Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

i dont know what a "white man" is. people in the middle east are not "white men".
see my profile

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-12-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Eh, if he existed, he probably looked like Jews do today. Or maybe even North Africans.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM

208 posts, read 349,991 times
according too:

Jesus was an Israelite, from the Ishraelite tribe people.

Now we must go in find out what the true Israelites
looked like.

Amos 9:9

peace

Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Ditto!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
My guess is that he looked like a Sephardic Jew. Don't ask me why Sephardic and not Ashkhenazi because I'm not really sure I have a reason. Although it "feels like", even if this isn't true, that Ashkhenazi mixed with more non-Mediterranean people.

Part of the reason he's painted as he is is because Christianity became a largely European religion and Europeans are what we mean by "whites." Christians also wanted to "downgrade" any Jewish features because they deemed Jews to be accursed for killing Christ or accursed for not accepting Christ or what have you. (The Bible is fairly specific though. When they say "you will be punished for two generations" that's pretty much what they mean. So even taking Matthew's curse seriously any "punishment" should've ended sometime after the Bar Kohba revolt, which I'm probably misspelling, and certainly long before Constantine)

In the nineteenth century you begin to have Christians going to the Mideast in attempts to get more real impressions of what Jesus would've looked like. There was a great African-American painter, Tanner maybe, who was known for that. Possibly some of the works of the Maronites, Chaldeans, and Syriacs would give a more accurate impression. (If one insists Jesus never existed than it might give a more accurate impression of what a leading figure in the early Jewish-Christians might look like)

Most Christians I know are trying to be more authentic with it these days. When my Mom repainted her statue of Mary she only had "pinkish" and so she waited to work out a proper darker-tone as she didn't want her to look Nordic/Caucasian. Granted I would say, generally, there's still some favoring of the idea Jesus was a fairly handsome and tall Jewish man even though nothing in the Gospels indicates that. Also if he'd been "tall", by our standards, that seems like it might have been mentioned.

As for specific groups there have been forms of Christianity that do believe Jesus was white. Generally this is believed in only by white supremacists. One group states the House of David, or ancient Jews in general, were "white" and modern Jews are impostors. Another I think states that as God is the father he could make Jesus be anything and if you can be any race you should be white. Despite being born in Asia I've never heard of an "Asian Jesus" theory. Although I did hear one once that Jesus was descended from a secret group of Mayans who settled in the Mideast. Then there's several variants on "Jesus was a space-alien."

Old 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If this doesn't convince you, what will?
Undisputable PROOF that GOD made White People in HIS Image
Certainly nothing quoted from any scripture proven wrong to the point of being merely a poorly written fictional novel.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:38 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Ladies and gentlemen...

Jesus...
Attached Thumbnails
White Jesus?-129138948_64254cdcaa.jpg  

Last edited by AxisMundi; 08-12-2009 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Link didn't work...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 PM

257 posts, read 407,790 times
I can be a pretty racist guy at times by nature, and even I think that is absurd. If people demand Jesus was a White guy, they are not being Christians. All they are doing is setting their mind on the flesh and the things of the flesh, rather than the Spirit and the things of the Spirit. Racism is not from God, people are not born thinking of race, it is from The Devil. And that's coming from a guy against illegal immigration and even most legal immigration.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
This is a description of Jesus from one of the celestials that we have channeled:

"He is of a commanding figure, as you say on earth. His features are regular, and his eyes are of a deep blue, almost a purple blue, with such depths of love in them that under its influence you almost forget to note the color of his eyes. The hair is a beautiful brown, worn long and parted in the middle so that it falls over his shoulders. His nose is straight and somewhat long, with nostrils very refined and showing the artistic elements in his nature. His other features are in keeping with those I have described. He wears a beard quite long and very silky and brown like his hair. His manner is grace itself and modesty personified, and yet in him is the intensity of feeling which can show itself in just indignation when the occasion requires. And yet with all the great beauty of his person and the greater love of his soul showing itself, he is very humble - more so than any spirit I have seen."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality