Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:27 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
The difference here in your 2nd paragraph is that Jesus paid the price for us all where you would still have to buy the car off of the salesman if you wanted to purchase it.
So, what about all those who lived before your Christ was invented?

How about the two thirds of the human race who live at this very moment who don't believe in and.or worship your Christ?

We get freebies perhaps?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM

320 posts, read 449,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Why do christians always say this? I am japanese, jesus did not die for my sins. I have absolutely nothing to do with a woman he created out of dirt and a rib (lol?) who ate a fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her too.

I did not ask for jesus to die for "my sins" (who is really the sins of only eve not me), jesus died for nothing then, and his death was absolutely no different then what other people suffered under the romans. Did all the other humans who were crucified also die for me? Jesus did not die for me period, he was murdered, I did not ask for anything, nor did i ask to go to a "heaven" that I didn't even know about until i visited the USA.

Also if jesus died for my sins, then i am going to go sin and sin and sin since he died for my sins already right? Doesn't make any sense. God didnt have to send his son (who is also himself lol) to die for his creations, he could have just made it so. I feel bad for jesus and the bad treatment he got from his father (who is also himself) and the bad logic for his death.
First of all, through this whole statement you've made your point to everyone, You Don't believe Jesus Died for your sin's! that's fine ok think we all get it!

Second of all!
(snake/s) represents men in their evil thoughts expressed with words, (trees) represent people either good or bad! Example. Gangs, would be concidered as (trees) you wouldn't want to eat from, because their fruit (knowledge) is to do wrong i.e do illegal drugs, kill, steal, rob, or rape even! (Apples/Friut) Only means Knowledge! Knowledge of good or evil!

For Example:
If you wanted to lead a good and healthy life you'd hang with people who are good examples for you! a good tree always bears good fruit (knowledge)
For Example:
If your attracted to trouble, you'd hang out with people, who lead destructive paths/life, a bad tree always bears bad fruit (knowledge) this can be anything raging from, gossipers, bullies, manipulators, or back stabbing...etc so and so on, think you get the picture! Ok i'm done!

Peace to you! Each to his own!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:21 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,371 times
You dont need to interpret the bible for me, the bible says snakes and a magical tree. If god wanted it to be interpreted he is so mighty and powerful he could have just said "evil thoughts, words" etc.

And read the thread, why do I have to repeat myself 1000 times? Because of 1 sentence responses like "god is allmighty, and jesus died for your sins"

Ok..??

Old 08-01-2009, 05:27 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
You dont need to interpret the bible for me, the bible says snakes and a magical tree. If god wanted it to be interpreted he is so mighty and powerful he could have just said "evil thoughts, words" etc.

And read the thread, why do I have to repeat myself 1000 times? Because of 1 sentence responses like "god is allmighty, and jesus died for your sins"

Ok..??
Yea this interpretation nonsense is just a cop out. Why not just write it the way you mean.The writers probably meant snake in a tree. people just need to find another meaning to explain the absurdness of it. How are people suppose to understand when everyone interprets it differently. Just a joke

Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM

And some christians don't even believe in the old testament...they can't make up their minds.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
And some christians don't even believe in the old testament...they can't make up their minds.
Obviously neither can God, OT- NT what is he schizo?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:58 PM

320 posts, read 449,327 times
Not everyone who believes in God are (christians) and if people want to believe that there were talking snakes and magic apples in the bible, wel then! Now thats ridiculous!

I I read in a thread, on who was the stupid one Adam or Eve! this was so funny I couldn't stop laughing, and yet they were only posting to give eachother a good laugh, nothing wrong with that! some people need to laugh a little and not take to much to serious!

Anyway with all that said! I am done with this thread! So you all have a good one!

Each to his own!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 PM

17 posts, read 145,308 times
i hope i am repeating many comments since this clause should be in this or that "christian imperialism" trashing.
i mean nothing wrong with the man but... that does not seem to be enough as a few times now i have tried to brake the ice by saying "well he was a wonderful man" handshake, now let's be friends don't try to take me to church or i'll have to through you out again. and they say... man! he was not a great man! he was the son of god... that's our consensus we all agree here right? and even jesus knew (for sure apparently). well in that case i win. i mean: i am the child of god and god says leave this place die here and rule the universe with me, i say how high do you want me to jump!

the story is just better when he is a great guy with a serious commitment to love and a wee bit schizophrenic affective disorder...

otherwise it's a win win situation, a zero percent chance for the house, your horse against 4 to 11 fat dogs in the kentucky derby. or if we have some pessimists: 4-6 cycles of chemo or crucifixion, guantanamo or the birthing inn? i personally choose 8 hours of birth and then crucifixion, you can't feel a thing after a while. i sense a little favoritism unless everyone pre geneva convention gets to buy shares.
that's like claiming bankruptcy after you sign over the millions to grandma.
i mean where are these deals, while the rest of us are trying to figure out how to wrap our souls for the devil. hmmm, what to wish for...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 PM

86 posts, read 106,749 times
I don't believe in Jesus, at least the existance of him. But if he did exist and died for my sins, then I am greatful and thank him. I don't have to go as far as to worship him and sacrafice every sunday to go to church. It's like when a person saves your when you were a kid and he becomes your king. If I have to accept Jesus as my lord or savior, then I hope that at least being respectful of his cause and thanking him should be good enough.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
I don't believe in Jesus, at least the existance of him. But if he did exist and died for my sins, then I am greatful and thank him. I don't have to go as far as to worship him and sacrafice every sunday to go to church. It's like when a person saves your when you were a kid and he becomes your king. If I have to accept Jesus as my lord or savior, then I hope that at least being respectful of his cause should be good enough.
Yes if he saved my life, but the problem here is that he saved us from "original sin" which means we are all born sinners because of what eve did. That is what I have the biggest problem with. The entire original sin and jesus dying for that is ridiculous for me and i can't thank him for it, especially since I dont believe in him i would go to hell anyways so i can't thank him.

If jesus literally saved me from drowning or a shark bite or getting hit by a car when I was 1 day old then of course i would be grateful, but instead he supposivly died for something I did not even do thousands of years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality