Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,587 times

Advertisements

Why do christians always say this? I am japanese, jesus did not die for my sins. I have absolutely nothing to do with a woman he created out of dirt and a rib (lol?) who ate a fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her too.

I look at it like this, imagine a car salesman comes to your house and says, we made this car for you! You need to buy it now and drive it everyday! First of all I did not ask for you to make that car, so no I don't need to buy it. I did not ask for jesus to die for "my sins" (who is really the sins of only eve not me), jesus died for nothing then, and his death was absolutely no different then what other people suffered under the romans. Did all the other humans who were crucified also die for me? Jesus did not die for me period, he was murdered, I did not ask for anything, nor did i ask to go to a "heaven" that I didn't even know about until i visited the USA.

Also if jesus died for my sins, then i am going to go sin and sin and sin since he died for my sins already right? Doesn't make any sense. God didnt have to send his son (who is also himself lol) to die for his creations, he could have just made it so. I feel bad for jesus and the bad treatment he got from his father (who is also himself) and the bad logic for his death.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
yep, that's right! it makes no sense at all...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Why do christians always say this? I am japanese, jesus did not die for my sins. I have absolutely nothing to do with a woman he created out of dirt and a rib (lol?) who ate a fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her too.

I look at it like this, imagine a car salesman comes to your house and says, we made this car for you! You need to buy it now and drive it everyday! First of all I did not ask for you to make that car, so no I don't need to buy it. I did not ask for jesus to die for "my sins" (who is really the sins of only eve not me), jesus died for nothing then, and his death was absolutely no different then what other people suffered under the romans. Did all the other humans who were crucified also die for me? Jesus did not die for me period, he was murdered, I did not ask for anything, nor did i ask to go to a "heaven" that I didn't even know about until i visited the USA.

Also if Jesus died for my sins, then i am going to go sin and sin and sin since he died for my sins already right? Doesn't make any sense.

Yes I agree, I was not even born then, so how did he die for my sins, which I didn't commit because I was not there!! And how did he know that me personally over two thousand years later would even be born or commit any sins. Crazy.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM

An article on the original sin
The unfairness of "Original Sin"

In my opinion, the doctrine of original sin is one of the most objectionable aspects of the Christian faith. The notion that from the moment you are born, you are immediately sentenced to everlasting torment unless you take some kind of drastic action has to be one of the most depressing beliefs ever to take hold of the planet. I will cover the subject of babies and children in another essay, but let's consider the following scenario. One day at home you are minding your business, when there is a knock at the door. A policeman appears and informs you that you are under arrest. When you ask what for, he replies that your great-grandfather murdered somebody 80 years ago, and therefore you are on trial for murder. As you stand there gobsmacked, he informs you that there is a way out, if you get down on your knees and grovel to him, you will be released. He tells you that this is "good news", and you should be extremely grateful to him for giving you this chance to avoid punishment for your great-grandfather's crime.

Can you see how horribly unfair this is? Whether or not you believe in a literal Adam and Eve, the idea that billions of people are going to be punished because of what some human being(s) did thousands of years ago is unfair, immoral and completely unjust. We are told that we have a "sinful nature", and this is what condems us to hell. Well, consider this: it is in the nature of cats to kill mice, so should we prosecute them for this? It would hardly be fair. We are then told that we choose to sin, and therefore we *are* responsible. Well, the Bible tells us that "all have sinned", in other words because some ancient human sinned, there isn't any possibility that anyone will ever live a sinless life, either now or in the future. The dice is completely loaded against us, whether we like it or not. See my article There's no free will in heaven for some more thoughts on this.

Is Yahweh fair in saving only those who believe he sent his son to die on the cross for our sins? Of course, say Christians, everyone has the chance to be saved. So what about the billions of Indians, Chinese and other races who are brought up in a different faith? Well, says the Christian, that's why we send missionaries to other countries. But consider how successful they are - after 2 thousand years, the majority of people around the world simply believe what their parents tell them, and as this is the first thing their young minds will be exposed to, most people hold that faith until they die. Ok, so the missionaries should make more effort, responds the Christian. So the billions of people who have already died as Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus etc. are destined for hell because other people didn't do their job properly? Is that fair?

Ok, says the Christian, we know Yahweh is fair, so he must make some kind of allowance so that those people can get to heaven. Perhaps they get the chance to receive Christ after they die? Well in that case, why bother evangelising?

There's an old story that goes like this: A christian missionary has travelled deep into a jungle to preach the gospel to a tribe that nobody has ever visited before, but is rumoured to exist. He finds the tribe and tells them about Jesus. "But what if you had never found us?" asks the tribe leader, "Would we be punished for not hearing the gospel?". The christian is a bit stuck for words. "No, I mean Yes, I mean No, er, well, I guess God would be fair" he stammers. "So why tell us?" asks the leader.

You see - the missionary probably caused more people in that tribe to go to hell, as they had now heard the gospel and presumably some of them would not believe it. Before this, they would simply have been judged by Yahweh on their good conduct - either that or they would all have gone to hell because of original sin, which makes Yahweh incredibly unfair and cruel. So which is it? If Yahweh was really fair, he would give everyone an equal chance to either accept him or reject him. Nobody would die prematurely, nobody would be indoctrinated with false beliefs by their parents, everyone would have an equal chance for paradise.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM

I asked the question about people in other countries who have no idea about the catholic's god when I was in highschool, it caused quite a stir because the teacher didn't have an answer ready and I was called a problem child! LOL
of course, the one with the original sin kept me going a while, used to ask lots of people who believed in god..never got an answer yet!
.... me asking questions was called 'the devil speaking through me to try to shake their belief'! go figure!!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Yes i am japanese and I am totally knew to christianity and all this religious love fest in america, everything to me sounds so ridiculous and strange too me..

Old 08-01-2009, 01:38 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I asked the question about people in other countries who have no idea about the catholic's god when I was in highschool, it caused quite a stir because the teacher didn't have an answer ready and I was called a problem child! LOL
of course, the one with the original sin kept me going a while, used to ask lots of people who believed in god..never got an answer yet!
.... me asking questions was called 'the devil speaking through me to try to shake their belief'! go figure!!!!

They dont have anything else!! "we were made with free will, yet when we use it we are punished" hhmmmm

Old 08-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Thats what i hate, I asked christian evangelicalswho were trying to give me a bible (wtf? I didnt ask for it), i said "sorry i am using my free will that god gave me not to believe in anything do you have a problem with that?" And they said "well your soul wont be save if you dont accept jesus christ." And i replied "then what the hell is the point of giving us free will if we get punished for using it?". And i just walked away.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:41 PM

you got that right Nea1; but at the time it was very frustrating. You know, when you're a kid and you dare question anyone of authority...! I was just not programmable, I suppose

Good for you Nihonkitty!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Jesus died for all of our sins,He took the weight of the worlds sins and died on the cross. He knew He was going to die on the cross and wanted it that way,because He loves us and wants us to live in His eternal Kingdom called Heaven..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality