It is a Lemur Monkey, and that is what it is. And it is obvious the believers in evolution are now grasping for straws, because the fossil record is bankrupted when it comes to supplying evidence supporting evolution. So now they want us to believe this monkey is part of their fictious evolutionary chain.
I'm going to be 59 years old in August, and for years I have had to watch this endless parade of nonsense. Suddenly someone makes the claim. "WE NOW HAVE FOUND THE MISSING LINK" Do you know how many times I have heard that stated over my lifetime. This whole evolution thing is such a sham and it never ends. It's like a broken record that will not stop. And everytime the evidence fails, the evolutionist run back to their closet and pull out some other poor dead creature and try to make him a missing link.

I can just imagine what occured when their last missing link failed.

"Ok you guys, well it looks like we were wrong again, but don't worry. Look, I got this dead monkey, this should hold the worlds attention for at least five years, and by then, will have another monkey to take his place." Oh, and don't forget to tell National Geographic, maybe they will put his picture on their front cover. LOL

Your lack of knowledge of how evolution science works never fails to underwhelm me! Every fossil of an previously undiscovered creature is a missing link until it is found. You seem to have some idea that science thinks the discovery of this particular fossil will answer all questions about the ascent of humans to their present form. It doesn't, and is only one more link of many in the chain of our evolution. Many are still undiscovered.

I would advise you to learn at least a little about how this science works, so you can avoid looking like such a fool in the future.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
This is exactly why I think you did not read the thread. The term "missing link" has been used in different ways. It's not like scientists are always looking for the same "missing link".
What some scientist call it, and what others think about a missing link can be two different things. Yet the bottom line is the belief that man evolved from a lower life form. There is no evidence for this, only wild speculation. And todays science plays the old shell game with evidence that never pans out, yet often that evidence has been imbraced by numerous others as the truth. When it is not.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your lack of knowledge of how evolution science works never fails to underwhelm me! Every fossil of an previously undiscovered creature is a missing link until it is found. You seem to have some idea that science thinks the discovery of this particular fossil will answer all questions about the ascent of humans to their present form. It doesn't, and is only one more link of many in the chain of our evolution. Many are still undiscovered.

I would advise you to learn at least a little about how this science works, so you can avoid looking like such a fool in the future.
I know how science works now days. They ignore the evidence that would really question the whole theory of Evolution, and they imbrace any evidence they think would support it. You guys have had over 100 years to find clear transionals that would prove evolution. Yet here we are after 100 years and we have nothing that all could agree on. And if Evolution were true, there would not be enought places to store such evidence.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 AM

33,547 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
I know how science works now days. They ignore the evidence that would really question the whole theory of Evolution, and they imbrace any evidence they think would support it. You guys have had over 100 years to find clear transionals that would prove evolution. Yet here we are after 100 years and we have nothing that all could agree on. And if Evolution were true, there would not be enought places to store such evidence.
Every creature that lives and grows on the planet is in transition...You are a transitional form of life...Once again you are showing how little you know.Take for example the horse..
Horse Evolution Over 55 Million Years

By the way the term "missing link" was coined by the news media, not science.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

This article is such BS! I mean, amature video already captured the missing link between humans and apes...they can be found gathering at the Jersey shore every summer:

YouTube - My New Haircut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality