Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Muslims BELIEVE that their scripture is the word of god, this indicates mere opinion, not fact.

So, unless you can prove the infallibility and accuracy of your scripture, which hasn't been accomplished in the past thousand plus years despite trying, please leave the scripture spam out of the conversation.

Study the Quran carefully: it is devoted to God alone

If you are truly seeking after the truth; I ask you: Have you studied the Quran? Or only you convinced yourself to some words of some clergies and rabbis about the Quran?

When you study the Quran, you will find it from the first word to the last word devoting to God alone without associate or patron, and the Patron is God Most Gracious.

Read at least the translation of the meaning of the Quran by a non-Muslim translator: A J Arberry
Arberry Quran translation (http://mlivo.com/translations/Arberry.htm - broken link)
(although his translation is much defective; and any translation is only the translation of the meaning according to the understanding of such translator.) -- Read the meaning of the first soorah or chapter of the Quran, which is a short one to see that my words are true.

So give me any book other than the Quran with such devotion to God alone.

And what is the religion of God other than the First Commandment which is the most important than all other commendments: that God is One?

This is in the Quran 4: 82
أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا

The explanation:
(Will they not ponder the Quran?

If it had been from [anyone] other than God they would have found therein much variation [contradicting the monotheism included in the ancient heavenly books])

Moreover, I tell you this: in case the Quran is from God the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and some of them disbelieve it, what will their position be before God Almighty; because they denied His revealed word in the Quran,

and denied His noble apostle Mohammed who broke up the idols of his people, and did not spare behind any idol without breaking it,

and now I challenge any of them to break one idol or statue that is erected in their churches and temples, if they are devoted to the First Commandment which denotes: do not take any image or graven thing to adore it; but in fact they work contrary to the most important Commandment of God.

The Disagreement of the
Then from the list of Contents click on:
The Ten Commandments In The Quran
The Admonition in the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:15 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'll take your non-answer as a YES.
Don't ever assume, young grasshopper. It makes you look like an ass.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
"New", no.

Converts from other Christian sects? Certainly.

Atheism enjoys, for the moment, the fastest growing demographic, we non-Abrahaic Theists are a close second.

The total number of Christians in the Nation are, indeed, falling.
You are simply denying the truth. New converts are coming to faith in Christ every day. I see it happen in my own church. I read reports of foreign missionaries.

You keep saying the # of Christians is falling, but that's not the argument here. The question is whether or not any non-believers are coming to faith in Christ.

What proof do have that there are no "new" Christian converts in the recent past?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Don't ever assume, young grasshopper. It makes you look like an ass.
You left me with no choice since you didn't answer my question.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:45 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yet another reason that the bible is a book of myths..
Well I wouldn't say its a book of myths, but I would say that a lot has been lost in its translation. Especially when it come from the fact that those who did most of its translating were a bunch of men that lived together, who obviously hated women. And wrote it to serve thier own purpose and to control the masses by means of fear. They have taken a wounderful book that was meant to be a teaching and book of guidance and turned into a book of fear. Look how many humans have died just because of the words "Christianity", the "Holy Wars", and "Purification".
And the term of hell is the biggest part of all of it. I feel that the hell that "THEY" speak so fondly of, is what we are living in right now. How else would you explain all the pain, sickness's, wars, hate, blood shead, murder and much more.
When we die, our spirits turn back into thier true form " Pure Energy" and we iether 1) come back and try it all over again "because we keep screwing up" , or, 2) go home "where ever that is", because we lived a good life and finally got it right .

Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
No he wasn't...he was a Jew, therefore, did not even know what "hell" was. He was speaking of the grave.
Jesus was a Jew & He taught that Hell was a literal, eternal place.

Hell as a place of punishment translates Gehenna, the Greek form of the Hebrew word that means 'the vale of Hinnom' - a valley just south of Jerusalem . . . In the time of Jesus the Valley of Hinnom was used as the garbage dump of Jerusalem. Into it were thrown all the filth and garbage of the city, including the dead bodies of animals and executed criminals. To consume all this, fires burned constantly . . . Jesus used this awful scene as a symbol of hell. In effect he said, 'Do you want to know what hell is like? Look at the valley of Gehenna.' So hell may be described as God's 'cosmic garbage dump.' All that is unfit for heaven will be thrown into hell.

Mark 9

47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" 'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched.'

Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Study the Quran carefully: it is devoted to God alone

If you are truly seeking after the truth; I ask you: Have you studied the Quran? Or only you convinced yourself to some words of some clergies and rabbis about the Quran?

When you study the Quran, you will find it from the first word to the last word devoting to God alone without associate or patron, and the Patron is God Most Gracious.

Read at least the translation of the meaning of the Quran by a non-Muslim translator: A J Arberry
Arberry Quran translation (http://mlivo.com/translations/Arberry.htm - broken link)
(although his translation is much defective; and any translation is only the translation of the meaning according to the understanding of such translator.) -- Read the meaning of the first soorah or chapter of the Quran, which is a short one to see that my words are true.

So give me any book other than the Quran with such devotion to God alone.

And what is the religion of God other than the First Commandment which is the most important than all other commendments: that God is One?

This is in the Quran 4: 82
أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا

The explanation:
(Will they not ponder the Quran?

If it had been from [anyone] other than God they would have found therein much variation [contradicting the monotheism included in the ancient heavenly books])

Moreover, I tell you this: in case the Quran is from God the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and some of them disbelieve it, what will their position be before God Almighty; because they denied His revealed word in the Quran,

and denied His noble apostle Mohammed who broke up the idols of his people, and did not spare behind any idol without breaking it,

and now I challenge any of them to break one idol or statue that is erected in their churches and temples, if they are devoted to the First Commandment which denotes: do not take any image or graven thing to adore it; but in fact they work contrary to the most important Commandment of God.

The Disagreement of the
Then from the list of Contents click on:
The Ten Commandments In The Quran
The Admonition in the Quran
Bla bla bla bla

That's all I see when you prostylizers spam us.

I've been out from under the heavy thumb of your god for nearly four decades. I've studied (informally) other religions as well as all three of you Abrahamics.

Your scriptures mean nothing to me, whatsoever, nor will they ever mean anything to me, whatsoever. I see it for what it is, and how it is taken by many Abrahamics. A mere Theopolitical Manifesto based little on simple reality.

Like someone saved from a dangerous cult by intervention, I to will never return to your god.

I know you will glance over this post merely to ascertain which quotes to further spam us with, just remember you are wasting your time.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus was a Jew & He taught that Hell was a literal, eternal place.

Hell as a place of punishment translates Gehenna, the Greek form of the Hebrew word that means 'the vale of Hinnom' - a valley just south of Jerusalem . . . In the time of Jesus the Valley of Hinnom was used as the garbage dump of Jerusalem. Into it were thrown all the filth and garbage of the city, including the dead bodies of animals and executed criminals. To consume all this, fires burned constantly . . . Jesus used this awful scene as a symbol of hell. In effect he said, 'Do you want to know what hell is like? Look at the valley of Gehenna.' So hell may be described as God's 'cosmic garbage dump.' All that is unfit for heaven will be thrown into hell.

Mark 9

47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" 'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched.'
How can a worm live in fire, doesn't make any sense?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
How can a worm live in fire, doesn't make any sense?
You should never have used that word, sense. Because you know where you're not going to find any.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:36 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
Quote:
Bla bla bla bla

That's all I see when you prostylizers spam us.

I've been out from under the heavy thumb of your god for nearly four decades. I've studied (informally) other religions as well as all three of you Abrahamics.

Your scriptures mean nothing to me, whatsoever, nor will they ever mean anything to me, whatsoever. I see it for what it is, and how it is taken by many Abrahamics. A mere Theopolitical Manifesto based little on simple reality.

Like someone saved from a dangerous cult by intervention, I to will never return to your god.

I know you will glance over this post merely to ascertain which quotes to further spam us with, just remember you are wasting your time.
Guidance is up to God alone

Don't you see Azar (Terah in the Torah), the father of Abraham, was a disbeliever;
and Canaan the grandson of Noah was also a disbeliever;
and another disbeliever was Abu-Lahab the uncle of Prophet Mohammed.
And these were the intimate relatives of the prophets.

This is in the Quran 45: 23
أَفَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَهَهُ هَوَاهُ وَأَضَلَّهُ اللَّهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ وَخَتَمَ عَلَى سَمْعِهِ وَقَلْبِهِ وَجَعَلَ عَلَى بَصَرِهِ غِشَاوَةً فَمَن يَهْدِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ اللَّهِ أَفَلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

The explanation:
(Have you considered him who takes as his god according to his desires,

and God leads him astray in spite of having knowledge,

and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart, and has placed upon his eyesight a covering?

Who then shall guide him after God [misguided him?] Will you not then reflect?)

The meaning: God has misguided this disbeliever, in spite of that such disbeliever is a scientist in astronomy, solar science, physics, chemistry, medicine ...etc; but he is a wrong-doer or proud over people or does not help the poor or disobeys the parents ...etc, and that God only knows whom He likes to guide and whom He likes to misguide so He leaves him a victim of Satan and his suggestions who will increase his confusion and error.

Man after Death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality